Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Wings draft #6

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
This represents the worst possible draft scenario for Detroit.
How?would be nice to have a shot at byram since we need d badly but having podkolzin could end up being a big time steal, there will never be another datsyuk but he reminds me of him so much , and when was the last time a Russian projected in the top 5 coming from the khl was a bust?

Last ones I recall are Malkin and ovie

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
No... the vote is Kirby Kirby Kirby, he's the star of the show!

Kirby Kirby Kirby, that's a name you should know!

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Fans on HF also can prioritize position

I know last year for example a lot of us were confused when the Wings took Zadina rather than Hughes/ Dobson/ Boqvist/ etc.

I think the fans of Chicago, Colorado, and LA are all guilty of this for Podkolzin to fall to us in this hypothetical scenario

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
How would they not be blamed? Pretty sure whoever took Stefan #1 got blamed and fired

It’s not just the scouts , tsn people and other media have him as a top 3 pick, a lot of lists I seen online from different sites , if the problem is that hes Russian and won’t play for 2 years and teams pass on him who gives a shit If he’s available at #6 , datsyuk,zetterberg, lidstrom etc... didn’t all come right away , if we wait 2 years so be it

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Eureka! Lets get the Ball rolling and Hoover up the Kirby! It will be all unicorns and Rainbows from here on out. He will be sucking up assists all over the ice while Zadina fills the net with pucks on our way to the cup! Nickname him Roomba because he will be automatic.
What did you just call me???

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Fans on HF also can prioritize position

I know last year for example a lot of us were confused when the Wings took Zadina rather than Hughes/ Dobson/ Boqvist/ etc.

I think the fans of Chicago, Colorado, and LA are all guilty of this for Podkolzin to fall to us in this hypothetical scenario
We had no choice to jump on zadina when he fell , the problem was when we took f***en Rasmussen over brannstrom,Foote,valimaki when we been needing d since lidstrom left , I’m afraid of landing ras 2.0 in dach

Podkolzin drops due to fears or teams taking need like Arizona did last year and byram is gonenthen we take him and move a forward like AA for a dman

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How?would be nice to have a shot at byram since we need d badly but having podkolzin could end up being a big time steal, there will never be another datsyuk but he reminds me of him so much , and when was the last time a Russian projected in the top 5 coming from the khl was a bust?

Last ones I recall are Malkin and ovie

My fear would be he ends up similar to Burmistrov.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
We had no choice to jump on zadina when he fell , the problem was when we took ****en Rasmussen over brannstrom,Foote,valimaki when we been needing d since lidstrom left , I’m afraid of landing ras 2.0 in dach

Podkolzin drops due to fears or teams taking need like Arizona did last year and byram is gonenthen we take him and move a forward like AA for a dman

How on earth is Dach similar to Ras?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
How would they not be blamed? Pretty sure whoever took Stefan #1 got blamed and fired

It’s not just the scouts , tsn people and other media have him as a top 3 pick, a lot of lists I seen online from different sites , if the problem is that hes Russian and won’t play for 2 years and teams pass on him who gives a **** If he’s available at #6 , datsyuk,zetterberg, lidstrom etc... didn’t all come right away , if we wait 2 years so be it

Stefan had injury issues after he was drafted, pretty sure concussions but it's been a few years. Memory isn't what it was. I have a hard time holding against a team a guy getting hurt.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Edit: decided this was too hot a take/too insulting to scouts

I don't think the concern is if he will come over, but when. It isn't a big deal to me necessarily, but I could understand if other teams did not want to defer the gratification. The Russian factor just isn't what it once was.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
8th pick and there’s no way he was projected to be a top 3 pick :p

If we pick Podkolzin it will be at 6, not 3. A #6 pick and a #8 pick are not very different. Similar size guys and they have some similarities. Showed very well in international tournaments but had modest numbers in league play.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
We had no choice to jump on zadina when he fell , the problem was when we took ****en Rasmussen over brannstrom,Foote,valimaki when we been needing d since lidstrom left , I’m afraid of landing ras 2.0 in dach

Don't you think it's a bit of a hasty assessment to jump ship on him? He's a 19 year old kid. Played the entire season in high level men's hockey. Seems shortsighted.

Oh wait you said RASMUSSEN? That's ok then.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
How on earth is Dach similar to Ras?
Just from stuff I’ve read online , got the size and isn’t a fast skater I just see him more becoming a 3rd-4th liner and at #6 I wanna go for someone who can be a star just not another “sure” pick that plays in the league

I could be wrong as no one knows what will happen to any of these kids drafted but that’s just my opinion , right now I’d be targeting byram and podkolzin if we get fortunate enough to land one , all that being said with all the rumours of Draper watching dach I wouldn’t be shocked we drafted him but I’d be far from thrilled

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Stefan had injury issues after he was drafted, pretty sure concussions but it's been a few years. Memory isn't what it was. I have a hard time holding against a team a guy getting hurt.
Just giving an example , pretty sure shit didn’t work out well for the guy who took daigle, scouts are paid not to make mistakes , sure it’s a guessing game but after so many f*** ups your out

Look at Hakan anderson he’s made a lifelong career with all those homerun picks years ago, other way and you get axed

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
If we pick Podkolzin it will be at 6, not 3. A #6 pick and a #8 pick are not very different. Similar size guys and they have some similarities. Showed very well in international tournaments but had modest numbers in league play.
Yes I’m aware , just saying he’s projected to be a top 3 pick if teams pass on him cause of fear or need that can be to our benefit , doesn’t mean the player himself is a bust

Maybe the hawks won’t wanna wait two years for podkolzin since Kane and toews will keep aging maybe the want someone next year to step in, we won’t know these answers till June

I hope he has modest numbers if he’s playing in the tournament now ,keep other teams from taking him if he explodes then he’s gone 100%, I think he’lll be gone by 6 regardless personally but you never know

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I believe Holland will draft someone who will be sooner with Wings, , so I doubt he will draft Podkolzin

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Just from stuff I’ve read online , got the size and isn’t a fast skater I just see him more becoming a 3rd-4th liner and at #6 I wanna go for someone who can be a star just not another “sure” pick that plays in the league

I could be wrong as no one knows what will happen to any of these kids drafted but that’s just my opinion , right now I’d be targeting byram and podkolzin if we get fortunate enough to land one , all that being said with all the rumours of Draper watching dach I wouldn’t be shocked we drafted him but I’d be far from thrilled
Totally different, one is goal scorer another goal setter .will be good for each other

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Yeah this is worst case scenario here...

I'm hoping Pod makes his way into the top 5, because if Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Cozens, Turcotte go 1-5, I will be very angry.

Of these, Dach I guess...

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Totally different, one is goal scorer another goal setter .will be good for each other
On the 3rd line? Lol :p just don’t want us taking him cause of size we did that with 2017 draft and it was a pretty bad draft

Just want us to pick someone with high upside not the one with size and sure thing to play in the nhl , anyways we’ll see what happens I’ll be hoping dach is taken 1-5

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Honestly I don't know why Dach is considered the worst case scenario by so many here that want Cozens. Their production is similar and while they play very different games, if you're worried that Dach is using his size to manhanlde Junior players... I think that worry should be much bigger with Cozens. Dach produces with his vision, smarts and playmaking-- among other things. Cozens is much more likely to drive the net and produce like a classic power forward using his size. Personally I like Dach more just because I prefer smarter players. I also love skaters though so Cozens has his fair share of appeal too. With Kirby Dach we're getting a player that we can very reasonably expect slot behind Larkin as the 2C within the next couple of seasons. Would I prefer Byram or Turcotte whom I now view as having 1D and 1C potential, yes, but if they're not on the board Dach is my guy.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Honestly I don't know why Dach is considered the worst case scenario by so many here that want Cozens. Their production is similar and while they play very different games, if you're worried that Dach is using his size to manhanlde Junior players... I think that worry should be much bigger with Cozens. Dach produces with his vision, smarts and playmaking-- among other things. Cozens is much more likely to drive the net and produce like a classic power forward using his size. Personally I like Dach more just because I prefer smarter players. I also love skaters though so Cozens has his fair share of appeal too. With Kirby Dach we're getting a player that we can very reasonably expect slot behind Larkin as the 2C within the next couple of seasons. Would I prefer Byram or Turcotte whom I now view as having 1D and 1C potential, yes, but if they're not on the board Dach is my guy.
So veleno who everyone’s been going nuts for the whole year is suddenly assured to be the 3c?i thought his vision and skills,speed were suppose to be elite from what I’ve read if he ends up being a 3c after all this fuss all season long I’ll be disappointed

For me if it’s not byram or podkolzin somehow dropping it has to be soderstrom ,at some point we have to address this d problem we have unless we deal AA for a top d on draft weekend , and getting the #1russian goalie with one of our 2nds or early 3rd or the Swedish goalie just to make sure we have a stud goalie in case god forbid larsson isn’t the real deal

I think we’re pretty solid upfront as is , add a few more pieces this draft and we need to shape up or d and future back end to compete for cups

AttilaTheFun

Nov 18, 2018
Something weird going on with some fans here. AA is a legit top-six forward, Bert is also arguably a top-six forward. Neither one of them was even in the AHL when they were 19 (3 games for Bert, 0 for AA). Rasmussen has an underwhelming season as a 19-year old in the best league in the world and it's decided he'll never be a top-six player. Seems extremely shortsighted to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad