Rumor: Teams connected to Faulk: CHI, DET, EDM, and TOR

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Best Quote:

"Waddell praised his blueline corps, calling it one of the best in the league, but didn't rule out the possibility of moving Faulk if another team “steps up to the plate.”
Waddell might not be shopping Faulk but he could change his mind if the Hurricanes' offense fails to improve in 2018-19. Carolina was 23rd overall in goals for per game (2.74) last season and the return received from the Sabres (forward prospect Cliff Pu and three draft picks) won't replace Skinner's offense. Faulk could become Waddell's best trade chip to land a scorer".

NHL Rumor Roundup: After Jeff Skinner trade, is Justin Faulk next out of Carolina?

I sort of have a good feeling about who TOR might move to land Faulk, but who might CHI, DET, and EDM use as a trade chip?

Mar 26, 2010
Best Quote:

"Waddell praised his blueline corps, calling it one of the best in the league, but didn't rule out the possibility of moving Faulk if another team “steps up to the plate.”
Waddell might not be shopping Faulk but he could change his mind if the Hurricanes' offense fails to improve in 2018-19. Carolina was 23rd overall in goals for per game (2.74) last season and the return received from the Sabres (forward prospect Cliff Pu and three draft picks) won't replace Skinner's offense. Faulk could become Waddell's best trade chip to land a scorer".

NHL Rumor Roundup: After Jeff Skinner trade, is Justin Faulk next out of Carolina?

I sort of have a good feeling about who TOR might move to land Faulk, but who might CHI, DET, and EDM use as a trade chip?
Ok, who is your feeling that Toronto may move?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Why Detroit is going after Faulk is beyond me. They have a bigger priority at the moment (Larkin)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Before the Skinner deal I would have said Faulk is going into camp unless there is an over pay, but now I am not sure.

Ok, who is your feeling that Toronto may move?

He just doesn't check enough boxes to be a big piece. Not a top pairing guy, not a shutdown guy, on a team already stacked with puck moving offensive guys.

His only value to the Leafs is he is a RD.

Last edited by a moderator:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Don't know who Edmonton could offer given their cap situation. Could see RNH as a trade chip as the Canes need a center (Canes add a tad in this case), but that also means Edmonton has absolutely no depth on their LW. Don't know what Chicago or Detroit could trade.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Only roster players Carolina would get from us are Lucic, Strome, Caggiula, other bottom 6ers. If they took back Lucic I would be very interested. They probably want Nuge and hes pretty much untouchable rn unless you massively overpay.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Come on man, you aren't going to get a 2nd pairing RD for a cap dump.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Only roster players Carolina would get from us are Lucic, Strome, Caggiula, other bottom 6ers. If they took back Lucic I would be very interested. They probably want Nuge and hes pretty much untouchable rn unless you massively overpay.
If we took Lucic (and we won't), you would be adding quite a bit and maybe even taking back some salary too.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
How about Toronto gives up the same thing Buffalo did for Skinner?

2nd in 2019, 3rd and 6th in 2020, and prospect Rasanen.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Oilers need him bad.. But i dont see a deal that works with them.. Oilers cant afford to give up a any of their few top guys but also Canes wont want any of the rest... Unless canes did a faulk for a straight up prospect/pick package.. But i assume Oilers would need to punt some salary.

Canes need to just focus on Leafs.. IMO a deal can be made there forsure

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Why Detroit is going after Faulk is beyond me. They have a bigger priority at the moment (Larkin)

Guessing the move would include Nyquist, since the cap hits are near equal, but I don't know if that makes sense for Carolina.

I'm guessing KH wouldn't hesitate to send AA (or similar) and figure out the cap hits later, either.

Just hope he's not stupid enough to move draft picks.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How about Toronto gives up the same thing Buffalo did for Skinner?

2nd in 2019, 3rd and 6th in 2020, and prospect Rasanen.

If Faulk was a UFA at seasons end (which he isn't) and had a NMC (which he doesn't), and if Toronto's 2nd was likely to be like Buffalo's 2nd (which it isn't) then maybe you'd be on to something.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Oilers need him bad.. But i dont see a deal that works with them.. Oilers cant afford to give up a any of their few top guys but also Canes wont want any of the rest... Unless canes did a faulk for a straight up prospect/pick package.. But i assume Oilers would need to punt some salary.

Canes need to just focus on Leafs.. IMO a deal can be made there forsure

We would be willing, but the Canes would not. They would ask for one of Marner/Nylander/Johnsson and I would never do that for Faulk.

Maybe I would do something around Johnsson+ but the Leafs are not stupid either.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
EDM isn't trading Nuge for Faulk (even FAulk +)

Correct. No chance that happens -- at least not straight up. And if it does, the fans rightfully should storm the Oilers front office with pitch forks and demand Chia's head, because that would be the final straw.

Aside from Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse (assuming he gets signed), Sekera, Russell and Benning, the Oilers have tons of guys coming into camp that could take a spot, and most of the RHD are offensive Dmen: Bouchard (offensive RHD), Bear (off. RHD). Persson (off. RHD; darkhorse candidate IMO), Berglund (two-way RHD), Gravel (LHD), Lagesson (LHD), Jones (LHD, prob needs another season in AHL, but you never know), Stanton (LHD), etc.

We have tons of options and finally a pretty deep D prospect corps. I can't see us being that interested in Faulk. Maybe mid-season if nothing works out with those guys. But there's probably only one spot to take, which would be Benning's (and the 7th D spot, for which I think Gravel is penciled in), so only one or two guys at most need to impress out of that group, and there's more than just the guys I listed, but I'll keep it at that for brevity's sake.

Last edited:
Reactions: slim2001 and 780il

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It ALWAYS is! We may as well just get it out there now. Matthews for Faulk :sarcasm:

Matthews ++++ for sure

I say Matthews/Marner/20191st/20201st/2021 1st

MAYBE that gets it done, we may need to add more lol

I kid I kid

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews ++++ for sure

I say Matthews/Marner/20191st/20201st/2021 1st

MAYBE that gets it done, we may need to add more lol

I kid I kid
Toronto adds Tavares, since he is a 4th line C. Did I do that right?

Reactions: I am I and DanM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->