Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LIII - BEAT LA!!!!!!!! - Welcome to Canton, Ohio TY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
kf2chgosnpi03gfmlmlt.jpg

Michael Telek is a 27-year-old news producer who, until yesterday, worked for the CBS affiliate KDKA in Pittsburgh. He was fired after a Super Bowl news segment used a chyron that labeled Tom Brady as a “known cheater.” As was obvious to pretty much everyone, the graphic was a joke—and not inaccurate—but Telek was fired anyway.

https://deadspin.com/an-interview-with-the-local-tv-producer-fired-for-a-gra-1832202041

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
kf2chgosnpi03gfmlmlt.jpg

Michael Telek is a 27-year-old news producer who, until yesterday, worked for the CBS affiliate KDKA in Pittsburgh. He was fired after a Super Bowl news segment used a chyron that labeled Tom Brady as a “known cheater.” As was obvious to pretty much everyone, the graphic was a joke—and not inaccurate—but Telek was fired anyway.

https://deadspin.com/an-interview-with-the-local-tv-producer-fired-for-a-gra-1832202041

”Ben Roethlisberger
Known ******”

(More evidence to the latter, in fairness)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
kf2chgosnpi03gfmlmlt.jpg

Why would he get fired for speaking the truth by definition?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not sure how, he was suspended for his "role in deflategate" … which I agree was a witch hunt and ridiculous, but it was still considered "cheating" which again is stupid.
Slander.

Outside of a suspension based on a "more probable than not" ruling in a league funded investigation where the courts only ruling is that, yes, Goodell had the authority under the CBA to suspend anyone for anything? Was Brady ever proven a cheater.

The law is based on technicalities unlike sports discipline.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Slander.

Outside of a suspension based on a "more probable than not" ruling in a league funded investigation where the courts only ruling is that, yes, Goodell had the authority under the CBA to suspend anyone for anything? Was Brady ever proven a cheater.

The law is based on technicalities unlike sports discipline.

Ok that's a good point and explained well, thank you.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Winnipeg Jets fan coming in peace.

Hockey aside, our entire family have been huge Patriots fans for about a decade. My kids, my father-in-law, my spouse, everyone. All the best luck to the Pats in the Super Bowl and best wishes to Pats fans in Boston. I have a good feeling about this game, despite all the chatter of the "genius" of Sean McVay, the great D of the Rams, blah blah, etc.

The Patriots O-line looks better than it has in years.

I sincerely hope Brady and Belichick et al win this one without any fuss (hopefully no massive comebacks or 4th quarter showdowns required, please), and cement their legacy in the HOF. :thumbu:

GO PATRIOTS!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
kf2chgosnpi03gfmlmlt.jpg

I love that Steeler fans are so bitter that this happened.

A juvenile stunt? Yes.

Funny as hell? Sure.

Hilarious that the guy lost his job? Absolutely.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
kf2chgosnpi03gfmlmlt.jpg

I refuse to take seriously anyone who trots out the unjustified suspension of Brady, and who clearly doesn't care to understand the Ideal Gas Law.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I love that Steeler fans are so bitter that this happened.

A juvenile stunt? Yes.

Funny as hell? Sure.

Hilarious that the guy lost his job? Absolutely.

I hate that the guy got fired, personally. Just like
I hated that the dude from around here a few years ago that took a picture with Goodell while flipping him off with his unseen hand ended up getting fired for that. I get that it's immature and silly to do this kind of stuff, but it's really not something that should cost you your career. I feel the same way about radio hosts and comedians getting fired for saying stupid stuff.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Knowing the culture of CBS locally owned stations KDKA most likely would have let him stay but a suit in New York wanted blood.

BTW CBS has the Super Bowl this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad