Targets in Potential Eichel/Reinhart/Risto trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Depends on what Adams wants and whether Pegulas agree with his plan. If he wants to do some realignment and focus on drafts for 2021, 2022, and 2023, then a futures package makes a lot more sense with prospects and choices.

But if Adams wants to try to win next season, then deals with teams like Calgary and Minnesota might make sense. We could probably get two good players and a choice from those teams.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
We could make it work, but I think to have a functioning roster we'd have to shuffle the roster a bit. We obviously aren't going to have a straight LS/RS split and a few guys will play their off sides (some players actually prefer that). However, I think minus Eichel/Reinhart it only Cozens and TT remain as right shot forwards. As the key piece back for Eichel, a left shot winger would be disappointing given our current roster make up. However, that could change if we are doing a full roster overhaul.

Eh, I think some people are using the 4 A grade prospects/picks as a guide, but for me, I want

-Two way NHL center with term (with peak years remaining)
-Top Four veteran D-man with term
-Prospect/1st round pick

Taking all futures back is throwing away another season at this point, and the fanbase doesn't have the patience for it.

I'm absolutely all aboard this train.

If you're getting blue chip prospects on an ELC, or draft picks as the basis of a return... You had better be prepared to swallow a big cap dump to make the salary work along with it.

JEE, Dumba, 1st would be a solid return for Eichel IMO. Another team might beat that offer... But if he's forcing his way out you could do a lot worse.

I imagine most Wild fans are incredibly high on JEE however...

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
JEE it seems to me definitely no worse than Cirelli. I have big doubts about Dumba because of his age and term, also I'm not sure that he is suitable for playing in the first pair with Dahlin and he will not receive PP1 in Buffalo.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
JEE it seems to me definitely no worse than Cirelli. I have big doubts about Dumba because of his age and term, also I'm not sure that he is suitable for playing in the first pair with Dahlin and he will not receive PP1 in Buffalo.

Dumba could potentially fill the void left by Risto if all three of them are headed out this summer.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm absolutely all aboard this train.

If you're getting blue chip prospects on an ELC, or draft picks as the basis of a return... You had better be prepared to swallow a big cap dump to make the salary work along with it.

JEE, Dumba, 1st would be a solid return for Eichel IMO. Another team might beat that offer... But if he's forcing his way out you could do a lot worse.

I imagine most Wild fans are incredibly high on JEE however...

Wild fans have insisted they would never trade JEE, which, of course, only makes me want him as part of the deal even more.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I went through some capfriendly proposals by team and I think the offers from MIN fans were the most reasonable.

The ones from calgary were generally not great. 1 that was interesting was them flipping johnny G for Konecny then giving us Monahan, Konecny, Zary, 1st,2nd,3rd. No way this happens though.

Kings fans are all over the place in how they value their prospects.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Vogl getting a lot of comments from his Athletic colleagues on his latest article:

1. Calgary sends right winger Matthew Tkachuk, center prospect Connor Zary and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  2. Minnesota sends center prospect Marco Rossi, a first-round pick and either defenseman Matt Dumba or forward Jordan Greenway to the Sabres for Eichel
  3. Los Angeles sends center Quinton Byfield, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  4. Los Angeles sends centers Alex Turcotte and Gabriel Vilardi, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  5. Arizona sends left winger Clayton Keller, goalie Darcy Kuemper and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  6. Detroit sends winger Filip Zadina or Lucas Raymond plus additional prospects and picks to the Sabres for Eichel
  7. Washington sends center Evgeny Kuznetsov, goaltender Vitek Vanecek and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  8. Tampa Bay sends center Anthony Cirelli and defenseman Mikhail Sergachev to the Sabres for Eichel

I’m biased. But I feel the only team with anything close to the Flames offer is Tampa if this is true.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
This team even with Eichel and Reinhart, aren’t close to competing in the Atlantic. TB, Toronto, Florida, Boston are all light years ahead.

If they are trading these guys, it needs to be a hard reset, lots of young assets.

I don’t want guys like Monahan or Dumba back. Mediocre guys (not difference makers) that won’t move the needle and just keep the Sabres in a limbo position.

Reactions: JesterCheese

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
1. No. We have too many left shot wingers already. Add in Tkachuk we'll have Tkachuk, Skinner, Olofsson, Ruotsolainen, Bjork and Girgensons on the left side with no centers to pass to them. A calgary deal starts with Lindholm as the NHL piece coming back.
2. Erikkson Ek starts the conversation. And I'm not taking Rossi without a full medical work up. His COVID complications could end his career. Dumba fine with a deal, Greenway falls under "no more left shot wingers"
3. Quick has been terrible the last 2 years. he has negative value. I'll take Dustin Brown if we needed to even up cap wise.
4. I like that Vilardi is a bit more NHL ready. Byfield, Vilardi, and Brown + a 1st for Eichel :shrug:
5. God no. Keller has struggled since his rookie year. And he's on a 7M contract. You know what a team paying Skinner and Keller 16M a season is? A lotto team until the cap is like 100M. And...NO MORE LEFT SHOT WINGERS
6. Now we're trading Eichel in the division? No no no aaaand hell no.
7. Kuznetsov has a 15 team NTC. Guess what isn't on his approved list?
8. I mean, this deal is never happening and I hate that it's in the division, but this is what you want back. A two way center and a top 4-dman for Eichel. We downgrade the Center position, but upgrade the defense, hope Cozens+Mittelstadt's development will offset the offensive loss.

Overall, I don't hate the first 4 proposals or the Lightning deal. The Yotes, Wings, and Caps proposals would physically upset me.

I'll start by saying I'm not trading Eichel unless I absolutely have to - for example if my medical staff tells me that his list of injuries has caused major red flags on career longevity or his effectiveness moving forward. Other than that scenario, I'm keeping him around and trying to smooth over the relationship.

That being said I agree with a lot of what you've written, but I will say that the Calgary deal probably interests me the most. Tkatchuk is left-handed, but he does regularly play his offwing. As long as he plays with a right-handed center here (i.e. Reinhart, Cozens), I don't think a left handed shot on the right side is a problem. The fact that VO and Skinner can also comfortably play their offwing helps here. He really brings an element that we don't have in our lineup, and every time I watch the NHL playoffs it's an element that we'll need if we're going to compete moving forward.

Regarding the LA deals, Vogl does point out that Quick's salary is very low in his last year, so he'd basically serve as a vet for a young goalie in the 1st year, then be a good buyout candidate 2 years from now. I'm a big Turcotte fan, so I'm a bit partial to that deal.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What is the problem if LW returns in the deal? Skinner looks bad and shouldn't be guaranteed a place in the top 6. Olofsson plays RW at Granato, in Sweden he played RW, maybe he is more comfortable there? If Granato stays as coach Olofsson can still play RW. Bjork and Girgensons are not top 6 players. Perhaps RW was a more logical return, but I would not immediately abandon LW, it depends on what kind of player it is.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Dumba and Fiala are adding qualities that we already have. And they will be expensive in the near term. Don't see them getting us into the playoffs so what's the point in adding them?

Wild fans want this trade done before expansion draft.

Turcotte
Kupari
Grans
Quick
2021 1st (8th overall)

I think the majority of people think that isn't enough from the Kings. But I think its a realistic get and works quite well from a tank perspectiv3

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I can't see TB agreeing to Cirelli + Sergachev.... At all.

Perhaps, but the thing that makes Tampa interesting is that they are not afraid of bold trades:
  • St Louis
  • Drouin
  • McDonough/Miller
  • Multiple 1st round picks for bottom 6 role players
They were also reportedly in on Karlsson when he was on the block. They've had a "go big or go home" mindset for a while now.

While I don't expect the Lightning to be in on Eichel, at the same time I wouldn't shocked if they made a legit offer.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Matthew Boldy probably the type of player that Adams would be looking for for this young core.

ClassicBusiness

Mar 20, 2012
Is it just me or are a large amount of people in here really undercutting Eichel's value. Just my perception and obviously I don't wanna hype myself up for his return just to almost forsure be let down, but most of the hopeful returns in here are underwhelming.
I think it's the injury uncertainty more than the contract..

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
  1. Calgary sends right winger Matthew Tkachuk, center prospect Connor Zary and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  2. Minnesota sends center prospect Marco Rossi, a first-round pick and either defenseman Matt Dumba or forward Jordan Greenway to the Sabres for Eichel
  3. Los Angeles sends center Quinton Byfield, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  4. Los Angeles sends centers Alex Turcotte and Gabriel Vilardi, a secondary prospect and goalie Jonathan Quick to the Sabres for Eichel
  5. Arizona sends left winger Clayton Keller, goalie Darcy Kuemper and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  6. Detroit sends winger Filip Zadina or Lucas Raymond plus additional prospects and picks to the Sabres for Eichel
  7. Washington sends center Evgeny Kuznetsov, goaltender Vitek Vanecek and a first-round pick to the Sabres for Eichel
  8. Tampa Bay sends center Anthony Cirelli and defenseman Mikhail Sergachev to the Sabres for Eichel

1.) Yes, please. MT is exactly the type of player this team needs.
2.) Meh.
3 and 4.) I'm good with either, though I'd think we might be able to get another piece by taking on Quick's salary
5.) Nope.
6.) Mheh, leaning towards nope.
7.) Hell no. Want nothing to do with Kuz.
8.) YES PLEASE. ALL OF MY YES.

Reactions: DJN21 and Fezzy126

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Vogl getting a lot of comments from his Athletic colleagues on his latest article:

1. Throw in a 2022 1st, and I'm game. Tkachuk is they type of player the Sabres are missing. I'd also need to know that the team is in position to take Beniers. It'd also be really good if Reinhart stayed.

2. Nope. JEE, two 1sts, and either Dumba or Greenway.

3. Nope. Send Eichel, take on Quick, and only get Byfield and a secondary prospect in return? Pass.

4. Nope, but closer. Turcotte, Vilardi, 2021 1st, and Bjornfot for Eichel, if the Sabres are taking Quick too.

5. Not enough, by a lot.

6. Maybe. Add in Veleno and a 2022 1st, and I'm considering.

7. Nope, not taking on a problem.

8. Done.

Reactions: Zman5778

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Matthew Tkachuk is a very controversial player. It seems that we really need such a player as a type, but I read contradictory opinions about him that he is not a leader, but rather the opposite, that he will have to pay almost 10 million in the next contract. I would like to know more about him before trading Eichel for Tkachuk+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad