Rumor: Tarasenko

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I don't care to upgrade the bottom-6 any .

Given how big of a role our 3rd and 4th lines had in our Cup run; I do not understand this statement at all.
It's not like our bottom 6 is "loaded" right now. As it stands, both Clifford and Sanford will be every night players. That is not the sign of a great bottom 6.

Bernie Federko

Jun 29, 2018
Try using an Aaron Rodgers voice. I stole his quote from last weeks first presser after his first day at camp. People thought the Green Bay Packers management should trade Rodgers for a tin can full of used cleats. Management said ”no” you’ve got a contract see you at training camp”. This “I love my team and fans” is a possible pathway out for Tank.

I had a dream that kind of reminded me of that Sandlot scene where Bennie talks to the Babe. Tarasenko asked me if he should accept a trade to Detroit. I told him he was a Blue until he wasn't.

Reactions: STL BLUES

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Given how big of a role our 3rd and 4th lines had in our Cup run; I do not understand this statement at all.
It's not like our bottom 6 is "loaded" right now. As it stands, both Clifford and Sanford will be every night players. That is not the sign of a great bottom 6.

Another poster made this statement about Dak Joshua, so I'll say the same thing about the former:

"If Kyle Clifford is a regular part of your lineup, something's gone horribly wrong."

Coincidentally, I'd rather play Joshua than Clifford.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Why on Earth would the Rangers be in on Tarasenko? I mean they have cap space for this year, but with how many high profile RFAs they have in the next two years, as well as Zibanejad, it just doesn't make any sense to take on a contract like Tarasenko without dumping more cap onto the Blues. They have interesting prospects that I would love to have, but I just don't see why the Rangers would take on significant cap after trading away Buchnevich for his potential cap raise.

As for New Jersey, I totally understand why they would want Tarasenko. The issue is that I'm not particularly interested in much they would reasonably offer. I don't care to upgrade the bottom-6 any and their defense doesn't have much of anything I'd want. I'm not even that interested in their prospects (again, what they would reasonably give up). Maybe Bratt or Sharangovich could be a basis but other than that, I'm not excited at what I'm seeing.

To spite the Islanders and Devils, probably to drive the price up and make one of those 2 teams pay more than originally planned. Helps us out as well.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
As for New Jersey, I totally understand why they would want Tarasenko. The issue is that I'm not particularly interested in much they would reasonably offer. I don't care to upgrade the bottom-6 any and their defense doesn't have much of anything I'd want. I'm not even that interested in their prospects (again, what they would reasonably give up). Maybe Bratt or Sharangovich could be a basis but other than that, I'm not excited at what I'm seeing.
NJ does have some interesting D prospects, Particularly LHD. So much so that they had a bit of a pending future log jam of LHD before they even acquired Ryan Graves and drafted Luke Hughes.

Not sure who they would be willing to give up, but they have the prospect capital and cap space to make it happen. Hughes is obviously off the table, and I'm assuming Mukhamadullin is as well. But a prospect like Bahl or Misyul? Maybe...

My dream (i.e. completely unrealistic) scenario would be a package from NJD something like Zacha + Bahl for Tarasenko + Sanford + conditional performance based pick. Sign Bozak and Murray to reasonable contracts and call it an offseason.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
That would be awesome... really doubt Armstrong has the incriminating photos of Lamoriello necessary to make it happen tho :laugh:

I don't think incriminating photos of Lou even exist! Is there anyone more respected in the game? I am encouraged by the most recent rumors, looks like we might end up with a decent player out of this situation.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Beauvillier or Zacha would be worth attaching a pick to Tarasenko if that's what it takes, especially Zacha, who I think is a more likely piece to move. I really liked his game last year and I think he'd be a great 3c for years to come as a Blue.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It would be nice to get any youngish piece that can play a top 9 role or just be one of our top 6 defenders. Just a complimentary piece for the next core.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I don't think incriminating photos of Lou even exist! Is there anyone more respected in the game? I am encouraged by the most recent rumors, looks like we might end up with a decent player out of this situation.
Sources have confirmed that Lou recited only nine Hail Marys, instead of the prescribed ten, after pulling little Julie’s hair at the tender at age of 7.

That’s enough to get at least a top-flight prospect.

Reactions: Reality Czech

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
If we sign Ryan Murray in free agency then move tarasenko for bratt + 3rd..... I think i'd be a thrilled Blues fan.

I know murray has injury issues but as a free agent and a team with a dire need for a shutdown top pair LHD that isn't completely allergic to the puck. He seems like an interesting gamble on a short term contract.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If we sign Ryan Murray in free agency then move tarasenko for bratt + 3rd..... I think i'd be a thrilled Blues fan.

I know murray has injury issues but as a free agent and a team with a dire need for a shutdown top pair LHD that isn't completely allergic to the puck. He seems like an interesting gamble on a short term contract.

I like this idea. I’d also move Sanford and bring back Bozak with that money.

Perron-O’Reilly-Buchnevich
Bratt-Schenn-Kyrou
Saad-Thomas-Kostin
Barbashev-Bozak-Sundqvist
Clifford, Mac/Dak

Murray-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo
Walman/Mikkola

EDIT: Nevermind he legitimately just signed with Colorado as I typed this out.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

There's zero way I'm offering him anything more than like 1.8-2 mil, no matter how great he is. He's missed 40% of the games the past 4 years and I wouldn't want to overpay him just for him to be hurt nearly half his time here.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I like this idea. I’d also move Sanford and bring back Bozak with that money.

Perron-O’Reilly-Buchnevich
Bratt-Schenn-Kyrou
Saad-Thomas-Kostin
Barbashev-Bozak-Sundqvist
Clifford, Mac/Dak

Murray-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo
Walman/Mikkola

EDIT: Nevermind he legitimately just signed with Colorado as I typed this out.

Well....atleast theres still possibility for Bratt.....I was even thinking if Kostin is as advertised, he can fill the role and probably be an upgrade on sanford and roll:
Perron-ROR-Kostin (shutdown line that can protect/possess pucks/play physical and defend well.
Saad-Thomas-Buchnevich (super skilled but trustworthy line that will play the right away and should create scoring chances with saad complimenting thomas and buch's skill.
Bratt-Schenn-Kyrou Probably the most explosive 3rd line in the NHL with dynamic skill and skating ability with Kyrou and bratt and a physical goal scorer in schenn.
Barbs-Sunny-Cliff/Mac (maybe sign Sceviour, he's always been a low key effective 4th line type that can score here and there and play C or W and kill penalties)

Sunny is as good as it gets for a 4C in the NHL and he's more than capable of playing solid smart hockey higher in the lineup as an injury filler, if he can stay healthy, he's a big piece to our puzzle.

Will have skill and scoring ability with smarts and physicality on each of our top 9 lines( and use the ROR line as a shutdown line with a 2nd and 3rd line that should be able to put the puck in the net.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
IDK, @DatDude44

When it comes to constructing the forward lines, @CaliforniaBlues310 is the man.

Krug-Faulk? No
They're fine if they're sheltered....if Krug could actually play with parayko on the top pair (then late protecting leads replaced by scandella) we could be in decent shape.

Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Walman/perunovich-Bortz
Mikkola

I do think they'll take their time with perunovich, assuming he's gonna start in the A and most likely play a ton and run the PP

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
They're fine if they're sheltered....if Krug could actually play with parayko on the top pair (then late protecting leads replaced by scandella) we could be in decent shape.

Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Walman/perunovich-Bortz
Mikkola

I do think they'll take their time with perunovich, assuming he's gonna start in the A and most likely play a ton and run the PP
I like these defensive pairings, minus Perunovich. He ain’t ready, yo!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Hahaha thank you! I personally would run Krug-Parayko and Scandella/upgrade-Faulk but Chief loves his shutdown pair
Then maybe it’s time to move on from Chief. The Blues have changed and the coaching staff must adjust or else......(insert dramatic Wagnerian music).

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m ready for a rumor…anything…please. Hell, lie to me if you need to, just tell me something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad