Targets in Potential Eichel/Reinhart/Risto trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Mike Harrington demands that Zibanejad be included in any deal with NYR for Eichel. So I guess Buffalo should target him right?

More seriously I think Montreal makes a decent dark horse candidate for Eichel or Reinhart.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Mike Harrington demands that Zibanejad be included in any deal with NYR for Eichel. So I guess Buffalo should target him right?

More seriously I think Montreal makes a decent dark horse candidate for Eichel or Reinhart.

Mike Harrington is an exceptional clown. Zibanejad not only has a NMC (which he'll 100% use to not be traded to this disaster zone), but is a UFA in a year and wouldn't resign here unless they offered him a contract that'll quickly look worse than Skinner's

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Montreal definitely doesn't have anything spectacular enough in their cupboards to make me think gifting a division rival a 1C is a good idea.

Reactions: debaser66

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
Playoff teams that fizzle that will want to upgrade... likely cap coming back in some way

Eichel
Canes - Necas ++
Wild - EE, Fiala ++
Canadians - Suzuki ++

Rienhart
Wild - Fiala
Canes - TT

Risto
Jets - Copp? or Applewood +

What I think will happen...
Eichel - Strome, K Miller, Georgiev, 1st
Reinhart - 1st and 3rd
Risto - Stays and is Captain

What I would like to see happen
Eichel - good player(s) and some prospect/pics (ie Suzuki, Romanov, Kulak, 1st, and likely salary of some kind ie Drouin)
Reinhart - get a player (ie Fiala, Tkachuk - throw in a pic if you have to
Risto - get a player Copp or Wood are ideal
Cap Space - Dougy!!! (it is not insane he has S Ontario ties)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Obviously, there will be demand for Jack and an LA would be the ideal landing site.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Playoff teams that fizzle that will want to upgrade... likely cap coming back in some way

Eichel
Canes - Necas ++
Wild - EE, Fiala ++
Canadians - Suzuki ++

Rienhart
Wild - Fiala
Canes - TT

Risto
Jets - Copp? or Applewood +

What I think will happen...
Eichel - Strome, K Miller, Georgiev, 1st
Reinhart - 1st and 3rd
Risto - Stays and is Captain

What I would like to see happen
Eichel - good player(s) and some prospect/pics (ie Suzuki, Romanov, Kulak, 1st, and likely salary of some kind ie Drouin)
Reinhart - get a player (ie Fiala, Tkachuk - throw in a pic if you have to
Risto - get a player Copp or Wood are ideal
Cap Space - Dougy!!! (it is not insane he has S Ontario ties)

Marco rossi, 1st round picks, & fiala is on the table but respectfully, wild aren't trading Joel Eriksson Ek, selke award candidate or adding on much to fiala.

Fiala & rossi aren't going to be available in any reinhart trade

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Marco rossi, 1st round picks, & fiala is on the table but respectfully, wild aren't trading Joel Eriksson Ek, selke award candidate or adding on much to fiala.

Fiala & rossi aren't going to be available in any reinhart trade
Don't you need 1C? Ok

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Fiala + for Reinhart

is something I could live with. Similar age, both in need of a new contract, Reinhart the more valuable player due to position/handedness.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Reinhart never had to do faceoffs. He is a smart guy, he would have figured it out. Remember, Crosby was also weak on faceoffs, and later he made it a strength of his.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Reinhart situation is so infuriating because literally anyone who wasn't completely stupid knew for the past several seasons that locking him up long term was something that HAD to be done but Botts and KA (And yes this is more on Botts) decided to keep kicking the can down the road and now we are completely screwed.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The Reinhart situation is so infuriating because literally anyone who wasn't completely stupid knew for the past several seasons that locking him up long term was something that HAD to be done but Botts and KA (And yes this is more on Botts) decided to keep kicking the can down the road and now we are completely screwed.

It is infuriating. If Botterill had just, for once in his career, done the not stupid thing, we could be sitting here with Reinhart locked up for 5 more years @ $6M.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Really? Winning a faceoff in the offensive or defensive zone is pretty big.

In the long run, faceoffs have basically no impact on puck possession. There are times it matters more than others (3-v-3, offensive/defensive zone draws late in a 1-goal game), but you also don't need to be a center to take a draw.

Reactions: sabremike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad