Rumor: Tarasenko

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
That's where you're wrong as f*** kiddo.

If we needed to save cap hit (which I don't anticipate), I would be OK if we moved Sunny for a 2nd. We have been more than fine without him so far. And the bottom six has been the best we have had in a number of years, especially with the youngsters ready to stick for the long haul.

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Tarasenko will be traded at or before the trade deadline. I just hope we get lots of picks and not another mid level return.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I just assume trade him in the off-season when he's a 2-time Cup winner. Value will be through the roof.
Just need to put this roster over the top for the current season, somehow.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
tiktok video:sarcasm:

ezgif-7-275058daf551-2.gif

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I just assume trade him in the off-season when he's a 2-time Cup winner. Value will be through the roof.
Just need to put this roster over the top for the current season, somehow.
If we'd win The Cup, I'd imagine Tarasenko would change his mind about wanting to leave, and want to stay to go for a 3rd. In that case, he'd be "the face of the franchise", and Armstrong might try to keep him for a short re-signing, maybe 3 extra years. And Vladdy might just accept that to have a good chance at winning it again, rather than risk not being able to go to a similar winning team.

But, I don't think The Blues will actually win it all this season (although I think they will go reasonably far in the playoffs, which might be enough to get the 2 parties to agree on a "show me" shorter extension than Vladdy might want.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Nah, I would not call Sunqvist playing an irreplaceable role. Barbie has been doing very well in his absence, and we have recently moved on from the old Steen-Sunny-Barbie type of line.

Sunny is a very well rounded player, but his ilk of player is gradually being phased out in the NHL with players of higher end skills. At the end of the day, he is just an excellent grinder, think Sobotka 2.0
and yet, the 'sunny/steen/barby' line really gave the team a boost. that line was all over the place and played some really good hockeys

Suraj Sukumar

Dec 8, 2012
What do you have against Suraj?! He's the first guy that called Binnington, even if it was just dumb luck.
Never knew this existed and just wanted to thank you, Stupendous Yappi, for holding it down for me.

It wasn't dumb luck. Being Canadian, we were exposed to Allen a lot because of the WJC. I had the faith, but when all of your best friends are goaltenders, and you have a clear edge in a specific position, it tends to work in your favor.

The hardest part about tracking Blues' prospects at the time is there were a handful of similar guys, fighting for similar jobs, with inches of separation. Rattie had a lot of POTENTIAL, and that's how HF grading worked. How high is the player's potential and what is the probability of hitting it. FYI, I was not responsible for the grading, so there was an inherent need to try and match the grading system with the ranks.

I've actually enjoyed looking back on some of these given the fact that you "professional scouts" have been even more off than I was, which is part of the game in prospect analysis, regardless of the sport.

The way I see it, that Stanley Cup vs. my rankings of prospects was not that bad at all, and the average time for development is such a wide range. I took a huge break from hockey since it got boring with limited skill and now I'm just seeing all the guys I liked 5-6 years ago hit their prime.

I'm absolutely loving the passion from the keyboard warriors who believe they are Ms. Cleo when it comes to hockey prospects. Best of luck, y'all.

Hit a nice +900 on y'all to beat the Canadiens by 2 goals or more a few nights ago and all I could think was, this was for all the work I put in to know your team. ✌️

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Never knew this existed and just wanted to thank you, Stupendous Yappi, for holding it down for me.

It wasn't dumb luck. Being Canadian, we were exposed to Allen a lot because of the WJC. I had the faith, but when all of your best friends are goaltenders, and you have a clear edge in a specific position, it tends to work in your favor.

The hardest part about tracking Blues' prospects at the time is there were a handful of similar guys, fighting for similar jobs, with inches of separation. Rattie had a lot of POTENTIAL, and that's how HF grading worked. How high is the player's potential and what is the probability of hitting it. FYI, I was not responsible for the grading, so there was an inherent need to try and match the grading system with the ranks.

I've actually enjoyed looking back on some of these given the fact that you "professional scouts" have been even more off than I was, which is part of the game in prospect analysis, regardless of the sport.

The way I see it, that Stanley Cup vs. my rankings of prospects was not that bad at all, and the average time for development is such a wide range. I took a huge break from hockey since it got boring with limited skill and now I'm just seeing all the guys I liked 5-6 years ago hit their prime.

I'm absolutely loving the passion from the keyboard warriors who believe they are Ms. Cleo when it comes to hockey prospects. Best of luck, y'all.

Hit a nice +900 on y'all to beat the Canadiens by 2 goals or more a few nights ago and all I could think was, this was for all the work I put in to know your team. ✌️
Thanks for posting Suraj. Our forum is not as friendly lately as it usually is, probably a lot to do with the team being half a playoff caliber and half a tank caliber, and we don’t know which to expect or root for. But it’s always nice to share memories of the Cup run with folks who followed the team before that looked conceivable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad