Rumor: Teams connected to Faulk: CHI, DET, EDM, and TOR

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
I'd be interested in Faulk as a Leafs fan. He isn't perfect but he seems to have low value right now and I think he's due for a bounce back. Any Canes fans who could tell me what Faulk would cost for the Leafs ?

Shane Goudie

Jul 8, 2009
Edmonton would have to convince Sekera to waive his NMC in order to use him as a salary dump. He might do it given he is only one season away from his NTC turning into a modified NTC. Would Sekera and a 1st do the trick?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Rask and Faulk for RNH and Lucic? Might be a workable deal for both teams?
Carolina loves Rask, as of he's now their #1c because they're weak down the middle, Faulk is exactly what the Oilers need but Oiler fans need to realize the reality that Lucic has serious negative value due to not only his declining play but his buyout proof stupid contract. To get Faulk and not give up RNH it's going to take pool party+

member 147413

You know how a player can get a 10+ page thread on the trade board?

Not being crappy.

Do you know how it can get to 20 pages?

That player havimg an off year so you can offer bad picks and players.
I don’t think Faulk is as good as his best year, but I certainly don’t think he’s as bad as last year.

Faulk is not a crappy player, he’s a 2nd pairing dman who could use some sheltering defensively. I think he’s a really bad fit in Toronto, especially coming off the year he had.

Like I said though, he’s a good player who had a bad year and has been shopped around with a modified NTC.

Those aren’t typically signs of a player getting a fair return.

Using page numbers as a qualifier for how good a player is not typically a proper representation.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Carolina loves Rask, as of he's now their #1c because they're weak down the middle, Faulk is exactly what the Oilers need but Oiler fans need to realize the reality that Lucic has serious negative value due to not only his declining play but his buyout proof stupid contract. To get Faulk and not give up RNH it's going to take pool party+
Rask is not our #1 center, he may even be a 4th liner with PP time. Aho-Staal-Necas are ahead of him in the center department.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My best offer is:
Ron Hainsey
Leafs 1st 2019
Calvin Pickard
Yegor Korschkov

Canes would be moving Faulk because they have 7 NHL defensemen on the roster (Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, De Hann, Faulk, TVR, Fleury). Taking an NHL defenseman back in a deal makes zero sense for the Canes.

Leafs 1st is very likely going to be at the very end of round 1, maybe even 31st.
26 year old AHL / back-up goalies like Pickard have almost no value in a trade, especially when he's going to have to pass through waivers in the first place.
Don't know much about Korschkov.

On the surface, not a very enticing deal. If that's the "best offer", I'd pass.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You might have a hard time finding a way to say more incorrect things in one two line post.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackFr

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Why are the canes taking a cap dump for Faulk?

Why would the Canes want Sekera for a second go around when we’re getting rid of Faulk because we have too many defenseman?
And why would the Oilers trade Sekera at his lowest value when he was arguably Faulk's best partner ever in terms of chemistry. No space. No room.

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Faulk
Nurse - Russell

Too much money on the bottom pair, and we are stuck with Russell, so I just can't see how Edmonton is involved.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Somehow I knew, when I came into this thread it would be Edmonton and Toronto battling it out to see who can out-lowball us more for a Top4 D-man with term coming off a down year.

I leave glad to not be disappointed.

Reactions: sheriff bart

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Low value? What gives you that impression? The horrible propsals in this thread?

Lower value.

Why?

Because CAR went out and got Hamilton and DeHaan this offseason.

Waddell doesn't need to be desperate, but he's not getting great assets back for Faulk.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Best Quote:

"Waddell praised his blueline corps, calling it one of the best in the league, but didn't rule out the possibility of moving Faulk if another team “steps up to the plate.”
Waddell might not be shopping Faulk but he could change his mind if the Hurricanes' offense fails to improve in 2018-19. Carolina was 23rd overall in goals for per game (2.74) last season and the return received from the Sabres (forward prospect Cliff Pu and three draft picks) won't replace Skinner's offense. Faulk could become Waddell's best trade chip to land a scorer".

NHL Rumor Roundup: After Jeff Skinner trade, is Justin Faulk next out of Carolina?

I sort of have a good feeling about who TOR might move to land Faulk, but who might CHI, DET, and EDM use as a trade chip?

Darren Helm (13G) + Athanasiou (16G and on the rise) + 2019 NYI 2nd for Justin Faulk (8G) + Victor Rask (14G).
Salaries are (3.85M + 3M) for (4.833M + 4M), so there might need to be some tweaking because DET can't take too much on, except if Zetterberg is on LTIR.

Detroit gets a top pairing D and some help down the middle, while Carolina gets a promising speedy winger and a bottom 6 speedy C, while getting a boost in goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad