Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Wings draft #6

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So far it looks like it's:

162-1620949_oddly-the-kirbys-adventure-sprites-seem-to-predict.png

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Let's see if he can dominate atU18

Again? He has already done it once in terms of being Russia's best player at the event last year.

I went Dach here because of my board, I would expect the Wings to draft Podkolzin if it fell this way though. Unless they know they will have a significant problem getting him to come over from Russia.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
This would be a worst case scenario for the Wings, but I really don't believe (hell I hope not) that Pod won't be picked up by someone before use. All we need is one player to be chosen outside of the players chosen in the mock above for us to get someone we want.

Oh and I went with Dach.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
easily Dach for me here

he's probably my 3rd choice so taking away the guys i'd have 4-6 makes it an easy choice for me

I do think this is an unlikely scenario though,I really don't think Podkolzin will be there at 6

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'm pretty happy to pick up Dach here. I'm hoping for Byram or Turcotte (we'll have to check up on his injury status at the combine), but if they're not there Dach is a great pick. Vision, skill and size.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Dach. Right now I have him as #4 in my completely un-expert rankings, So I'm happy.

Podkolzin, with the way he is "#3 but could fall" along with the way he plays in the very limited video available, reminds me of Zadina who I'm already not a fan of, so no thank you

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Dach. Right now I have him as #4 in my completely un-expert rankings, So I'm happy.

Podkolzin, with the way he is "#3 but could fall" along with the way he plays in the very limited video available, reminds me of Zadina who I'm already not a fan of, so no thank you

Don't you think it's a bit of a hasty assessment to jump ship on Zadina? He turned 19 like not even 6 months ago, played the entire season in high level men's hockey and managed to maintain basically a 0.60 point per game performance level. Why would jump to not being a fan after what many people would consider to be a very good year for an 18 year old in professional hockey? Seems shortsighted

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Don't you think it's a bit of a hasty assessment to jump ship on Zadina? He turned 19 like not even 6 months ago, played the entire season in high level men's hockey and managed to maintain basically a 0.60 point per game performance level. Why would jump to not being a fan after what many people would consider to be a very good year for an 18 year old in professional hockey? Seems shortsighted
To keep it short and not hijack the thread: Playing amateur scout, I did not like what I saw out of him in Junior. I would not have drafted him. He has not done enough to change my mind since then with his play in the World Juniors, AHL, or NHL.
Has he been a total failure in those? Absolutely not. He just needs to be more impressive to change my existing opinion. I'm not writing his career off and I hope I'm wrong...I'm just not a fan.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Trade down with a team that has a second 1st round pick and try and pick up two 1sts.
The only teams with 2 firsts are Buffalo, NYR and LA, can't trade back with two of them, doubt Buffalo pays #26 to move up a spot.

EDIT: I lied - Anaheim snuck in there - it is a viable candidate - 6 for 9+20

Christien

May 1, 2010
I think that if this is the way the actual draft ends up going, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up going Podkolzin here. I think if they are really high on Veleno, that will play a part in the decision. I just wish there was another stand out dman that we could take in the top 10. Sucks. Really big on Turcotte though and Cozens. Don't mind Dach at all I think the potential is there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Again? He has already done it once in terms of being Russia's best player at the event last year.

I went Dach here because of my board, I would expect the Wings to draft Podkolzin if it fell this way though. Unless they know they will have a significant problem getting him to come over from Russia.

Might be wishful thinking here...

But if there are no concerns about him coming over, you would think he goes top 5.
If there are concerns about him coming over, you would think he falls farther than 6.

Might not be that black and white, just thinking out loud.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Probably Dach over Krebs in this situation. He may end up on the wing, but he is a playmaker. Before taking Dach, however, I would get on the phone about trading down a hair and trying to grab Krebs or Zegras + another pick.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
To keep it short and not hijack the thread: Playing amateur scout, I did not like what I saw out of him in Junior. I would not have drafted him. He has not done enough to change my mind since then with his play in the World Juniors, AHL, or NHL.
Has he been a total failure in those? Absolutely not. He just needs to be more impressive to change my existing opinion. I'm not writing his career off and I hope I'm wrong...I'm just not a fan.

:eyeroll:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The only teams with 2 firsts are Buffalo, NYR and LA, can't trade back with two of them, doubt Buffalo pays #26 to move up a spot.

EDIT: I lied - Anaheim snuck in there - it is a viable candidate - 6 for 9+20

Yeah, Anaheim is the team I've been looking at and wondering about. And if St. Louis wins a round or two, that second 1st is going to fall a bit later. Might make them more open to dealing to move up.

Considering their blueline, it wouldn't be the worst thing if they dealt those picks to move ahead of us. They could take Byram, but their biggest need is up front. If they really want Podkolzin (for example more than anything) but think he'll be gone by 9, I could definitely see them trying to trade w/ Chicago to move up.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That was my protest vote at not having a trade down option.
It's the HFBoards first round team board mock draft. They aren't going to have trade backs because it would make everything extremely complicated.

Every board makes their pick with what's in front of them, unfortunately for you the people on other team boards like the same players you like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad