NFL GDT: Super Bowl 50: (AFC) Denver Broncos vs (NFC) Carolina Panthers - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Von Miller was sickeningly good, that cannot be stated enough. Most dominant playoff stretch ever by a player perhaps.

Been saying the same thing. Against the Pats and Panthers, has to be one of if not the most dominant back to back performance by a defensive player that I can ever remember.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Von Miller was sickeningly good, that cannot be stated enough. Most dominant playoff stretch ever by a player perhaps.

Kony Ealy showed up to say the least too.

Feel for Greg Olsen. That's my guy.

Most likely would have been MVP if the Panthers won. He had a great Super Bowl.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He kept scrambling and dove for the ball after it came out. He missed.

Would it have been better in retrospect to dive head-first and just hope for the best? Sure. But it wasn't a selfish decision to back up and wait for the ball to pop out, as it did indeed do. If he had recovered it, nobody complains.

I've got to say, though, it doesn't surprise me to see this morph into yet another conversation about his personal character.

All QBs make business decisions like that. Their teams tell them to. When Manning had a pass intercepted, was he trying to make a tackle? No, of course not.

But Cam dances after touchdowns, so his character will be questioned in ways different QBs won't.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
no football for 7 months. Assuming it will be the Patriots the broncos will play. They dont division games or teams from the other conference. Though the Panthers do go to Mile High next year. Maybe the Colts would be an option too.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
All QBs make business decisions like that. Their teams tell them to. When Manning had a pass intercepted, was he trying to make a tackle? No, of course not.

But Cam dances after touchdowns, so his character will be questioned in ways different QBs won't.

How are those situations similar? He should have went for the ball, plain and simple. Its not the regular season.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
One team was focused, had a sound game plan and executed. The other was unfocused and made too many mistakes.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
no football for 7 months. Assuming it will be the Patriots the broncos will play. They dont division games or teams from the other conference. Though the Panthers do go to Mile High next year. Maybe the Colts would be an option too.

BRONCOS 2016 HOME OPPONENTS:

• Chargers
• Chiefs
• Raiders
• Colts
• Texans
• Falcons
• Panthers
• Patriots

Lots of good choices.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
So the two biggest questions people had about the Panthers in the summer (OL and WR) show up today in the biggest game of the season. They did so well up until this point. Damn.

The Broncos D is on another level though.
In all honesty, the dline tore up pretty much every team. Ware and Miller were just too good for anybody to stop.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
BRONCOS 2016 HOME OPPONENTS:

• Chargers
• Chiefs
• Raiders
• Colts
• Texans
• Falcons
• Panthers
• Patriots

Lots of good choices.

As far as i can remember, ever since they started having the winner play on Thursday they have only played 1 game from teams from the other conference played each other (Saints/Colts) and only 2 division games (both times the Giants won). It will probably be New England.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

Its not just the dancing, its just the general cockiness. He was all smiles during the Arizona game but not in this one.

I mean Aaron Rodgers has a smugness to him and does his belt gesture after a TD but at least he will man up and give a proper press conference after he loses a game. He doesnt hide.

Cam has a huge ego. When he loses he acts like a little kid in Toys R Us who doesnt get his way.

bWo*

Congrats Woof, Hasbro, that Oiler fan and anyone else I forgot. Von Miller is a mf beast. Look forward to humbling you guys next season :sarcasm:

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Actually Manning did try to make a tackle on the interception, well as much as his broken body would let him.

Also, tonight just proved the point that Cam hasn't really changed, he just wasn't losing as much so his childish attitude wasn't as visible anymore. have no problem with all the celebrating he does but all the pouting and tantrums are just offputting

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I didn't know where to post this but I'll go ahead and ask. When the Pro Bowl used to be after the Super Bowl, does anyone remember if the SB champs and runner-ups bothered going to Hawaii?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The funny thing is Denver might actually be in a decent shot to take another run at a title next year.

Brock is likely the #1 man barring something unforeseen happening like a trade. He's at the least serviceable for now. Denver will likely say good bye to guys like Trevathan and Malik Jackson, but guys like Wolfe, Miller, Talib, Ware and Harris will all be back. They can easily make another run.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

I have been watching Drew Brees for 10 seasons now. There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind whatsoever, he is diving headfirst into that pile without a second thought. I can think of several others easily - Favre, McNair, Brady, Ben, Rodgers, Romo, etc. who I have no doubt would do the same.

Cam is plenty tough physically, but not mentally. That's what is holding him back from being a true championship type QB right now. Hopefully for his sake he can overcome it. All I know is, if I'm on his team and chips are down, it's awfully hard to follow that dude. Doesn't mean he's a bad person or anything, he just doesn't have that special indescribable "it" factor that SB winning QB's tend to have.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Been saying the same thing. Against the Pats and Panthers, has to be one of if not the most dominant back to back performance by a defensive player that I can ever remember.

Dominant almost doesn't do it justice. Congrats! One hell of a defense. Can't wait to watch the Pats open the season in Mile High next year (probably) *fart*

Also aqib just told his wife he was gonna boink her in front of everybody, not sure how well that's gonna go over with her :laugh:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I didn't know where to post this but I'll go ahead and ask. When the Pro Bowl used to be after the Super Bowl, does anyone remember if the SB champs and runner-ups bothered going to Hawaii?

I seem to recall it was like 50/50. A lot of guys would treat it as a vacation after the SB. Now with it being before the game there's virtually zero chance of any of those players going.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Its not just the dancing, its just the general cockiness. He was all smiles during the Arizona game but not in this one.

I mean Aaron Rodgers has a smugness to him and does his belt gesture after a TD but at least he will man up and give a proper press conference after he loses a game. He doesnt hide.

Cam has a huge ego. When he loses he acts like a little kid in Toys R Us who doesnt get his way.

I can't help but feel there's a racial component here. I've seen Tom Brady and Mike Krzyzewski scream until spittle is flying from their mouths at refs when calls don't go their teams' way, but that's cast as being a "leader" or being "competitive".

Tonight, the worst I saw from Newton was on the final drive, when there was a questionable late hit in the end zone after he had gotten rid of the ball...that's it. But Newton is "cocky", and that makes this bad.

To your first sentence: are you expecting Newton to be smiling when his team is losing? The only people who smile and act goofy when the team is losing are characterized as losers, people who don't care, etc. What is your realistic expectation of Newton?

If you look at Newton's antics and feel yourself getting angry, you really should ask yourself why.

Broncos defense played better than any I've seen this year, but given how their offense played, I can't help but feel that this was a game the Panthers could have won, even with the dominant performance of Miller and Ware. Manning was very bad, outside of the 1st drive they were never a serious threat. Congratulations to Manning/the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad