Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Wings draft #6

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Probably not many people can confidently vote Podkolzin before comparing his combine results. If he does as well there as expected, then he wont be around at 6th pick. So, I think this poll more accurately reflects a situation in which Podkolzin bombs at the combine.

If Podkolzin looks great and gets picked earlier than shown here, according to this poll, Turcotte would still be available at 6th. In that case, I select Turcotte. However, as it stands, I feel compelled to vote Dach.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Dach but Podkolzin given strong consideration. Seems pretty obvious Rasmussen isn't gonna be an NHL center, still up in the air whether Veleno is a 2C or 3C. Dach is arguably BPA and fills a bigger need so he gets my vote. Also bonus he's a RH shot.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Dach. God willing, we don't get f***ed into not having Byram or Cozens available.

... Honestly, I'd probably trade down a couple picks and try to grab Thomas Harley.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I feel like Pod is the BPA in this scenario.
But I thought Jurco was gonna be a stud, so I've been wrong before.

Reactions: lilidk

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Trade down with a team that has a second 1st round pick and try and pick up two 1sts.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Error: Divide by zero. Our guys not here.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Eureka! Lets get the Ball rolling and Hoover up the Kirby! It will be all unicorns and Rainbows from here on out. He will be sucking up assists all over the ice while Zadina fills the net with pucks on our way to the cup! Nickname him Roomba because he will be automatic.

Last edited:

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
First off I voted dach cause that would be my personal pick here with broberg as my 2nd choice. A very close 2nd and my feelings could change as times go on.

However I believe IF the draft played out like this and padkolzin was on the board, I believe the wings take him(I feel he is the #3 player but theres questions regarding when he would come over and frankly I just want a center or dman).

Lastly, if bryam or cozens are on the board, meaning a team may of taken padkolzin or someone else. Then Bryam would ultimately be #1, cozens 2, dach and broberg at 3, obviously behind Hughes, kakko who have no chance of falling past the top 2.

Edit: I also find it interesting that rangers fans didnt vote 100% for kakko? Unless some trolls voted otherwise. I can understand not having 100% for Hughes as there is debate between the top 2. But once one if off the board the #2 pick is clear as day.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Funny that the top 5 played out similarly to how I thought it would the day of the lottery drawing, albeit in a different order. Still confident that this has a very good chance of being the case come draft day.

I’ll go with Podkolzin in this moment, but he and Dach are neck and neck.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Dach. I don't know much about the draft prospects outside of Hughes and Kakko. Reading articles and watching draft chatter on YouTube it would appear Byram and Dach are the names I see being touted the most after The Big Two come off. So, I went Dach by default.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad