Rumor: Tarasenko

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
What about an incentive laden trade? Blues get a 2nd rd pick. If Tarasenko scores 30+ it turns into a 1st.
Putting a condition on the trade is best for everyone. If Tank returns to form, Blues get paid accordingly. If he doesn't, Blues get paid for the potential that he might. I'd go 20 goals, 65 games played or his new team makes the Cup Finals.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Incarcerated Bob reporting that Army’s asking price is still high and that teams are starting to get impatient.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I think he is fine having the player report to camp before he gets rid of him in what he considers a poor deal.
Of course he is. DA won’t be bullied by a guy with a bum shoulder, a new agent and two years left on a contract.

For all we know, maybe Tank f***ed up his own rehab. Pure speculation on my part.

Other GMs can be impatient all they want. Too bad.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
What about an incentive laden trade? Blues get a 2nd rd pick. If Tarasenko scores 30+ it turns into a 1st.
I would probably shoot for a guaranteed player coming back (prospect would qualify here). Then tack on the incentivized picks.

But, yeah, I like the approach.

Reactions: Mike Liut

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm just curious which players he's zeroed in on that have made negotiations not progress much. In those Schenn/Boston talks during the 18/19 season, it was always Grzelcyk in packages. There could be truth to the Beauvillier piece. Doesn't mean we get him, but I doubt Army has simply moved on from his high ask.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Of course he is. DA won’t be bullied by a guy with a bum shoulder, a new agent and two years left on a contract.

For all we know, maybe Tank f***ed up his own rehab. Pure speculation on my part.

Other GMs can be impatient all they want. Too bad.

I know you say it pure speculation, but there is less than zero evidence of this. We at least have some evidence, Jr's shoddy reporting, that the doctor's messed up. There's always a chance its freak luck. It could be Tarasenkp's fault I guess, but we have evidence against that. The Blues themselves have praised Tarasenko for how well his rehab went at various times.

This is pure speculation on my part but it seems like you are just creating a narrative to protect the Blues' image in your own mind out of nothing. This is the kind of BS that fans do that I hate. "Oh shit, someone said something bad about my team. It can't be their fault. That would disrupt my fragile world view. Who can we blame, who can we blame....Got it. Its this disgruntled players fault. Can't be the teams. Must be his."

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Immediately after the fist day of training camp Vladimir Tarasenko holds a presser and makes the following statement:

I just have to focus on this season. I love this team. I love the fans and the opportunity to play in St. Louis. It’ll be in my 10th season. It’s really special. I don’t take that for granted. I’m not a victim here at all. I just want to reiterate that. I’ve been paid a ton of money by this organization. I’m so thankful to be a part of a Stanley Cup championship team. Not many guys have the opportunity to do that. I don’t feel like anything has been done to me. It’s a business. It’s an incredible opportunity to play this game. It’s a tough business too though, and this is part of it. So I totally get that point and that’s not lost on me. That’s why I’m just going to enjoy this season like I have in past, have the right perspective and continue to contribute to our team’s success as best as I can.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Immediately after the fist day of training camp Vladimir Tarasenko holds a presser and makes the following statement:

I just have to focus on this season. I love this team. I love the fans and the opportunity to play in St. Louis. It’ll be in my 10th season. It’s really special. I don’t take that for granted. I’m not a victim here at all. I just want to reiterate that. I’ve been paid a ton of money by this organization. I’m so thankful to be a part of a Stanley Cup championship team. Not many guys have the opportunity to do that. I don’t feel like anything has been done to me. It’s a business. It’s an incredible opportunity to play this game. It’s a tough business too though, and this is part of it. So I totally get that point and that’s not lost on me. That’s why I’m just going to enjoy this season like I have in past, have the right perspective and continue to contribute to our team’s success as best as I can.

Is this a sports themed fan fiction web site? I highly doubt that happens.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Is this a sports themed fan fiction web site?

i3I8VJS.png

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I know you say it pure speculation, but there is less than zero evidence of this. We at least have some evidence, Jr's shoddy reporting, that the doctor's messed up. There's always a chance its freak luck. It could be Tarasenkp's fault I guess, but we have evidence against that. The Blues themselves have praised Tarasenko for how well his rehab went at various times.

This is pure speculation on my part but it seems like you are just creating a narrative to protect the Blues' image in your own mind out of nothing. This is the kind of BS that fans do that I hate. "Oh shit, someone said something bad about my team. It can't be their fault. That would disrupt my fragile world view. Who can we blame, who can we blame....Got it. Its this disgruntled players fault. Can't be the teams. Must be his."
Thanks for voicing that potential narrative, but that’s not me.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

HaHaHa! I just read that out loud in my best Carl Spackler voice and it sounded great!

Should go over well.

Reactions: STL BLUES

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Teams getting impatient, to me, means that they really want Tarasenko, but think they can bully DA into giving him up for nothing. One of these teams will budge, and I don’t think it’ll be the Blues. But we’ll see.

this... so teams want Tarasenko for their top 6(at least) and their #1 PP, but don't want to give anything for him

Army's not a new GM.. surprising that other GM's think they can get a lot for nothing from him, risk aside

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
HaHaHa! I just read that out loud in my best Carl Spackler voice and it sounded great!

Should go over well.

Try using an Aaron Rodgers voice. I stole his quote from last weeks first presser after his first day at camp. People thought the Green Bay Packers management should trade Rodgers for a tin can full of used cleats. Management said ”no” you’ve got a contract see you at training camp”. This “I love my team and fans” is a possible pathway out for Tank.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Try using an Aaron Rodgers voice. I stole his quote from last weeks first presser after his first day at camp. People thought the Green Bay Packers management should trade Rodgers for a tin can full of used cleats. Management said ”no” you’ve got a contract see you at training camp”. This “I love my team and fans” is a possible pathway out for Tank.
Three shoulder surgeries and two years left on his contract. Suck it up, Tank!

Reactions: STL BLUES

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Per @TheFourthPeriod, the #NJDevils, Rangers, and Islanders are “in a battle” for Vladimir Tarasenko.
He adds that there “has been progress” on a trade.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If it’s the Islanders, I wonder if there would be interest in a Kamarov ($3M), Hickey ($2.5M @$1.5 buried) and Beauviller (RFA $2.5M?) for Tarasenko ($7.5M) and Alexandrov?

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Why on Earth would the Rangers be in on Tarasenko? I mean they have cap space for this year, but with how many high profile RFAs they have in the next two years, as well as Zibanejad, it just doesn't make any sense to take on a contract like Tarasenko without dumping more cap onto the Blues. They have interesting prospects that I would love to have, but I just don't see why the Rangers would take on significant cap after trading away Buchnevich for his potential cap raise.

As for New Jersey, I totally understand why they would want Tarasenko. The issue is that I'm not particularly interested in much they would reasonably offer. I don't care to upgrade the bottom-6 any and their defense doesn't have much of anything I'd want. I'm not even that interested in their prospects (again, what they would reasonably give up). Maybe Bratt or Sharangovich could be a basis but other than that, I'm not excited at what I'm seeing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad