Rumor: Teams connected to Faulk: CHI, DET, EDM, and TOR

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Lower value.

Why?

Because CAR went out and got Hamilton and DeHaan this offseason.

Waddell doesn't need to be desperate, but he's not getting great assets back for Faulk.

They'll need to flip Faulk for scoring help.

In:
Hamilton: 50
Ferland: 20
Necas: 40
Svechnikov: 40
Zykov/Foegele: 40

Out:
Skinner: 50
Lindholm: 50
Hanifin: 40
Ryan: 40
Stempniak: 2

About the same production, with conservative estimates on svechnikov, necas and ferland.

But that had them at 23rd oa last year. So it makes sense to hold on to Faulk and hope some team (edm on rnh, chi on saad) has a rough start or injuries in training camp and becomes desperate enough to deal for faulk.

Otherwise, nothing wrong having 5 top 4 guys and a solid #5 to round out your d corp. He can run the 2nd unit, or (my hope) play the ovie spot on the 1st unit with hamilton running.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I'd rather have Trouba in Detroit personally
cost is high, not only to acquire him but his likely contract as well, faulk could probably be had a on a decent amount cheaper on his next deal

that being said trouba is better but idk if he would be worth the 7-7.5 million or so that he wants vs faulk at 5-5.5 mil on his next deal.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Well Sekera done for year, come on down Justin Faulk.
I think there's a better chance that either they play a youngster or cobble something together around the #5's out there (Enstrom, Emelin, or Sbisa)...or maybe a little lower sights and do a Davidson or Franson.

The Sekera injury does throw a monkey wrench into things.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I'd still like Faulk but the Canes are doing well so I don't think he's available at a price that's reasonable for Edmonton.

Edmonton also has Bouchard and Bear not far off so there shouldn't be any desperation to overpay.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
IMO Canes are the team that is reportedly heavy on Kadri. He’d be a perfect fit for as a 2nd line C for Brind’Amour.

Faulk + Julien Gauthier + Buffalo 2nd for Kadri

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad