WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Looks a bit odd this team. Is it tough enough on NA ice? Seems like a worse team than in the last couple of years even if it's still good. It will really be interesting to watch since there are quite a few new faces.

After Järnkrok, Lander and Landeskog there isn't really any offensive (junior) stars. Hopefully someone like a Fasth or Rakell (who looked lively in the camp game I saw) can step up.

How is this Friberg kid from Skövde? He's small at 179 cm, but 88 kg at that height is good. Does he play physical?

God, I hope OEL gets to go. That would make our D dynamite.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
There's alot of whining about Fredrik Styrman. Personaly I would choose Oscar Klefbom over Stryman, but I still don't think Styrman is a bad choice. He's been very good this season and he was pretty good last season.

What I like about our d-core is that all of them are regulars in their respective Elitserien teams, playing against seniors!

The only thing I don't like is that they left William Wallén out. He's a great talent and a goal scorer. A clutch player and even though he's pretty small he does play physical when needed. Also he's played 2 seasons in the OHL so he should be comfortable on the smaller ice.

Last edited:

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Why no Almquist? Bad camp?

From the reports I have read is that he has been quite invisible. He also have had some problems this season in HV without Janne Niinimaa to cover him, he is playing better now with Louma back but it kinda gives a feeling that he can't handle it without a big experienced partner by his side.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Took a shot at the lines. As i said, I think two thirds of every line is pretty much set with the guys listed as left wings in this particular text is more interchangable. Hard to predict the D but three parts of the top-four is set, anyhow. Really excited to see this possible first line.

Fasth-Järnkrok-Landeskog
Wännström-Lander-Cehlin
Larsson-Lindberg-Klingberg
Rakell-Sundström-Törnberg
(Friberg)

Erixon-Nemeth
Brodin-Larsson
Bertilsson-Klingberg
(Dahlbeck)

Lehner
(PW)

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
from Folkbladet.nu ... interview with A.Larsson.

Adam (Larsson) has been paired up with Lulea's Fredrik Styrman.
-The idea is that were going to play together in WJC too, but lets first see how it works in the pre-games over there. It feels good that Styrman has to accommodate to me. (*laugh*)

yepp, as I said starting D.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
from Folkbladet.nu ... interview with A.Larsson.

Adam (Larsson) has been paired up with Lulea's Fredrik Styrman.
-The idea is that were going to play together in WJC too, but lets first see how it works in the pre-games over there. It feels good that Styrman has to accommodate to me. (*laugh*)

yepp, as I said starting D.

Ronnberg sucks and now his bias strikes again. It's so overly obvious. Styrman shouldnt be on the squad and now Ronnberg pairs him with our best defenseman. In Sweden we have an expression for extremely exaggerated parenting of children, when parents do almost anything to prepare the settings in order to get their kid to succeed. We call these persons 'Curling Parents'. They take on the role of the sweepers in the sport of curling. This is what's going on here. It's so sad.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So did Johan Gustafsson make the team? I'm a little confused...

Yups, he's in as the 3rd goalie, but unlikely to see any action. Will join the team December 26th and be in North America.

As for Styrman, give the kid a chance. Maybe he has some amazing chemistry in a pairing and is very good in the locker room. Two exhibition games first, then we'll see.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Ronnberg sucks and now his bias strikes again. It's so overly obvious. Styrman shouldnt be on the squad and now Ronnberg pairs him with our best defenseman. In Sweden we have an expression for extremely exaggerated parenting of children, when parents do almost anything to prepare the settings in order to get their kid to succeed. We call these persons 'Curling Parents'. They take on the role of the sweepers in the sport of curling. This is what's going on here. It's so sad.
FYI, we have a similar expression in the US. We call them "helicopter parents," because they are always hovering around their children, no matter what they are doing, trying to keep them safe and successful.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Anton Lander said the American team is their toughest competition in this tournament and apparently some parts of the Canadian media have taken this as some kind of trash talk against Canada... :facepalm:

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=345857

When will Anton Lander give Canada respect?!

I don't see your point about how the Canadian media is perceiving what Lander said. All the story says is that Lander says the US should be the favorites, which they are. Many fans in Canada know that and understand that.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I don't see your point about how the Canadian media is perceiving what Lander said. All the story says is that Lander says the US should be the favorites, which they are. Many fans in Canada know that and understand that.

While I understand your point, its hard not to see where BobDobolina is coming from when TSN headline's the video "Trash Talk"...

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC

See the video on the right side titled "Talking Trash"

The line from Dreger about this being "Bulletin board stuff for sure for Team Canada."

Not that it matters at all but judging from the comments on the site a lot of people do seem to take exception to what he said. Talk about low self-esteem...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lander might have said that because, y'know, Sweden lost to USA last year, USA won the gold AND the tournament is played in USA this year!? Dreger is reaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad