Rumor: Tarasenko

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
What does New Jersey have that would honestly help us? I can't see them giving up a roster player.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What does New Jersey have that would honestly help us? I can't see them giving up a roster player.
They have solid pieces, but at this point, who knows what a return could look like or when a deal would even be completed. Looking clearer and clearer that every source has just been Tarasenko's agent trying to push a deal.

Reactions: Blueston

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
There's still a ton of time between now and training camp (let alone opening night), but Armstrong told Tarasenko to come to St. Louis prepared to play, and I'm of the same mindset at this point.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
They have solid pieces, but at this point, who knows what a return could look like or when a deal would even be completed. Looking clearer and clearer that every source has just been Tarasenko's agent trying to push a deal.
I'm not sold that is the case. It could have been a Blues source (or a league source doing Army a solid) attempting to create the appearance of a bidding war in an effort to drum up the value. If I were betting, I'd guess that it was the agent, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Army trying to create some value for his asset. I fully believe that Army is comfortable dragging this into the season in order to get a good return, but I'm also confident that he would prefer to get that value right now. If he can drum up a marketplace, he will.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Hey Tarasenko, nobody is willing to pay the asking price for you, so I’d advise you to swallow your pride, report to camp in great shape, and show everybody the beast you can be when healthy.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Honestly keeping him is our best case scenario at this point. I'm guessing his value (around the league) is basically one 2nd rounder or a B prospect. I also honestly do believe he will have a bounce back year. And instead of going on the main boards and arguing round-and-round his 'true value' and that he is (should be) finally healthy. Why not just let him flourish here and reap the rewards at a later date? I just would hope that Tank reports.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I honestly just want him gone now. I'm so tired of hearing the Tarasenko chatter right now. There's no one in the UFA market I'd really be interested in signing and we can clear cap in a trade if we were trying to acquire a top 4 LHD in a trade. He doesn't want to be here anymore? then kick him to the curb. Let the players who actually want to be here like Perron play.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I honestly just want him gone now. I'm so tired of hearing the Tarasenko chatter right now. There's no one in the UFA market I'd really be interested in signing and we can clear cap in a trade if we were trying to acquire a top 4 LHD in a trade. He doesn't want to be here anymore? then kick him to the curb. Let the players who actually want to be here like Perron play.
Funny how people turn against player if he is feeling bad. It's on Army if he can't find trade for him.

Blaming player in this manner is absolutely painful to see. Also note how important he was/is in Blues.

Same goes with Pietro.

So many Army's boys in Blues board.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Honestly keeping him is our best case scenario at this point. I'm guessing his value (around the league) is basically one 2nd rounder or a B prospect. I also honestly do believe he will have a bounce back year. And instead of going on the main boards and arguing round-and-round his 'true value' and that he is (should be) finally healthy. Why not just let him flourish here and reap the rewards at a later date? I just would hope that Tank reports.
He's not going to no show camp. That would cost him $9.5M and he would not be allowed to play in the KHL unless he retires from the NHL.

He could retire, play in the KHL for 6 years and then make his NHL return at 35. Or he could retire, sit out from pro hockey for 2 years and then try to make an NHL return after that. Or he could just come to camp and try to look like a 25 goal scorer for the first 6 weeks of the season. Seems like an easy decision to me, but if he decides to destroy his career then we can take the free cap space. A player suspended for no-showing camp gets taken off the books (as does a player who retires).

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Funny how people turn against player if he is feeling bad. It's on Army if he can't find trade for him.

Blaming player in this manner is absolutely painful to see. Also nothing how important he was/is in Blues.

Same goes with Pietro.

He could also keep his Agent from passing off information. This is the type of thing that should be happening behind closed doors. Not out in public. I feel the same way with Eichel thing going on. 1/2 the information going on should not be in the eyes of the public.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He could also keep his Agent from passing off information. This is the type of thing that should be happening behind closed doors. Not out in public. I feel the same way with Eichel thing going on. 1/2 the information going on should not be in the eyes of the public.
Well if team isn't handling situation correctly it's only way to push things to make it happens. This is Tarasenko's career. 2 times failed surgery's unacceptable.

Have you really go deep in to Eichel case? Buffalo has done it even worse vs Blues.

I really recommend listen this, open up things.

Why Eichel Wants a Disc Replacement | Podcasts - Sportsnet.ca

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I no longer think he’s getting moved. Nobody is taking on his 7.5 x 2 with his unknown shoulder and Army isn’t eating salary especially without a decent return.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

Blaming player in this manner is absolutely painful to see. Also note how important he was/is in Blues.

Same goes with Pietro.

He’s still under contract, so it’s also on Vlad and his agents to know that Army doesn’t HAVE to trade him at all, especially for a low ball offer and/or one involving big money coming back. And Army has proven, for better or worse, that he’s gonna stick to his guns.

Reactions: Itsnotatrap

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
He’s still under contract, so it’s also on Vlad and his agents to know that Army doesn’t HAVE to trade him at all, especially for a low ball offer and/or one involving big money coming back. And Army has proven, for better or worse, that he’s gonna stick to his guns.
Vlad and his agent totally screwed this up.
He better perform well this season and build his value

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How Blues has handle situation and clearly Vlad has asked earlier trade. Go in public was his last chance.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
With Tatar signed, I’m pretty sure the only guy left on the market that could possibly play in a top 6 is Marcus Johansson. So hopefully a Tarasenko trade happens soon.

Not sure where he goes though. Maybe New Jersey still.

I was always expecting the Islanders but if the rumors are true that they’ve signed Palmieri, Zajac, Parise and Cizikis, they don’t really need him.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Same goes with Pietro.

But the sentiment is on point.

I don’t see 91 ever being what he was again and him needing to be moved is a necessity for us and that locker room. That’s fair to all involved. The bigger problem is the teams medical staff and why they still have a job with the Note instead of being fired into the sun.

I don’t mean one person, I mean all of them. If I’m a player I absolutely don’t trust them and Army should remove any questions of distrust in the front office before anything else happens.

We’re spending to the Cap, protect what we’re paying for!

Reactions: Ranksu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad