Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LIII - BEAT LA!!!!!!!! - Welcome to Canton, Ohio TY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
the NFL has events Tuesday do they not, besides that isn't New England getting hit by Jayden as well? they already have watches up here for the same timeframe

Who cares about the weather for Super Bowl week events? Is there something about player interviews or the nattering nincompoops on radio row that will be affected by a snow storm? Even at the worst, if there are outdoor events that have to be cancelled or postponed, it would have less than zero effect on the actual game.

Also, what is your obsession with the weather in New England for an event in Atlanta/KC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
do you really think that isn't Belichick's game plan?

Since they moved the touchback line up Belichick has gone to kicking returnable kicks because more often than not your coverage will stop them short of the touchback line

That's BB's thinking ( Most likely). And he probably wants the opportunity to recover a potential fumble on the return (See Chargers). But...there has been more instances where the kickoff coverage team is allowing long returns. Imo it's too risky to play with fire against the Rams. All it takes is a return to their own 40 yard line, and they aren't far off from fg range.

But I know why he's doing it. It's just a matter of risk and reward.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
While the Butler/Belichick **** got all the coverage last year, I'd argue that the #2 person to blame for the Superbowl loss last year was Cooks. Idiot was completely overwhelmed by the moment. His leap cost us 7 points, if he just ran to the corner he's in (IIRC I think we went for it on 4th and goal and didn't score that drive after it). Then a series or two later he runs around like a chicken with its head cut off and gets decapitated.

I don't regret trading him.

That was such a costly play. And him being out of the game didn't exactly hurt the offense. He draws alot of PI penalties. And he is a deep threat. But he's soft as tissue. He can be had.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Im more mad about Cooks than Butler. If the idiot did a spin or even just use his speed toward the sideline we could have had 7. Then the moron decides hey I will try and stretch out this catch as much as possible and gets concussed and out.

With no Edelman or Cooks, Brady had limited weapons.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If they get 7 there, it's a whole different ball game. I know Brady put up 500 yards. But I just never had that feeling that they'd pull it out. Even when they were driving to take the lead with under two minutes left. I kept saying "You cannot score too quickly". I think Philly would've marched down the field even if the Pats take the lead. The defense was that bad

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Let's be honest, considering he had no Edelman, Cooks died in the second quarter, and Gronk was barely healthy, the fact that Brady put up the line he did in the Superbowl last year was heroic.

It was, without exaggeration, the greatest single performance in Superbowl history. And all the history books will remember is a strip sack and Nick Foles getting MVP because the defense couldn't make one stop.

Reactions: rfournier103

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Let's be honest, considering he had no Edelman, Cooks died in the second quarter, and Gronk was barely healthy, the fact that Brady put up the line he did in the Superbowl last year was heroic.

It was, without exaggeration, the greatest single performance in Superbowl history. And all the history books will remember is a strip sack and Nick Foles getting MVP because the defense couldn't make one stop.

It’s crazy how healthy they are this year

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Yeah I mean I want to say Edelman was missed. But it's tough to say that when the offense put up 500 yards and 33 points. Usually 500 yards wins the ball game.

I do wonder how much difference Hightower would've made. I think his absence was just as big as Butler's. And they had Jordan Richards & Bademosi taking meaningful snaps. They were horrific. Eric Rowe was injured. I do think Hightower being in the lineup is a huge boost (Compared to last season). And Jackson has been an improvement on Rowe.

I hate to say it. But Belichick was outcoached last year. And alot of it was self inflicted. Why he continued to trot out the likes of Bademose & Richards is something I'll never get. Three years prior he benched Arrington, and inserted Butler. Helped win them a SB. He absolutely cannot be as stubborn this time around. I don't anticipate he will be either.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
IDK how to feel about this match up. I am not religious but when it comes to Patriots and Bruins I believe in the sports gods. I have no answers when people ask me who will win the SB.

But the Pats are healthier this year than last. IDK............

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Would be curious to find out if two teams from one city have ever defeated two teams from another city within a calendar year of one another.
I was going to say 1980: Lakers over 76ers and Raiders over Eagles, but turns out the Raiders were still in Oakland then.

No one's ever done it. Just looked it up.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Christ, that one is double stupid.

1. you dont give them any bulletin board material at all

2. you especially dont make it about what has clearly been one of the biggest motivators for Brady this year.

3. Tom will be in the league when he’s at the age of the ref that bailed your scrub ass out against the Saints, while you’ll be lucky to make it another two years as a substitute guy. :sarcasm:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Unsure how I'd feel about him retiring. A whole lot of leadership would be out the door. But the Patriots would have more cap room. I think McCourty is a tad overpaid.
I'm sad as hell that he could be done after this.

I was expecting maybe Marcus Cannon and Gronk but not Devin.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Reactions: sarge88

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Deion Sanders: "Give Belichick two weeks to prepare, and nobody will outcoach him". Um...we just saw Belichick get outcoached by Pederson. This theory that Belichick is a genius with two weeks to prepare has been proven false before (See SB 42 & SB 52). Obviously still one of the best to ever coach though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00