John Klingberg - Patrik Nemeth
Simon Bertilsson - Adam Almqvist
Fredrik Styrman

Jesper Fasth - Calle Järnkrok - Gabbe Landeskog
John Norman - Anton Lander - Patrik Cehlin
Johan Larsson - Oscar Lindberg - Carl Klingberg
Jesper Thörnberg - Mika Zibanejad - Markus Sörensen
Rickard Rakell

IMO please no Wannstrom, Wallen, Rensfeldt!

No Wallén? I'm note sure you're serious... He's probobly the best offensive talent out there. He's strong on the puck, despite his size. His ability to find the net is very underrated. Can't say too much about Wännström and Rensfeldt, but I doubt Sörensen brings any aspect of the game that Rensfeldt doesn't.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
No Wallén? I'm note sure you're serious... He's probobly the best offensive talent out there. He's strong on the puck, despite his size. His ability to find the net is very underrated. Can't say too much about Wännström and Rensfeldt, but I doubt Sörensen brings any aspect of the game that Rensfeldt doesn't.

I have seen many leaving Wallén out of the team. Granted I haven't watched him a lot this fall but he was really good in the small ice tournament in USA this summer, top4 forward there with Josefson, Lander and Paajarvi imo, which would make him second best there out of current ones. So I'm a bit surprised by this too. He's smallish but works really hard and as you said and doesn't shy away from contact.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
You shouldnt really take this Brun0 guy seriously, he's Canadas answer to Lindros_for_rizzle.

Just looking at his post history it's quite clear he pimps every finnish player there is and has a serious hatred for anything connected to Sweden.

Cmon it's just hockey, people are too serious.

Teemu Pulkkinen has made 84 points in 43 games during his international career so far. Those are some serious digits that even the great one had a hard time matching.

Just sayin...all cool bro

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden

Teemu Pulkkinen has made 84 points in 43 games during his international career so far. Those are some serious digits that even the great one had a hard time matching.

Yeah, Pulkkinen - the best prospect since Gretzky. Why oh why doesnt the world understand me...

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Yeah, Pulkkinen - the best prospect since Gretzky. Why oh why doesnt the world understand me...

I dont think that i said that, but I do claim that Pulkkinen>Ironhook... some swede was claiming quite the opposite...

So in Sweden you are not allowed to disagree?:help:

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
I dont think that i said that, but I do claim that Pulkkinen>Ironhook... some swede was claiming quite the opposite...

So in Sweden you are not allowed to disagree?:help:

Well, how are we supposed to know that you, unlike the rest of the world, have your own "the great one", uh?

You can disagree how much you want. It's just hard to take anything you write serious when having read all previous "golden" contributions on this board.

Now, back to topic.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Well, how are we supposed to know that you, unlike the rest of the world, have your own "the great one", uh?

You can disagree how much you want. It's just hard to take anything you write serious when having read all previous "golden" contributions on this board.

Now, back to topic.

yeah never mind, such a mess anyway

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Yea well you can check the your self... By the great one i mean AO ofcourse..

AO is 6'2 233 pounds right now, there are 6'4 NHL defensemen that cannot match up with that. If you think Pulkinnen will become close to that size and offensive production you can begin to toss his name around with the 'great ones'

There are reasons he slid in the draft, that's all I'm saying. He may become a great NHLer....but NHL teams determined 3.5 different times they thought the opposite despite the prized offensive production you speak of.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
I've updated the scoreboard with the official stats of game 3. So here's the final stats of three internal games at the selection camp.

Forwards
Nordström 2+3
Fasth 2+2
Wännström 2+2
J.Larsson 0+4
Lindberg 3+0
Wallén 1+2
Lander 1+2
Sundström 0+3
Sörensen 1+1
Thorell 0+2
C.Klingberg 0+2
Thörnberg 1+0
Norman 1+0
Friberg 1+0
Järnkrok 1+0
Cehlin 1+0
Rensfeldt 0+1
Rakell 0+1
Everberg 0+1
Zibanejad 0+0

Defensemen
N.Andersson 3+1
Erixon 1+1
Klefbom 0+2
Almqvist 0+2
J.Klingberg 1+0
Bertilsson 0+1
Brodin 0+1
Styrman 0+0
A.Larsson 0+0
Claesson 0+0
Dahlbeck 0+0
Nemeth 0+0

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The biggest surprise has tobe NORDSTROM's (CHI draftee)offensive numbers from the 3 day set of games ..no points in Game 1 but 2g+3a overthe last 2 days...he was never a big scorer (so far) in Jrs ...Meanwhile I had expected the Blackhawks higher drafted LUDVIG RENSFELDT to put up beter than the 1 assist he got...he's beenat or near the top of the J-20Super Elit South in scoring...

STILL one must consider these inter-squad gams are on big ice--in Buffalo at the WJHC it willbe on the smaller rink..They might need Rensfeldt's big body LW...

STILL if NORDSTROM (acentre) can do this whenhis role islikely a 4th line defensive centre ifhemakes the final cut -then Sweden is going tobe deep at centre at the WJHC..

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Hawksfan> Yeah, good numbers by Nordstrom. I'd say that Nils Anderssons numbers are equally impressive. Andersson is an undrafted defenseman who almost everyone naming their squad are keeping outside the team. Being best scoring dman definately takes him closer to the final squad.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009

Numbers rarely tells to whole story bro. You're allowed to disagree, but when you're trying to prove someone wrong you'll need better proof than some numbers

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Tre Kronor is the nickname for the senior national team. It's not used for the U20 team which instead go by the nickname Småkronorna, i.e. 'The small crowns'.

Ah, I see. Danke...

Regarding Wannstrom, the final selection hasnt been made yet. He has good chances of making it though.

Und nur danke... I see that he hasn't been exactly tearing up the scoring charts in the Elitserien, but I guess that's to be expected from a 19-year-old playing his first season at that level.

I believe the Blues drafted him as more of a two-way guy, a prototypical third-liner, as opposed to a pure scorer, so if that's the case, that role seems to fit him.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
They played their last internal game(i think) today...

1st period
1-0 John Norman (Dennis Everberg)
1-1 Sebastian Wännström (Johan Larsson)
1-2 Sebastian Wännström (William Wallén, Adam Almquist)
1-3 Tim Erixon (Jesper Fasth, Johan Larsson)
1-4 Joakim Nordström (Patrik Nemeth, Sebastian Wännström)

2nd period
2-4 Nils Andersson (Johan Sundström, Joakim Nordström)
3-4 Oscar Lindberg (Jonas Brodin, Carl Klingberg)

3rd period
4-4 Oscar Lindberg (Carl Klingerg)
5-4 Patrick Cehlin
5-5 Nils Andersson (Joakim Nordström)

OT
5-6 Calle Järnkrok

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
They played their last internal game(i think) today...

1st period
1-0 John Norman (Dennis Everberg)
1-1 Sebastian Wännström (Johan Larsson)
1-2 Sebastian Wännström (William Wallén, Adam Almquist)
1-3 Tim Erixon (Jesper Fasth, Johan Larsson)
1-4 Joakim Nordström (Patrik Nemeth, Sebastian Wännström)

2nd period
2-4 Nils Andersson (Johan Sundström, Joakim Nordström)
3-4 Oscar Lindberg (Jonas Brodin, Carl Klingberg)

3rd period
4-4 Oscar Lindberg (Carl Klingerg)
5-4 Patrick Cehlin
5-5 Nils Andersson (Joakim Nordström)

OT
5-6 Calle Järnkrok

Dissapointing that Sorenson did not register a point. I assume he took part of the internal scrimmage?

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
That scoresheet is messed up!?
1-0 can't be an assist on when norman breaks a D -> D pass and gets a breakaway.
Johan Larsson scored 1-1 on a shot threw gustavssons arm and straight into net. Not a chance in hell i.e that Nils Andersson scored the 2-4 goal.. Some left D(prob. Styrman thats what the commentators said.) came from the bench and one-timed it straight up the roof, while Larsson was playing other D. and made the pass that an apponent deflected up to the blueline where (Styrman) came and one-timed it.

3-4 Klingberg in front of goal tapping it down in net from a shot from Claesson who got the pass from Lindberg who was by the boards. NOT CORRECT!:shakehead

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Huh, I wonder why Sorensen didn't play? You'd figure they'd want to get a longer look at him more so than pretty much anyone else. I mean, if they don't think he's gonna make it why not give him one last chance over a lock, and I'm pretty sure he's not a lock to make it himself (which would be a reason to sit someone for the last scrimmage). Unless he injured himself during camp...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Huh, I wonder why Sorensen didn't play? You'd figure they'd want to get a longer look at him more so than pretty much anyone else. I mean, if they don't think he's gonna make it why not give him one last chance over a lock, and I'm pretty sure he's not a lock to make it himself (which would be a reason to sit someone for the last scrimmage). Unless he injured himself during camp...

Probably deemed no chance to make it, that's what I think, and the logical explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad