Targets in Potential Eichel/Reinhart/Risto trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
Jet's fan coming in to inquire about Ristolainen and the what you guys think the ask will be for him? Jets desperately need some size, offence and physicality on the backend. I personally think Risto would be a good fit. Not sure if he's even on our radar but it's an interesting though experiment. Unlikely the Jets would want to make any deals until after the expansion draft.

As far as players available I'm not entirely sure what we would be willing to give up for a rental who we should be able to resign if all goes well. Copp is someone who has some team control left and might be looking for a bigger role, more likely as a top 6 C. He likely won't get the opportunity with the Jets. We have the 18th (which is technically the 17th) overall pick, as well as our 2nd this year. I'd imagine Perfetti is off the table. Heinola and Samberg are likely as well but who knows. Org doesn't seem to be in a rush with either of them. I'd imagine they won't be very willing to give up anyone on the current roster either outside of Copp.

I would take your 2022 unprotected first rounder in a heartbeat.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I don't think we would offer it. If that ends up being Shane Wright we would smash our heads off the wall for the next two decades. Which doesn't seem worth it.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

I'd take Copp straight up if we know for sure one or both of Eichel and Sam are gone. Copp would be an excellent resource to lean on while Cozens and Mitts wet their feet another year. We'd have no top line center in that scenario but 3 centers I could deal with.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!! Eklund is tracking down a major rumour:

“but currently I am chasing a rumor that the Sabres are closing in on a MAJOR deal, I do not believe it to be Eichel, like others are speculating...but rather Sam Reinhart...I know one of the teams they are talking to is Seattle....making more calls...back later...”

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State

“but currently I am chasing a rumor that the Sabres are closing in on a MAJOR deal, I do not believe it to be Eichel, like others are speculating...but rather Sam Reinhart...I know one of the teams they are talking to is Seattle....making more calls...back later...”

"Reinhart for every player currently under contract with Seattle!!! HUGE DEAL E10000"

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Eklund calls the Seattle office and Jason Botterill picks up the phone. Eklund forgot to introduce himself and mentioned Reinhart's name. Botterill thinks it's a call from the Sabers office and is trying to push the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad