Targets in Potential Eichel/Reinhart/Risto trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Fiala + for Reinhart

is something I could live with. Similar age, both in need of a new contract, Reinhart the more valuable player due to position/handedness.

Umm, respectfully, wild aren't trading fiala in reinhart trade, or adding. Wild Know all about fiala, & what he's brings to the wild

Fiala is way more important to wild

Fiala will only be traded in eichel trade

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Respectfully reinhart isn't really a c. He's a really good rw because he's 36 percent on faceoff

Reinhart hasn't proven he can be a center for a full season, but you also don't know what a center does based on this statement

I really hate this timeline where we have to deal with vultures picking off core pieces because the Pegulas are operating a circus

Reactions: umbertovanek

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Reinhart hasn't proven he can be a center for a full season, but you also don't know what a center is based on this statement

I really hate this timeline where we have to deal with vultures picking off core pieces because the Pegulas are operating a circus

In wild offense every face-off is important. Especially OT

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Umm, respectfully, wild aren't trading fiala in reinhart trade, or adding. Wild Know all about fiala, & what he's brings to the wild

Fiala is way more important to wild

Fiala will only be traded in eichel trade
Respectfully, under normal circumstances I'd consider this ludicrous, since Reinhart is the better player, playing the more valuable position and having the more desirable handedness, hence the + next to Fiala.

Given the Sabres organization's recent track record, though, who knows.

In any event, Fiala for Reinhart one for one would be a downgrade in my book.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If Byfield or players of his tier are truly not available for Jack, I’m making a core-swap deal with Calgary.

Tkachuk
Monahan
Hanifin / Valimaki / Pelletier / Zary
2021 1st
2022 2nd

for

Eichel
Reinhart

We might even be able to get a better package than that because Teliving’s job is on the line.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Your not selling Reinhart as a center to any team regardless if you think faceoffs don't matter since another player can take them. Any team acquiring him is going to be looking at him to compliment their right wing. The only team I could see any possibility of selling him as a center too would be Montreal since they tried both Domi and Drouin at the position and even then at this point I would assume are done trying that.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
In wild offense every face-off is important. Especially OT
Eric Staal is 50% on faceoffs. The Wild could sign him back cheap.
Cody Eakin is killing it on faceoffs winning 54.3%. This faceoff machine is available for no money down, no credit check. all offers pre-approved. The buyer will receive 5 dozen complementary La Nova wings

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Vogl getting a lot of comments from his Athletic colleagues on his latest article:

1. Calgary sends right winger Matthew Tkachuk, center prospect Connor Zary and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  2. Minnesota sends center prospect Marco Rossi, a first-round pick and either defenseman Matt Dumba or forward Jordan Greenway to the Sabres for Eichel
  3. Los Angeles sends center Quinton Byfield, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  4. Los Angeles sends centers Alex Turcotte and Gabriel Vilardi, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  5. Arizona sends left winger Clayton Keller, goalie Darcy Kuemper and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  6. Detroit sends winger Filip Zadina or Lucas Raymond plus additional prospects and picks to the Sabres for Eichel
  7. Washington sends center Evgeny Kuznetsov, goaltender Vitek Vanecek and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  8. Tampa Bay sends center Anthony Cirelli and defenseman Mikhail Sergachev to the Sabres for Eichel

Reactions: Lo97

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Vogl getting a lot of comments from his Athletic colleagues on his latest article:

1. Calgary sends right winger Matthew Tkachuk, center prospect Connor Zary and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  2. Minnesota sends center prospect Marco Rossi, a first-round pick and either defenseman Matt Dumba or forward Jordan Greenway to the Sabres for Eichel
  3. Los Angeles sends center Quinton Byfield, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  4. Los Angeles sends centers Alex Turcotte and Gabriel Vilardi, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  5. Arizona sends left winger Clayton Keller, goalie Darcy Kuemper and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  6. Detroit sends winger Filip Zadina or Lucas Raymond plus additional prospects and picks to the Sabres for Eichel
  7. Washington sends center Evgeny Kuznetsov, goaltender Vitek Vanecek and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  8. Tampa Bay sends center Anthony Cirelli and defenseman Mikhail Sergachev to the Sabres for Eichel

1. No. We have too many left shot wingers already. Add in Tkachuk we'll have Tkachuk, Skinner, Olofsson, Ruotsolainen, Bjork and Girgensons on the left side with no centers to pass to them. A calgary deal starts with Lindholm as the NHL piece coming back.
2. Erikkson Ek starts the conversation. And I'm not taking Rossi without a full medical work up. His COVID complications could end his career. Dumba fine with a deal, Greenway falls under "no more left shot wingers"
3. Quick has been terrible the last 2 years. he has negative value. I'll take Dustin Brown if we needed to even up cap wise.
4. I like that Vilardi is a bit more NHL ready. Byfield, Vilardi, and Brown + a 1st for Eichel :shrug:
5. God no. Keller has struggled since his rookie year. And he's on a 7M contract. You know what a team paying Skinner and Keller 16M a season is? A lotto team until the cap is like 100M. And...NO MORE LEFT SHOT WINGERS
6. Now we're trading Eichel in the division? No no no aaaand hell no.
7. Kuznetsov has a 15 team NTC. Guess what isn't on his approved list?
8. I mean, this deal is never happening and I hate that it's in the division, but this is what you want back. A two way center and a top 4-dman for Eichel. We downgrade the Center position, but upgrade the defense, hope Cozens+Mittelstadt's development will offset the offensive loss.

Reactions: jc17

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
In terms of value, if you include a 3rd team, the tkachuk deal might not be terrible if you don't want a left shot. Biggest problem is probably finding a team both teams are fine dealing with.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
1. No. We have too many left shot wingers already. Add in Tkachuk we'll have Tkachuk, Skinner, Olofsson, Ruotsolainen, Bjork and Girgensons on the left side with no centers to pass to them. A calgary deal starts with Lindholm as the NHL piece coming back.
2. Erikkson Ek starts the conversation. And I'm not taking Rossi without a full medical work up. His COVID complications could end his career. Dumba fine with a deal, Greenway falls under "no more left shot wingers"
3. Quick has been terrible the last 2 years. he has negative value. I'll take Dustin Brown if we needed to even up cap wise.
4. I like that Vilardi is a bit more NHL ready. Byfield, Vilardi, and Brown + a 1st for Eichel :shrug:
5. God no. Keller has struggled since his rookie year. And he's on a 7M contract. You know what a team paying Skinner and Keller 16M a season is? A lotto team until the cap is like 100M. And...NO MORE LEFT SHOT WINGERS
8. I mean, this deal is never happening and I hate that it's in the division, but this is what you want back. A two way center and a top 4-dman for Eichel. We downgrade the Center position, but upgrade the defense, hope Cozens+Mittelstadt's development will offset the offensive loss.
I would hope you guys get more than that in a trade for Eichel. What are peoples expectations value-wise? I know it’s hard to gauge since it’s an unprecedented situation, but I’d have to imagine it’s something like good roster player now, top prospect, 1st

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

I agree 8 is the easy preference here and there is an absolute zero chance of it happening. But it has less to do with the division and more to with Tampa's salary structure and the fact that all of their "cap dumps" necessary to make the deal work have NTC.

That Keller deal is a weird turd thrown in the middle of otherwise somewhat optimistic options. The Detroit deal is also really bad.

The Sabres turning down Tkachuk because they have Skinner, Olofsson, R2, Bjork, Zemgus at LW would be like the Flames turning down Eichel because they have Monahan, Backlund, and Derek Ryan already at center. Tkachuk is the exact type of player Buffalo needs and is missing. The deal is missing a non-Monahan center coming back though like you said.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
In terms of value, if you include a 3rd team, the tkachuk deal might not be terrible if you don't want a left shot. Biggest problem is probably finding a team both teams are fine dealing with.

I agree 8 is the easy preference here and there is an absolute zero chance of it happening. But it has less to do with the division and more to with Tampa's salary structure and the fact that all of their "cap dumps" necessary to make the deal work have NTC.

That Keller deal is a weird turd thrown in the middle of otherwise somewhat optimistic options. The Detroit deal is also really bad.

The Sabres turning down Tkachuk because they have Skinner, Olofsson, R2, Bjork, Zemgus at LW would be like the Flames turning down Eichel because they have Monahan, Backlund, and Derek Ryan already at center. Tkachuk is the exact type of player Buffalo needs and is missing. The deal is missing a non-Monahan center coming back though like you said.

We could make it work, but I think to have a functioning roster we'd have to shuffle the roster a bit. We obviously aren't going to have a straight LS/RS split and a few guys will play their off sides (some players actually prefer that). However, I think minus Eichel/Reinhart it only Cozens and TT remain as right shot forwards. As the key piece back for Eichel, a left shot winger would be disappointing given our current roster make up. However, that could change if we are doing a full roster overhaul.

I would hope you guys get more than that in a trade for Eichel. What are peoples expectations value-wise? I know it’s hard to gauge since it’s an unprecedented situation, but I’d have to imagine it’s something like good roster player now, top prospect, 1st

Eh, I think some people are using the 4 A grade prospects/picks as a guide, but for me, I want

-Two way NHL center with term (with peak years remaining)
-Top Four veteran D-man with term
-Prospect/1st round pick

Taking all futures back is throwing away another season at this point, and the fanbase doesn't have the patience for it.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We could make it work, but I think to have a functioning roster we'd have to shuffle the roster a bit. We obviously aren't going to have a straight LS/RS split and a few guys will play their off sides (some players actually prefer that). However, I think minus Eichel/Reinhart it only Cozens and TT remain as right shot forwards. As the key piece back for Eichel, a left shot winger would be disappointing given our current roster make up. However, that could change if we are doing a full roster overhaul.

Eh, I think some people are using the 4 A grade prospects/picks as a guide, but for me, I want

-Two way NHL center with term (with peak years remaining)
-Top Four veteran D-man with term
-Prospect/1st round pick

Taking all futures back is throwing away another season at this point, and the fanbase doesn't have the patience for it.
So you’d want Ek, Dumba and a 1st from MN?

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Is it just me or are a large amount of people in here really undercutting Eichel's value. Just my perception and obviously I don't wanna hype myself up for his return just to almost forsure be let down, but most of the hopeful returns in here are underwhelming.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Is it just me or are a large amount of people in here really undercutting Eichel's value. Just my perception and obviously I don't wanna hype myself up for his return just to almost forsure be let down, but most of the hopeful returns in here are underwhelming.

Its a 10 million dollar contract. That's a big deal. Eichel at 3 million would be worth everything. Teams have to plan their salary out a few years. Most teams that is. The successful ones.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Its a 10 million dollar contract. That's a big deal. Eichel at 3 million would be worth everything. Teams have to plan their salary out a few years. Most teams that is. The successful ones.

Salary would definitely be coming back our way in any trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad