Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Wings draft #6

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yes I’m aware , just saying he’s projected to be a top 3 pick if teams pass on him cause of fear or need that can be to our benefit , doesn’t mean the player himself is a bust

Maybe the hawks won’t wanna wait two years for podkolzin since Kane and toews will keep aging maybe the want someone next year to step in, we won’t know these answers till June

I hope he has modest numbers if he’s playing in the tournament now ,keep other teams from taking him if he explodes then he’s gone 100%, I think he’lll be gone by 6 regardless personally but you never know

Yeah, I was more saying worst case that was what I am fearful of.

You also have Kravtsov who was taken at 9 last year and is looking like a really good player. Could go either way. Russia always pumps out some talent.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Just giving an example , pretty sure **** didn’t work out well for the guy who took daigle, scouts are paid not to make mistakes , sure it’s a guessing game but after so many **** ups your out

Look at Hakan anderson he’s made a lifelong career with all those homerun picks years ago, other way and you get axed

Yeah, you can only blow so many chances. Not all busts are equal, though. Yakupov was just a disaster and all of the negatives that were said of him when he was drafted ended up being the only traits he seemed to retain as a pro. Stefan, though, had his body betray him. As did DiPietro.

What's scary about Daigle is that even though he apparently didn't care at all about hockey, he still stepped onto the ice as an 18 year old and put up 51 points in 84 games. Then followed it up with 37 points in 47 games. For his career he was still over .5 ppg. Such a tremendous waste of talent.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

You also have Kravtsov who was taken at 9 last year and is looking like a really good player. Could go either way. Russia always pumps out some talent.

Add Nichushkin to your list of leeriness.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Just from stuff I’ve read online , got the size and isn’t a fast skater I just see him more becoming a 3rd-4th liner and at #6 I wanna go for someone who can be a star just not another “sure” pick that plays in the league

I could be wrong as no one knows what will happen to any of these kids drafted but that’s just my opinion , right now I’d be targeting byram and podkolzin if we get fortunate enough to land one , all that being said with all the rumours of Draper watching dach I wouldn’t be shocked we drafted him but I’d be far from thrilled

So you haven't actually watched him????

I am not a Dach lover by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a very, very hard time describing him as anything other than a very skilled hockey player. He sure as shit projects as a top six player, if only on the wing.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019

Yup that’s why if teams are fearful it can be to our benefit I wouldn’t be scared of taking him

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Don't you think it's a bit of a hasty assessment to jump ship on him? He's a 19 year old kid. Played the entire season in high level men's hockey. Seems shortsighted.

Oh wait you said RASMUSSEN? That's ok then.

Blocked and reported. If you want to use mediocre content, come up with it yourself. Don’t use my mediocre content.

Reactions: izlez

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Very happy to select Dach at 6. Would be great with Byram or Turcotte as well.

I’m only a highlight package watcher but Dach just seems to be a great fit. Some type of Thornton / Getzlaf / Schiefele (?) hybrid sounds fantastic for our wingers we have collected.

I hope Veleno becomes elite. But either way, with Dach added we are done collecting centers for our future roster.

Bring on the Dach.

I understand the desire to select Pod in this scenario and I was good with Zadina selection last year but I don’t think we should do it again. I don’t want to trade AA for a d unless the return is too good to pass.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
So you haven't actually watched him????

I am not a Dach lover by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a very, very hard time describing him as anything other than a very skilled hockey player. He sure as **** projects as a top six player, if only on the wing.
Have you watched every player who’s projected to be drafted ?i liked brannstrom and I didn’t see everyone of his game it’s all a crapshoot

I seen videos and clips on YouTube , read articles, that’s pretty much all I can do unless I live in Saskatoon or other places these kids play , not much junior hockey games televised these days

Anyways it’s cool your high on him , it would be boring if everyone on this board agreed on who to pick at #6,#35, etc... I’m just not high on the guy and prefer byram or podkolzin and if both are gone I’d prefer we address our d problem and trade back and land an extra earlish 2nd if we can still land soderstrom, maybe broberg

I’d be pretty content with something like this and landing that extra pick

11-soderstrom(lets say broberg if he’s gone)
35-Beecher
41- fagemo
57-kotchekov
58- thrun
66- keppen/holmstrom/knyazev

But I’d firstly far prefer byram/podkolzin

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
So veleno who everyone’s been going nuts for the whole year is suddenly assured to be the 3c?i thought his vision and skills,speed were suppose to be elite from what I’ve read if he ends up being a 3c after all this fuss all season long I’ll be disappointed

For me if it’s not byram or podkolzin somehow dropping it has to be soderstrom ,at some point we have to address this d problem we have unless we deal AA for a top d on draft weekend , and getting the #1russian goalie with one of our 2nds or early 3rd or the Swedish goalie just to make sure we have a stud goalie in case god forbid larsson isn’t the real deal

I think we’re pretty solid upfront as is , add a few more pieces this draft and we need to shape up or d and future back end to compete for cups

How would having 3 centers who are all legit top 6 centers be a bad thing? I thought AA did solid at center but still don't think a cup contending Red Wings team would feature him at center. We'd all love to land Byram but no need to act like the Wings have nothing on the way defensively. Hronek, Cholo, McIsaac, and Lindstrom looks like a solid, albeit unspectacular, top 4 to work with for now. Wings need more talent overall, no need to move down for a likely lesser talent because it fills a bigger perceived need atp. I'm confident they'll grab another 1 or 2 good D prospects with their 3 2nd's, hopefully land another McIsaac level D prospect.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
How would having 3 centers who are all legit top 6 centers be a bad thing? I thought AA did solid at center but still don't think a cup contending Red Wings team would feature him at center. We'd all love to land Byram but no need to act like the Wings have nothing on the way defensively. Hronek, Cholo, McIsaac, and Lindstrom looks like a solid, albeit unspectacular, top 4 to work with for now. Wings need more talent overall, no need to move down for a likely lesser talent because it fills a bigger perceived need atp. I'm confident they'll grab another 1 or 2 good D prospects with their 3 2nd's, hopefully land another McIsaac level D prospect.

Love the upside of hronek etc... but they aren’t projected as of yet anyways to be that bonafied stud #1 dman the top teams have , like a doughty,hedman etc...

Soderstrom is the 2nd ranked dman he’s not projected to be some scrub, if the gap between soderstrom or dach isn’t that wide I’d address the need , Montreal addressed the need and took kotkaniemi and it’s turned out to be a good move, there will also be loads of forwards to choose from with our 2nds and If we landed that extra pick that would give us another pick to use totalling 6 picks in the first 66

It’s just something to consider I think

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
This is the worst case scenario for me, not that I hate any of the prospects listed just prefer the ones like Turcotte/Byram/Cozens a lot more. I went with Dach given the options, but id trade back i think. The draft is a crap-shoot anyway

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Something weird going on with some fans here. AA is a legit top-six forward, Bert is also arguably a top-six forward. Neither one of them was even in the AHL when they were 19 (3 games for Bert, 0 for AA). Rasmussen has an underwhelming season as a 19-year old in the best league in the world and it's decided he'll never be a top-six player. Seems extremely shortsighted to me.

Yep.

And AA and Bertuzzi have even shown they can be better NHL scorers than they ever were in the AHL.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Love the upside of hronek etc... but they aren’t projected as of yet anyways to be that bonafied stud #1 dman the top teams have , like a doughty,hedman etc...

Soderstrom is the 2nd ranked dman he’s not projected to be some scrub, if the gap between soderstrom or dach isn’t that wide I’d address the need , Montreal addressed the need and took kotkaniemi and it’s turned out to be a good move, there will also be loads of forwards to choose from with our 2nds and If we landed that extra pick that would give us another pick to use totalling 6 picks in the first 66

It’s just something to consider I think

Don't get me wrong I like Soderstrom, he's even a guy I'd try to move back into the 1st for if he slipped a bit. Just think Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, Byram, and Pod are the top tier after Hughes/Kakko and Wings would be wise to grab one of them.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Don't get me wrong I like Soderstrom, he's even a guy I'd try to move back into the 1st for if he slipped a bit. Just think Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, Byram, and Pod are the top tier after Hughes/Kakko and Wings would be wise to grab one of them.
I’ll be happy when the first round is over and done with, I’m looking forward to seeing what we do with our next 4 picks (I see our 66th as being a late second and still with value )

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I’ll be happy when the first round is over and done with, I’m looking forward to seeing what we do with our next 4 picks (I see our 66th as being a late second and still with value )

Yeah just hope they focus on guys with high upside. Last year they took Regula with that early 3rd iirc....didn't like that pick

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

I mean this mentality can be effectively applied to any player in the top ten. Are we going to draft a Derrick Brassard or a Gilbert Brule?

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Voted Zegras with an * for a trade down option. Otherwise Dach. If we take Podkolzin, this board will be a gigantic shitstorm for months. Nothing against the player, but rather not see that for my sanity's sake.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Yeah just hope they focus on guys with high upside. Last year they took Regula with that early 3rd iirc....didn't like that pick
I think he’s got a shot to play in the league , I think he’ll be the go to guy for London next season on the back end

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Voted Zegras with an * for a trade down option. Otherwise Dach. If we take Podkolzin, this board will be a gigantic ****storm for months. Nothing against the player, but rather not see that for my sanity's sake.
Why’s that?cause he’s Russian and might not play for 1-2 seasons?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad