Targets in Potential Eichel/Reinhart/Risto trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The best dance partner are the Kings with their deep pool of prospects -

Zegras is the most desirable prospect and the one I’d asking for.

Pettersson is the Young NHL player I would try to pull off - if that was the direction I wanted to go.

here is a quick rundown of what I’d try to accomplish -

kuznetsov, Vanecik, and Jensen
For
Reinhart and Ristolainen

Zegras and Comtois (with maybe some other pieces)
For Eichel

or

Reinhart for Monahan
Turcotte, ‘21 #1, Kaliyev for Eichel
Ristolainen for #1 and a 2nd

then try to capitalize on Lightning cap situation and grab 1 or 2 of Killorn, Palat, or Gourde

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
All I need from a Ristolainen trade is for Ristolainen to leave and for the Sabres to not replace him with Jack Johnson or Erik Gudbranson or someone else who is generally considered to be one of worst players in the NHL.

That's all. I mean, I know it's the Sabres, but that seems like a low bar to clear.
I'd prefer if they don't trade for three RHD bottom pairing defensemen before trading Risto this time...

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
The only one I would be willing to trade at this time is Reinhart. His value is high. The Sabres need to stop selling low and buying high as they have been doing so much in the last 8 years.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
If we did something with Vegas I’d love to get Tuch. Plays a strong physical game, from the area (Syracuse at least), has term and is young.
Obviously he’d only be a part of an Eichel deal.

But maybe an even swap for Reinhart if traded?

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Reinhart is from Vancouver and reportedly would be interested in returning to the west coast.

The guy from Vancouver I'd target is Nils Hoglander. He is a high motor, physical and skilled player. That is the type of guy the Sabres need more of.

He played three years in the Swedish men's league as a teenager. 11 points in 7 U20 games. He just put up 26 points in 51 games with the Nucks as a 20 year old.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Hoglander is a guy the board was high on in the 2019 draft, particularly Jame and or Chainshot iirc. imo the Sabres should've drafted him over Ryan Johnson.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Reinhart is from Vancouver and reportedly would be interested in returning to the west coast.

The guy from Vancouver I'd target is Nils Hoglander. He is a high motor, physical and skilled player. That is the type of guy the Sabres need more of.

He played three years in the Swedish men's league as a teenager. 11 points in 7 U20 games. He just put up 26 points in 51 games with the Nucks as a 20 year old.
For obvious reasons, I would be interested in Podkolzin, but also his playing and leadership qualities could help this core, and he is a beast in the playoffs. But I like Hoglander too.

Deleted member 331730

Dennis Bernstein knows what we like around here

Eichel isn't a 80 point player in 82 regulars... he is a potenzial 90-95 point player an a top 10 center. Byfield and the 1st in 2021 entry draft is minimum

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
For obvious reasons, I would be interested in Podkolzin, but also his playing and leadership qualities could help this core, and he is a beast in the playoffs. But I like Hoglander too.

I liked Podkolzin in his draft year but his stock has fallen since then. He had three uninspiring U20s and hasn't produced in the KHL.

Any idea what has happened to him?

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
The Ducks could be intriguing. Gibson would need to be coming back, signed long term they have a top 4 pick this year and a few high end prospects.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I liked Podkolzin in his draft year but his stock has fallen since then. He had three uninspiring U20s and hasn't produced in the KHL.

Any idea what has happened to him?
Wait, he was the best SKA player in this playoff, his development was not linear, but now he seems to be in order.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I see. He seems improve his play during the playoffs. Interesting.
In the regular season, he mainly played at the 3-4 line and did not get much ice-time, with not the strongest partners. SKA is a difficult team for the development of a young player, of course, if it's not such a talent as Panarin.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo
The best dance partner are the Kings with their deep pool of prospects -

Zegras is the most desirable prospect and the one I’d asking for.

Pettersson is the Young NHL player I would try to pull off - if that was the direction I wanted to go.

here is a quick rundown of what I’d try to accomplish -

kuznetsov, Vanecik, and Jensen
For
Reinhart and Ristolainen

Zegras and Comtois (with maybe some other pieces)
For Eichel

or

Reinhart for Monahan
Turcotte, ‘21 #1, Kaliyev for Eichel
Ristolainen for #1 and a 2nd

then try to capitalize on Lightning cap situation and grab 1 or 2 of Killorn, Palat, or Gourde

I want no part of Kuznetsov. A better organization than ours wants to dump him because of character concerns? Yikes. Keep him far far away from our kids. And that's without considering his contract/age

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I'm gonna put this here so I can say, "I told you so":

When the Sabres trade Eichel, they won't be getting back the other team's best prospect or a player of equal calibre.

Not Byfield.
Not Turcotte.
Definitely not Zegras.
Not Laf.
Maybe Kakko but only because I think he's gonna bust.

No NHLer remotely on the level of Pastranak

Kevyn Adams will get back the other team's third-best or worse prospect, an NHL second or third line winger, an AHLer, and a protected 1st plus maybe a conditional third that can turn into a second if the team wins the cup that year or some other low probability event, plus he's gonna take back a cap dump signed for a few years

He'll then spin it as a win for the franchise because they got back guys who "want to be here" even though any NHLer he acquires is probably gonna feel like Slava Kozlov after Hasek said Darcy couldn't acquire anyone important from Detroit when trading him

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

When the Sabres trade Eichel, they won't be getting back the other team's best prospect or a player of equal calibre.

Not Byfield.
Not Turcotte.
Definitely not Zegras.
Not Laf.

Kevyn Adams will get back the other team's third-best or worse prospect, an NHL second or third line winger, an AHLer, and a protected 1st plus maybe a conditional third that can turn into a second if the team wins the cup that year or some other low probability event, plus he's gonna take back a cap dump signed for a few years

He'll then spin it as a win for the franchise because they got back guys who "want to be here" even though any NHLer he acquires is probably gonna feel like Slava Kozlov after Hasek said Darcy couldn't acquire anyone important from Detroit when trading him
An interesting statement. I would like to clarify such players as, for example, Drysdale , Comtois, Rossi, Boldy, Krebs, Tuch how are they quoted in your coordinate system?

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

Not Byfield.
Not Turcotte.
Definitely not Zegras.
Not Laf.

Na.

Using RoR and his looming TEN MILLION DOLLAR BONUS trade and the Hasek trade where he could just retire is nothing like a trade for a ppg center in his prime signed for 5 more years. And if no team is willing to give that up then Jack can f*** off the next 5 years here. Not like he has done a f***ing thing to help this team win.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
Eichel isn't a 80 point player in 82 regulars... he is a potenzial 90-95 point player an a top 10 center. Byfield and the 1st in 2021 entry draft is minimum
Did he say byfield "AND" Turcotte, 1st & 2nd? or did he say
Byfield "OR" Turcotte, 1st & 2nd?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
(1) I'm still 100% against trading Jack/Sam. I wouldn't do it. Full stop.

(2) If it's a foregone conclusion, here's where I've landed on return:

I want one player back for each of them. Maybe that's hyperbole, but that's the idea. One player of equal value back. If we're getting a four quarters in exchange for a dollar I hate it. The more "pieces" that come back in either deal the more I'm likely to hate it.

Logical? Sensical? The opinion of someone still actively invested in the team? Probably not. But that's where I'm at.

Bufbro

Jun 19, 2018
(1) I'm still 100% against trading Jack/Sam. I wouldn't do it. Full stop.

(2) If it's a foregone conclusion, here's where I've landed on return:

I want one player back for each of them. Maybe that's hyperbole, but that's the idea. One player of equal value back. If we're getting a four quarters in exchange for a dollar I hate it. The more "pieces" that come back in either deal the more I'm likely to hate it.

Logical? Sensical? The opinion of someone still actively invested in the team? Probably not. But that's where I'm at.

I don't think this is realistic, no.

1) Most teams trading for a player of this caliber are looking to make the "get us over the top" trade. They won't be looking to send top end players back because that's basically a parallel move. Only exception would be if they need a center instead of a premier winger. But not many wingers worth Eichel.

2) Eichels injury and both Sams and Jacks discontent will likely make other GMs think they should be discounted. Very unlikely that you get an equal player back IMO.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think this is realistic, no.

1) Most teams trading for a player of this caliber are looking to make the "get us over the top" trade. They won't be looking to send top end players back because that's basically a parallel move. Only exception would be if they need a center instead of a premier winger. But not many wingers worth Eichel.

2) Eichels injury and both Sams and Jacks discontent will likely make other GMs think they should be discounted. Very unlikely that you get an equal player back IMO.

(1) Eichel and Reinhart are foundational pieces, not "put you over the top" pieces. Nobody who's already got a cup contending team is missing a #1 center.

(2) Let's just assume that's true even though I see no reason to believe it is. Jack's under contract for 5 more years. We can just keep him.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
An interesting statement. I would like to clarify such players as, for example, Drysdale , Comtois, Rossi, Boldy, Krebs, Tuch how are they quoted in your coordinate system?

Yeah. I keep saying this - but the return likely falls somewhere in the middle.

You guys thinking Eichel fetches a Lindros type package are wrong.

You guys who think he returns garbage are also wrong.

Reactions: JesterCheese

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
I don’t know how the Sabres Atleast don’t get back what the Flyers got for Mike Richards. Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn (think he was considered a top 3 prospect in hockey at the time) and a draft pick. Richards ended up getting a 2nd but imo Eichel is better and younger, should get a first.

Reactions: Fezzy126
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad