Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 2, Avs lead series 2 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
X is Gus. The Jets problem is they have too many of the same players. Two or three of them have to go.

What we really need are some game breakers. Scheif was trending in that direction years ago but seems to be declining now. Connor is close but he's more the kind of guy you want as a support to a real high end talent.

We have no guys like MacK, McD, Drai, Hughes, Makar, Marchand, Barkov, McAvoy, Tkachuk, etc. That just raise their play in the playoffs.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Murat said in his post game article that the linesman saw it, and the linesman can't call a minor penalty. If he was bleeding, then it's reviewable as a double minor and the linesman can make the call.
The linesman can call it on an injury, but has to blow it immediately... it's my understanding. Totally possible the tile changed in the last couple of seasons, though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427_132427_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427_132427_Reddit.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 1

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Sorry but the monkeys do not run the zoo. Move him then. You can't be worried about feelings. He is not a difference maker, just a cog in the wheel. There was a reason he dropped to us in the draft.
Cole deserves a chance to play, not like everyone else is playing so good. A cog in the wheel that’s hilarious he’s 22 learning the game with zero quality TOI and even less confidence from his coach. IMHO I’d be gone. Call it a hunch but his 19G + 19A might turn a GM or 2 in his direction

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
What we really need are some game breakers. Scheif was trending in that direction years ago but seems to be declining now. Connor is close but he's more the kind of guy you want as a support to a real high end talent.

We have no guys like MacK, McD, Drai, Hughes, Makar, Marchand, Barkov, McAvoy, Tkachuk, etc. That just raise their play in the playoffs.
problem is, unlike other teams that can rebuild like MTL Jets will never sell off all their players and allow themselves to tank in order to get that gamebreaker, unless they luck into one like Aho or Kaprizov. Helly was supposed to be a game breaker in the lines of Hasek.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
problem is, unlike other teams that can rebuild like MTL Jets will never sell off all their players and allow themselves to tank in order to get that gamebreaker, unless they luck into one like Aho or Kaprizov. Helly was supposed to be a game breaker in the lines of Hasek.

Thing about Hasek is, he never won a Cup either until he got on a team full of Hall of Famers. It's the same situation Price was in with Montreal. No one player will ever get you a Cup, they might get you close but you need all the pieces to get there.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Thing about Hasek is, he never won a Cup either until he got on a team full of Hall of Famers. It's the same situation Price was in with Montreal. No one player will ever get you a Cup, they might get you close but you need all the pieces to get there.
Difference is Price and Hasek were able to will their teams to the finals. Helly will stop the Jets from drafting high, and correct me if I'm wrong but, game breakers generally get drafted in the top 10 the majority of the time. There are exceptions like Kap, Aho, Robertson.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Difference is Price and Hasek were able to will their teams to the finals. Helly will stop the Jets from drafting high, and correct me if I'm wrong but, game breakers generally get drafted in the top 10 the majority of the time. There are exceptions like Kap, Aho, Robertson.

Yes generally they are top 5, top 10 picks or you get lucky and snag one later. We've drafted #2 with Helle backstopping this team. That didn't work out so well but it's not impossible to implode with the right supporting cast.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Has anyone here ever been to Washington DC? Please help. I’m trying to figure out which Smithsonian museum to visit when I travel there in 2028 and time is running out. It’ll be 2028 before you know it.
Been to Washington a few times but last visit to Smithsonian was 2004 I think. Went to the Air and Space one expecting to spend the morning there and the girls insisted we spend the whole day there it was that good. Probably all sorts of changes since then.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018

This 100%. The Jets have some excellent players but lack elite talent amongst the skaters.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I think AJF comes in on the 4th and either Gus sits or Apple comes out with Gus going in his spot. Wouldn't be surprised if Perfetti comes in.

Schmidt moves to Dillons spot. Miller in
This would be 3 or 4 moves in one game.
I think the most moves you get out of Bones is ONE move.

Ville makes the team next year.
He better get a chance next year. If not, he’s probably never going to.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Wednesday, 7 am. That's two Jets' victories from now.
Congrats and good luck.
If the job is a good fit for you in terms of future goals I hope you get it and that trumps the Jets winning 1 or two or neither of the games. It's only hockey after all. One's livelihood is more important.
Geez I must have caught something with the awful weather we've had. Better lie down.

P.S. When the Jets lose and if the Laffs, Soilers or f*ck Vegas win the Cup and I get apoplectic the better half well, she'll just tell me to have a Snickers and pull something out of the job jar (yes we have one) and get busy.

Side note-she constantly has to check the job jar because I've been known to add things from time to time (well always really) like "make me a sammich, woman, or drink a 6 pack on the deck, gimme a back rub or take a power nap, etc .

Truth is she truly is an Angel sent from heaven for me and there isn't a single thing she could put in the " job jar" I wouldn't do. Ramble, ramble, ramble.

Again good luck and let us know.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Yeah, we don't have that type of player -
So it's a team game or go home - or we can wish we had a game breaker (not trying to be a smart ass but it is what it is).

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
People who are saying this years Jets are just like last years Jets might have a point.
Last year vs Vegas
Jets won game 1
Lost game 2
Game 3 the Jets almost won but got into penalty trouble after tying the game ... if my memory serves me right only Vegas got the PPs in OT but some how they missed a penalty on Vegas.
Vegas leads series 2-1
This year vs Avs
Jet won game 1
Lost game 2
Game 3 the Jets got into penalty trouble in the 3rd period.
Avs leads series 2-1
Wow it does sound familiar and I didn't even mention they lost a defenceman in game 3 in both years for the rest of the series

Last edited:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Congrats and good luck.
If the job is a good fit for you in terms of future goals I hope you get it and that trumps the Jets winning 1 or two or neither of the games. It's only hockey after all. One's livelihood is more important.
Geez I must have caught something with the awful weather we've had. Better lie down.

Truth is she truly is an Angel sent from heaven for me and there isn't a single thing she could put in the " job jar" I wouldn't do. Ramble, ramble, ramble.

Again good luck and let us know.
Bolded reminds me of that brilliant film MASH where they decide the dentist is suicidal because they ask him for a poker ruling and he says, Who cares, it's only a game.

Sounds like you've got a solid wife like I do. As for ramble, the Babylonian Babe draws all of us off topic eventually and kinda nice to take a break from same old arguments and criticisms after 8 months.

Pretty sure were gonna win at least 1 more game and could force it to 7 and then who knows?

Reactions: LowLefty

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Bolded reminds me of that brilliant film MASH where they decide the dentist is suicidal because they ask him for a poker ruling and he says, Who cares, it's only a game.

Sounds like you've got a solid wife like I do. As for ramble, the Babylonian Babe draws all of us off topic eventually and kinda nice to take a break from same old arguments and criticisms after 8 months.

Pretty sure were gonna win at least 1 more game and could force it to 7 and then who knows?
All of a sudden mods are cracking down on off topic posts in here, just like the refs starting calling everything in the Jets out of the blue on the third period last night (that statement makes this post ON TOPIC)

Let something go all season long then start calling it in the playoffs (I mean the refs, of course)

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
And we have traded away many of our top picks over the next few years.
Combine that with an average prospect pool with no top tier prospects (some good middle six pieces though) and that’s why I hate trading picks for rentals.
I think the only way the Jets ever have a chance of going all the way is to pile up draft picks and give themselves a better chance at hitting on a few big winners.

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
Team defence is more to blame than the refs,Helly ( although he has been poor… again ) or coaching.
You give up 40-45 shots a game you ain’t winning. Plain and simple.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
All of a sudden mods are cracking down on off topic posts in here, just like the refs starting calling everything in the Jets out of the blue on the third period last night (that statement makes this post ON TOPIC)

Let something go all season long then start calling it in the playoffs (I mean the refs, of course)
How does Perfetti feel about this development?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
And we have traded away many of our top picks over the next few years.
Combine that with an average prospect pool with no top tier prospects (some good middle six pieces though) and that’s why I hate trading picks for rentals.
I think the only way the Jets ever have a chance of going all the way is to pile up draft picks and give themselves a better chance at hitting on a few big winners.
Yes but the draft picks would be around 20ish if you want a game breaker like MacKinnon most of those picks are useless, you need a top 5 pick.

Reactions: WolfHouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad