Patriots/NFL Super Bowl LIII - BEAT LA!!!!!!!! - Welcome to Canton, Ohio TY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Knowing the culture of CBS locally owned stations KDKA most likely would have let him stay but a suit in New York wanted blood.

BTW CBS has the Super Bowl this year.
Had it not gone viral I suspect he'd be put on a warning and a possible suspension.

We also don't know whether he's been a poor performer or had other incidents in the past that factored into the decision.

I have no issue with him being fired since he knowingly did something he knew violated basic workplace conduct.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_20190131-100849~2.png

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
But it's really not something that should cost you your career.

I tend to agree. But then again, if he has any sense for these things whatsoever, he’ll easily turn it into a net profit.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One of the great moments in Super Bowl history - NBC had an intermission so viewers could go to the bathroom

Fans who are younger keep the clip running as NBC then looked at Billy Sullivan who founded the team.

Pat Sullivan to this day is a major factor in my life and he is at peace with Robert Kraft simply because the Sullivan family is treated with respect in the Pats museum at Patriot Place. I don't think Pat will ever forgive what his brother did in thinking he could outsmart Don King in a business deal.

When you look at the Patriots history the person most responsible for Bob Kraft getting the team was

EddieLogo_MudgeStudios%20(1).0.jpg

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tom Brady...generally aware of an equipment infraction

Brady's biggest mistake with Deflatgate was immediately calling the equipment manager after D&C blindsided him with the report from Indianapolis.

The reality is Kraft had to make sure Belichick was not implicated as he faced a lifetime ban from the NFL as part of the Spygate settlement.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Totally OT: I normally play conventional style on DK (fantasy football), but they have it set up as Captains Mode for the Suber Bowl. Anyone play this style before and have any luck?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
The white board at work had all these hash tags written like

#TomBradysRetirementParty
#DeflateGateDeuce
#GoRams

and other crap I simply wrote under it in bigger letters #GOAT

Told if they win I dont have to come in Monday but um........................Brady dont pay my bills and I am not an obnoxious winner.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Bill Belichick needs to redeem himself after last year's fiasco. God I hope his defense is somewhat average in this game.

Meanwhile my cousin believes a Pats win would be an "Upset". Not sure I share his point of view.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Bill Belichick needs to redeem himself after last year's fiasco. God I hope his defense is somewhat average in this game.

Meanwhile my cousin believes a Pats win would be an "Upset". Not sure I share his point of view.
Defense sucked last year because they were missing a big piece in Hightower, and were playing bads like Richards and Bademosi. Look, the Butler thing has be beaten to death. Should he have been in? Yes. Should he have been in after sitting out 3 quarters? No. At some point someone else needs to step up, they couldn't, it happens. Let's not act like the Eagles defense were world beaters in that game either, they were equally as abysmal. They just happened to make a play when it mattered most.

I expect the Pats defense to cause Goff to make some bad decisions and turn it over. They are much better this year even if the numbers don't fully reflect that.

Fully believe you're going to see another game plan from Belichick that's similar to what he did against the Bills and Thuman Thomas, where they'll give someone like Anderson the yards in the middle of the field, and crush them on passing downs playing nickel.

Gilmore probably takes Woods in man and effectively takes him out of the game with Jackson getting Cooks with help from McCourty. Jones on Reynolds. If soft as shit Brandon Cooks and Josh Reynolds beat you consistently, you deserve to lose.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm hopeful that Ty Law gets into the HOF tomorrow.

I'd love for he and Seymour to go in together but I think Seymour will have to wait another year.

Champ Bailey is a lock imo

Finalists_600TW.jpg

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->