WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
From this article it appears as if the the squad will be nominated today. Im not sure if they will announce the whole squad today, but at least some players will get their go/no-go response from the team management. Nils Andersson has already this morning been informed that he has been left out of the squad despite a really good camp effort.

http://www.folkbladet.nu/214818/2010/12/16/andersson-drom-om-junior-vm-ar-over

Merla

Nov 1, 2007
From this article it appears as if the the squad will be nominated today. Im not sure if they will announce the whole squad today, but at least some players will get their go/no-go response from the team management. Nils Andersson has already this morning been informed that he has been left out of the squad despite a really good camp effort.

http://www.folkbladet.nu/214818/2010/12/16/andersson-drom-om-junior-vm-ar-over

That's kind of surprising seeing as Nils had a great camp, definitely one of the better defensemen in the scrimmage.

JetLi

Apr 19, 2004
Sweden
Final squad!

1. Fredrik Petterson Wentzel
30. Robin Lehner

BACKAR
2. Fredrik Styrman
4. Tim Erixon
5. Adam Larsson
8. Klas Dahlbeck
9. John Klingberg
12. Patrik Nemeth
15. Simon Bertilsson
25. Jonas Brodin

FORWARDS
10. Johan Larsson
13. Johan Sundström
14. Max Friberg
16. Anton Lander
17. Carl Klingberg
18. Jesper Fast
19. Calle Järnkrok
20. Sebastian Wännström
22. Gabriel Landeskog
24. Oscar Lindberg
27. Rickard Rakell
28. Jesper Törnberg
29. Patrick Cehlin

Last edited:

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Final squad!

1. Fredrik Petterson Wentzel
30. Robin Lehner

BACKAR
2. Fredrik Styrman
4. Tim Erixon
5. Adam Larsson
8. Klas Dahlbeck
9. John Klingberg
12. Patrik Nemeth
15. Simon Bertilsson
25. Jonas Brodin

FORWARDS
10. Johan Larsson
13. Johan Sundström
14. Max Friberg
16. Anton Lander
17. Carl Klingberg
18. Jesper Fast
19. Calle Järnkrok
20. Sebastian Wännström
22. Gabriel Landeskog
24. Oscar Lindberg
27. Rickard Rakell
28. Jesper Törnberg
29. Patrick Cehlin

Best scoring D and forward at the internal games are cut. Of course scoring points isnt everything, but makes you wonder why they have this camp.

Thörnberg & Styrman in the squad. That's just so appalling selections I want to throw up. I've felt this since Ronnberg got appointed leader of the juniors: He will screw this up.

Merla

Nov 1, 2007
Best scoring D and forward at the internal games are cut. Of course scoring points isnt everything, but makes you wonder why they have this camp.

Thörnberg & Styrman in the squad. That's just so appalling selections I want to throw up. I've felt this since Ronnberg got appointed leader of the juniors: He will screw this up.

I totally agree. I was like "wtf? seriously?" when I read the names for the final squad. I'm especially missing Nordstrom who, to me, was a lock to center the 4th line. Hope Ronnberg proves me wrong, but I'm really skeptic about this team.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
http://www.swehockey.se/Startsidesnyheter/2010/December-2010/JuniorkronornaTeam-20s-stortrupp-uttagen1/

http://www.swehockey.se/ImageVault/Images/id_11305/scope_0/ImageVaultHandler.aspx

The roster posted above missed goalie Johan Gustafsson.

A few surprises to me:
- Rensfeldt and Almqvist being left off (despite reports about a weak camp)
- Six players that will be in their first year of draft eligibility in 2011 - while Larsson and Landeskog aren't surprises, the others are: Brodin (no relation to Daniel) and Rakell are both born in 1993. Sundström and Friberg are both 1992-born, and Friberg has been playing in Swedish 3rd Tier hockey (and going at over a PPG pace so far).
- Thörnberg not initially getting an invite and making the team, despite his small stature (5' 9").

Notes about Lehner and Landeskog joining the team are in the first link I posted, and I'll reiterate that the final word on OEL might not come before Saturday.

My shot at a roster (leaving out OEL for now):

Fasth - Järnkrok - Landeskog
Cehlin (or Rakell?) - Lander - Klingberg
Larsson - Lindberg - Wännström
Friberg - Sundström - Rakell
Thörnberg

Erixon - Larsson
Dahlbeck (?) - Nemeth
Bertilsson - Klingberg
Brodin

Lehner
Gustafsson (?)
Petterson-Wentzel

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lineup IMO

Cehlin - Lander - Klingberg
Wännström - Lindberg - Larsson
Rakell - Friberg - Törnberg

Larsson - Erixon
Nemeth - Klingberg
Bertilsson - Brodin

Last edited:

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
I dont know. Feels like this team lacks of depth. Wont be enough to win it.

Nice to see Dahlbeck making the team. He's been great in Linkoping.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
Thörnberg and Styrman make no sense whatsoever. Even if I'm biased I just can't see how someone can choose Thörnberg over Rensfeldt. I think we've had fairly good teams in the last two years, but seriously, this team have no chance whatsoever to win a gold medal. I'm sure the players and staff will claim they have a great chance etc but it's not even realistic. This team is probably closer to Finland than Canada/USA.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Note that that roster has 10 defencemen, no way Styrman makes it to any sort of of game with importance. Our defensive depth is the best part of the team.

I'm looking forward to get a chance to see Rakell play.

We have two exhibition games against Canada 21/12(Svt Play) and Switzerland 23/12.

JetLi

Apr 19, 2004
Sweden
Note that that roster has 10 defencemen, no way Styrman makes it to any sort of of game with importance. Our defensive depth is the best part of the team.

I'm looking forward to get a chance to see Rakell play.

We have two exhibition games against Canada 21/12(Svt Play) and Switzerland 23/12.

When talking about Styrman you have to understand that Roger Rönnberg and Lulea still are the same.....

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
I agree with the rest of you about Styrman and Thörnberg, even though I can see Thörnberg contribute in some extent to this team. I sure hope Styrman will be cut if OEL joins in NA.

Anyway, like someone mentioned, Dahlbeck has been playing terrific in Linköping and, apparently, did so in the camp also. A well deserved spot in my mind and probably one of top four D's in JWC (maybe not if OEL joins)?

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Lineup IMO

Cehlin - Lander - Klingberg
Wännström - Lindberg - Larsson
Rakell - Sundström - Törnberg (hate this line)

Larsson - Erixon
Nemeth - Klingberg
Bertilsson - Brodin

Lindberg & Klingberg has played in the same line in all the recent tournaments and they also did so in the camp internal games. I find it very unlikely that Ronnberg will split those two.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Styrman is underrated, he has been good for LHF this season and by account also with the U20.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Lindberg & Klingberg has played in the same line in all the recent tournaments and they also did so in the camp internal games. I find it very unlikely that Ronnberg will split those two.

I think Lander-Cehlin, Landeskog-Järnkrok, Lindberg-Klingberg and Sundström-Törnberg will be the main foundatin of the four lines and the others tested out where they fit best.

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
Styrman is a midget :sarcasm:;)
No, but I don't see what function he would fill. And mark my words he will be a top 6 D in the tourne. Rönnberg <3 Styrman.
Don't think Thörnberg is that bad but don't see him fit anywhere either. Too small for a checking-line, to non-skilled for a leading line.

Do-over, Do right!

Sundström Out -> Nordström In
Thörnberg Out -> Norman In , though to small too, but better. Were there even any checkingforwards on the camp?
Styrman Out -> Klefbom In. Going to be top 3 D next year. Why don't have him as #8 D this year?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So you guys have a high opinion of Fasth then eh?

What sort of player do you think he is/might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad