LeBrun: Teams interested in Jake Gardiner

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Then what do the Canes want?

An asset that isn’t a cap dump and makes them better, otherwise they’re probably not dealing Gardiner. Conversely, what team is going to offer that sort of return for a Gardiner at the moment?

That was probably the beginning and end of this rumor.

Reactions: MinJerkBen

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
If they get the feeling that Romanov is going to stay over in Russia for next year, then yes definitely. Not to say that if he came they'd rule it out, but if he comes over I think they'd go with Chiarot-Mete-Romanov on the left side.
I agree, but Edmunston is an RFA at the end of the year, so he would be a great placeholder for the rest of the season and help the Habs weak left side. I could certainly see it happen, depending on where the teams are at the deadline.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I agree, but Edmunston is an RFA at the end of the year, so he would be a great placeholder for the rest of the season and help the Habs weak left side. I could certainly see it happen, depending on where the teams are at the deadline.

ufa

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Habs fan , but dead inside our team is boring and lame
Petry has been playing bad lately which explain the -7

Ha ha. fair enough.

re: Gardiner, he was terrible early on, but has been pretty good lately. His GA/60 isn't actually bad. Better than Pesce and similar to Edmundson (2.5 vs. 2.4 GA/60). He's just not on the ice for many goals scored at the teams OI SH% is only 3% (vs. 9.6% for Edmunson). I would have to think that balances out over time.

Don't get me wrong, he's not been anything to brag about, but after a rough start, he's been decent.

Reactions: Tryamw

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
8 points -15 on a winning team
Irrelevant money/terms
what else would they spend their money on , he was signed super late and they used a bunch of cap already to get a pick from toronto .

if they can move gardiner for anything its money well spent.

teams can see that hamilton is getting the powerplay time and that jakes back is holding up so someone will bite and the canes will get another asset for just cash .

they wont forget his scoring in toronto in half a year.

Bobby Terrance

Jul 21, 2018
Yep....Here's what he (Gardiner) had to say in a recent Athletic interview about the transition from Toronto to Carolina.

“It’s been great,” he said. “Team’s awesome. Weather is great. My wife likes it. Really good guys on the team. It’s been a pretty easy transition, to be honest.

“It is very interesting how, playing in Carolina, it’s basically like the polar opposite (of Toronto’s fan and media environment). If I have a bad game here, you’re not going to hear about it, really. In Toronto, if I scored a hat trick, I’m the best player in the league. If I’m dash three (minus-3) or something, it’s ‘We need to trade this guy.’ It’s very, very opposite.”
What do you expect? I'm not trying to be insulting here but up here the majority of us are just born in to being hockey and leafs fans and some people get insanely passionate. Nothing wrong with that. But of course when there is so many of us there will be more knuckle heads just based on how many people are raised in to being in to hockey. I know the canes and plenty of other smaller markets have fantastic fans, but it is and always will be a different beast in toronto.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What do you expect? I'm not trying to be insulting here but up here the majority of us are just born in to being hockey and leafs fans and some people get insanely passionate. Nothing wrong with that. But of course when there is so many of us there will be more knuckle heads just based on how many people are raised in to being in to hockey. I know the canes and plenty of other smaller markets have fantastic fans, but it is and always will be a different beast in toronto.

I don’t expect it to be the same here vs. Toronto, nor did my post say or insinuate that. Like I said to the other poster, my response was to a poster that commented about “forgetting about players when they move to a different market” and I posted the comments from Gardiner to corroborate his comments. Of course I know it’s different in different markets. I grew up in Michigan playing hockey, lived in Philly, lived near MTL, in New England, and NY before settling in NC so I’m not blind to different markets and fully realize Toronto is very different.

I don’t mean to be insulting, but before getting all indignant about a post Or feeling offended by it, maybe you should follow the conversation and understand what the response was to before responding. If you take any issue with what Gardiner said, take it up with him.

Reactions: Jerkob Slavin

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

I read a few days ago Pens fans rated number 1.:popcorn:

Had to throw that in, sorry in advance everyone.:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad