Injury Report: Svechnikov: Concussion Protocol

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Did anyone here Adam Gold interview with Rod this afternoon.
Brindy is always awesome but interesting comments on fight.
Adam pharaphrased about Svech asking for it and Rod”s response puts whole thing in a different light you can hear how upset he is.
It’s at end of best of package at about 6:10 left mark link below the counting down thing screws with me never good at math
Best of Adam and Joe (April 16th, 2019) :: WRALSportsFan.com

Quotes for us at work?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Quotes for us at work?

I listened to it yesterday. The gist of it was that Rod said that after talking to Svech, he said Ovi's account of "Svech asking to fight" was wrong. He said he's pissed because once Ovi dropped his gloves, Svech felt like he had to fight, when he didn't. He was basically putting the onus on Ovi for starting it and pretty much putting Svech in a spot where he felt like he couldn't say no.

He didn't deny or imply that Svech wasn't a willing participant, just commenting on the situation leading up to it.

The funnies thing was at the end of the interview, Gold asked Rod about Rod fighting Barnaby after Rod scored a goal. Rod was clearly agitated. He said "It wasn't a fight. He jumped me after I scored a goal. I'm still pissed about that. He jumped me and now he's on TV telling people he beat me in a fight. I'm still pissed about that."

Rod's so damn competitive he can't let it go. :laugh:

stevewin

Oct 21, 2016
I listened to it yesterday. The gist of it was that Rod said that after talking to Svech, he said Ovi's account of "Svech asking to fight" was wrong. He said he's pissed because once Ovi dropped his gloves, Svech felt like he had to fight, when he didn't. He was basically putting the onus on Ovi for starting it and pretty much putting Svech in a spot where he felt like he couldn't say no.

He didn't deny or imply that Svech wasn't a willing participant, just commenting on the situation leading up to it.

The funnies thing was at the end of the interview, Gold asked Rod about Rod fighting Barnaby after Rod scored a goal. Rod was clearly agitated. He said "It wasn't a fight. He jumped me after I scored a goal. I'm still pissed about that. He jumped me and now he's on TV telling people he beat me in a fight. I'm still pissed about that."

Rod's so damn competitive he can't let it go. :laugh:
I caught some shows on Sirius NHL Radio yesterday, and to a man they were pushing the narrative "The kid was the one who asked to fight and got what he deserved". Some were even saying Svetch was "going after Ovi" the whole series. Don't usually listen to any of the shows so honestly don't even know who the guys are and if they are just clowns - but it was interesting they all just threw that Svetch was the instigator out here as facts. Actually Barnaby was one of the guys on one of the shows.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I caught some shows on Sirius NHL Radio yesterday, and to a man they were pushing the narrative "The kid was the one who asked to fight and got what he deserved". Some were even saying Svetch was "going after Ovi" the whole series. Don't usually listen to any of the shows so honestly don't even know who the guys are and if they are just clowns - but it was interesting they all just threw that Svetch was the instigator out here as facts. Actually Barnaby was one of the guys on one of the shows.

Man it's annoying how many of the talking heads are going with the scenario that Svetch is "Going after Ovi" and ignoring/missing that Ovi and company have been after him from puck drop in Game 1.

And on top of that Holtby's nonsense of calling Svetch dirty when his teammates are Ovetckin, Wilson and Orpik. Faulk needs to nail him right between the eyes with a shot Thursday. After he puts one top shelf on him.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Edit trying again lol

Hope he’s alright regardless of when he comes back, not worth risking his health for one playoff series in his first year.

As for Ovi’s hand, the man has played two postseasons on a fractured foot and still ran around, I think he’d be fine. I hope

Hand injuries tend to be more impactful than foot injuries, if I'm not mistaken. The latter of which being mostly pain, the former being more impactful from a functional standpoint.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
youngblood_frame02.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If you watch the video at the 1:40 mark it looks like Ovi says "you want to fight" or "you want to go" and Svech nods: . There is no doubt that Svech was a willing participant in the fight, but if the debate is about who challenged who - I think that's an open question.

I would have thought they would have been speaking in Russian.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
If you watch the video at the 1:40 mark it looks like Ovi says "you want to fight" or "you want to go" and Svech nods: . There is no doubt that Svech was a willing participant in the fight, but if the debate is about who challenged who - I think that's an open question.

I would have thought they would have been speaking in Russian.

Exactly. Any "proof" that illustrates anything spoken in English is probably off-base.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
ahhhhh stupid ad blocker! what does it sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol

DeHann's cleared to play, Ferland's " a ways away" and Svech is obviously out, but Foegle drove Svech to the arena this morning and he was "in good spirits."

It's sounding like this concussion isn't one of the bad ones, relatively speaking. Based off RBA's update and today's news.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Are we really trying to continue with this "Ferland is a wuss" narrative? The dude is seriously messed up. Sounds like back issues from earlier reports. That guy is not taking it easy because his ego is hurt or its a little bump. f***ing ridiculous to speculate some bullshit like that.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
The point is it looks like Ovi asks him a question, Svech nods, and the gloves come off.

I think this is what happened; Ovi asked and Svech nodded yes but was expecting some more lead up into it but instead Ovi instantly jumped him. Agreeing to it or not but Svech looked genuinely surprised and didn't even get his gloves off until Ovi had him wrapped up.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
@Anton Dubinchuk You need to change your username to Sensei Lewis :laugh:

Though imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and I respect Sensei Lewis very much, I am no wolf in sheep’s clothing.

EDIT: I got confused what thread this was in, sorry, thought I was on the main boards. I am fond of this username having had it for a long time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad