WJC: Sweden announces WJC roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovethelight

Jun 3, 2008
Sweden
I don't really expect any big surprises. I think who is going to make the team is fairly easy to guess at this point.

I don't think it's so easy. 2nd goalie is pretty much between two goalies; Anders Nilsson and Robin Lehner. Personally, I would like to have Robin Lehner for the simple reason that he's used to the small rinks already and if thrown in into a game against Canada I would rather have someone used to the rinks as a second goalie. :)

Lock: Jacob Markström

Then it's the 6-7th d-men with Ekholm, Urbom, Bertilsson, Peter Andersson (and I might have forgotten someone here...)

Locks(imo): Adam Larsson, Tim Erixon, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, David Rundblad, Erik Karlsson.

Locks on forwards: MPS, Tedenby, Josefson, Marcus Johansson, Anton Lander, Marcus Krüger, André Pettersson, (and I feel like I've missed someone here but I can't think of who...)

Then there's the question on whether Gabriel Landeskog, William Wallén, Anton Rödin, Anton Gustafsson, Jacob Silferberg, Carl Klingberg, Henrik Björklund etc will make the team.

I could definitely see Gabriel playing on a third/fourth line. He would do the work that needs to be done while being an offensive threat.

tyler_sens

May 26, 2007
When the U20 Swedish team played Carleton University, the Ottawa Citizen interviewed Andre Petersson, Jakob Silfverberg and Par Marts and Par Marts said that Andre and Jakob are both locks for the WJC and if Karlsson is available he will be on the team as well.

He also stated that he was going to hangout in Ontario (Sault Ste. Marie) to watch Lehner and decide whether he will get an invite to the World Juniors selection camp, and I guess he was impressed because he did get an invite. Robin was also CHL goaltender of the week after he went 3-0 .974 save percentange and 2 shutouts.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Pääjärvi - Johansson - Klingberg
Tedenby - Krüger - Petersson
Wallén - Josefson - Fällström
Lander - Gustafsson - Björklund

Karlsson - Ekman-Larsson
Larsson - Erixon
Rundblad - Andersson
Urbom

Markström
Nilsson
Idoff/Lehner

Not really a representation of what lines I'd like to see, just which players. Wallén and Rödin are interchangeable, I prefer Wallén but I think it will be Rödin. Pure stupidity if Anton Gustafsson is not on the roster, he's been playing great since coming back from his concussion. Rundblad is hanging lose IMO, Kilström could be a better option. Still hoping for Hedman, Tampa is better off having him captain Sweden to gain experience for the future then they are having him on their team for a few regular season games.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Something i quickly threw together;

Pääjärvi-Johansson-Klingberg
Tedenby-Krüger-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Josefson
Cehlin-Gustafsson-Landeskog

Karlsson-Ekman Larsson
Erixon-Larsson
Rundblad-Urbom

Markström
Lehner

Last edited:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Checking-line:

Landeskog - Gustavsson - Klingberg
17131homer_drool.gif

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Something i quickly threw together;

Pääjärvi-Johansson-Klingberg
Tedenby-Krüger-Petersson
Rödin-Lander-Josefson
Cehlin-Lindström-Landeskog

Karlsson-Ekman Larsson
Erixon-Larsson
Rundblad-Urbom

Markström
Lehner

I seriously doubt Lindström will be on the roster since he hasn't played at all so far this season.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'd be surprised if Bertilsson doesn't make the team. After all, he and Ekman Larsson have proven chemistry together. However, I also understand that Sweden will ice the best team available. Could make for fun to watch.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I'd be surprised if Bertilsson doesn't make the team. After all, he and Ekman Larsson have proven chemistry together. However, I also understand that Sweden will ice the best team available. Could make for fun to watch.
Karlsson, Ekman Larsson, Erixon, Larsson and Rundblad are locks. Urbom already being on the A team, playing on small ice and dominating the WHL...I can't see him being left of the team.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
GK Locks: Markstrom
GK2 Candidates: Lehner, Nilsson

D Locks: Karlssson, Erixon, Larsson, Ekman-Larsson, Rundblad, Ekholm
D Candidates for 7th D spot: Urbom, Bertilsson, E.Larsson, P.Andersson, Kilstrom, Tommernes. I'd rank Urbom first of those.

F Locks: Paajarvi, Klingberg, Tedenby, Petersson, Josefsson, Kruger, Lander, Johansson, Silfverberg
F Candidates, spots 10th-13th: Wallén, Fällström, Gustafsson, H. Björklund, O.Lindberg, M.Lundberg, Cehlin, Rodin, H.Eriksson, Sandström.

I don't think Landeskog is even close to make the top 13 forwards. Great prospect though.

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
When the U20 Swedish team played Carleton University, the Ottawa Citizen interviewed Andre Petersson, Jakob Silfverberg and Par Marts and Par Marts said that Andre and Jakob are both locks for the WJC and if Karlsson is available he will be on the team as well.

He also stated that he was going to hangout in Ontario (Sault Ste. Marie) to watch Lehner and decide whether he will get an invite to the World Juniors selection camp, and I guess he was impressed because he did get an invite. Robin was also CHL goaltender of the week after he went 3-0 .974 save percentange and 2 shutouts.

Do you happen to have a link for those intwerviews? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille