Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LIII - BEAT LA!!!!!!!! - Welcome to Canton, Ohio TY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@TP. I’m scared shitless.

Being a Patriots fan is hard on the body and mind (and there is actual science on this) - The Boston Globe

The patient spent the entire session in psychologist Kimberly Lannon’s office pacing. “There was a lot of heavy breathing and sighing,” she said. “He told me he wasn’t eating, and he was sleeping poorly.”
The problem? Why, the Patriots of course. They’re in another Super Bowl, and the patient is tensing for another heart-in-throat, down-to-the-wire ending.
Despite what the rest of the nation may think — what with our regular appearances in the Super Bowl, the five rings, the dynasty and all — being a Patriots fan is hard on the body and mind (there is actual science on this). And not only that, but Pats fans have it harder than fans of other NFL teams (there is no actual science on this).

Is it any wonder the words “heart attack” appeared in so many tweets fans posted during and after the wild ending?

Putting aside the myocardial infarction humor, stressful games really can take a physical toll on fans, said James Udelson, chief of cardiology at Tufts Medical Center.
“The risk of having a heart attack triggered by an important sporting event is well documented,” he said.

And remember, said Lannon, the psychologist, yelling at the screen will not help the team.
She advises stressed fans to walk away from the TV for 30 seconds — yes, during the game.
“It breaks the neurological cycle,” Lannon said. “It resets the situation.”

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
@TP. I’m scared ****less.

Being a Patriots fan is hard on the body and mind (and there is actual science on this) - The Boston Globe

The patient spent the entire session in psychologist Kimberly Lannon’s office pacing. “There was a lot of heavy breathing and sighing,” she said. “He told me he wasn’t eating, and he was sleeping poorly.”
The problem? Why, the Patriots of course. They’re in another Super Bowl, and the patient is tensing for another heart-in-throat, down-to-the-wire ending.
Despite what the rest of the nation may think — what with our regular appearances in the Super Bowl, the five rings, the dynasty and all — being a Patriots fan is hard on the body and mind (there is actual science on this). And not only that, but Pats fans have it harder than fans of other NFL teams (there is no actual science on this).

Is it any wonder the words “heart attack” appeared in so many tweets fans posted during and after the wild ending?

Putting aside the myocardial infarction humor, stressful games really can take a physical toll on fans, said James Udelson, chief of cardiology at Tufts Medical Center.
“The risk of having a heart attack triggered by an important sporting event is well documented,” he said.

And remember, said Lannon, the psychologist, yelling at the screen will not help the team.
She advises stressed fans to walk away from the TV for 30 seconds — yes, during the game.
Me three.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
@TP. I’m scared ****less.

Great post.

I’m definitely a believer in the link between Patriots football and cardiac stress.

Bob Kraft needs to get on the horn and start calling up local New England cardiac clinics because the sponsorship could be worth millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad