Targets in Potential Eichel/Reinhart/Risto trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
There's already a roster discussion thread where this is being discussed?

Reactions: jc17

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Imagine how much value we threw out not trading Reinhart/Risto at deadline. We are now trading one season and likely playoff run. Just weeks ago, a buyer would have got two playoff runs.

People who can't see how much value was thrown away, including management, don't get it.

This is just the latest example.

Sad

Reactions: Bferra13

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Eichel:

LA: QB55 or bust! Turcotte is an acceptable plan B as the centerpiece to a deal.

Calgary: Matthew Tkachuk+

Anaheim: Zegras+ (yeah, I know this won't happen)

Philly: Couturier+a bunch of kids

NYR: All the guys that everyone says are untouchable

Bos: Ritchie+Frederic+Swayman+futures

Seattle: [Best goalie in ED]+[Best D in ED]+[Best center in ED]+['21 1st]+['22 2nd that can become a 1st if Eichel meets games played minimum]

Reinhart:

'21 1st + a really good prospect

Risto:

Whatever you can get for him that doesn't involve a putrid contract coming back

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Imagine how much value we threw out not trading Reinhart/Risto at deadline. We are now trading one season and likely playoff run. Just weeks ago, a buyer would have got two playoff runs.

People who can't see how much value was thrown away, including management, don't get it.

This is just the latest example.

Sad
I don’t think this is right in the context of Sam. For a deal like this, the Sabres will likely need someone off the roster. Deals like this are way better in the off-season.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks, Officer ;)

gif

BardownSnapper

May 11, 2021
Turcotte, Madden and Bjornfot from the King

IF we have to trade Eichel, I don't want him going to NYR. No desire to see him more often than I have to as the next Sabre killer

I haven't given a whole lot of thought about Reinhart/Risto but I view the comments from both Jack and Sam as a coordinated collective message regarding the lack of urgency/response from ownership.Each player are wasting years here under the current climate with no end insight

I'd be looking to escape to a new company if my work stripped resources to the studs, looking completely incompetent with no plan clearly in place. These type of pressers have happened multiple times over the years which have been well documented. I am pro-players on this one.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We’re pumping Turcotte as an acceptable piece? Jesus Christ.

If this organization settles for Tier 2 players...my god

Turcotte instead of Byfield
Kakko instead of Laf
No Zegras

That would be wholly unacceptable.

Lol, just went there. Exactly.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I don’t think this is right in the context of Sam. For a deal like this, the Sabres will likely need someone off the roster. Deals like this are way better in the off-season.

You don't think having Reinhart for TWO PLAYOFF RUNS isn't worth more than one. Teams trading for Reinhart are getting one year. That's it. He is a high-end longer rental now.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
We’re pumping Turcotte as an acceptable piece? Jesus Christ.

If this organization settles for Tier 2 players...my god

Turcotte instead of Byfield
Kakko instead of Laf
No Zegras

That would be wholly unacceptable.

They're just trying to be realistic. The players you want aren't available for a $10M injured player.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
You guys need to factor in the salary cap to some of these proposals.

Yes - Eichel is good value at 10m/per. But he's still >9m/per more than these young guys just about to hit their ELCs.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Eichel:

Lafreniere
Byfield
Krebs/Glass
Zegras

That would be my list of center pieces to build an Eichel deal around. He can't go for quantity. This trade requires an elite prospect / young player in return.

And Adams needs to be prepared to play hardball.

In order to play hardball you need to have leverage. Adams has none.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You guys need to factor in the salary cap to some of these proposals.

Yes - Eichel is good value at 10m/per. But he's still >9m/per more than these young guys just about to hit their ELCs.

Exactly -- having a cheap player on a entry level contract holds a TON of value. You have to factor that into the trade...along with the fact that Eichel is injured.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Eichel:
B Tkachuk
C Brown

Condition: If Eichel is traded before 2024 Ottawa adds two first round picks.

Reinhart:
M Tkachuk

Ristolainen:
Wood

First two trades salary cap+years of team control makes up for some of the difference in talent.
The third we probably have to add.

I also think these are players that can help us through 1-2 more seasons of suck without "losing their love for the game."

Edit: I also take some pleasure in sending Eichel to his death in Ottawa. f*** him.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Exactly -- having a cheap player on a entry level contract holds a TON of value. You have to factor that into the trade...along with the fact that Eichel is injured.

I don't think the injury is a huge issue unless something really bad shows up - at which point his playing career comes into question. He doesn't have a long injury history & he's a top tier player. Teams won't shy away from that.

But absolutely agree about ELCs. How many of us would be willing to trade Cozens for a player with a 10m cap hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad