NFL GDT: Super Bowl 50: (AFC) Denver Broncos vs (NFC) Carolina Panthers - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'd be pretty pissed if my opponent (it was Chris Harris doing his interview) who just beat me was across the room going, "Can you throw the football?"

Nah, he should have sucked it up and answered these SUPER deep, important questions

The NFL just celebrated itself with extravagance for 2 weeks and the most they could get to separate two press conferences was a thin black sheet? What in the **** is that about. Cam made it about three questions longer than I would have.

This thread is a predictable **** show, and I've only read this last page. God forbid people show human emotion in any capacity while playing a game that is all about MORE.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I don't speak for other fans. I said it all year about Carolina. You can talk trash and showboat all you want but take your medicine when you get smacked back. It makes them appear as front runners and paper tigers. Just my opinion as a guy who played a lot of football.

Yeah I can't believe he walked off the field without even acknowledging Peyton

Wait

But I dunno you played a lot of football, so maybe you know something I don't.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
You're allowed to show emotion. But, if he has such an issue with how some people perceive him, he probably shouldn't respond in a way that enforces that. It is perfectly reasonable to be upset, yet act with class. He's a sore loser with a very strong ego. That's fine, but I just don't want him to try and act like that's not the case after that showing.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
You're allowed to show emotion. But, if he has such an issue with how some people perceive him, he probably shouldn't respond in a way that enforces that. It is perfectly reasonable to be upset, yet act with class. He's a sore loser with a very strong ego. That's fine, but I just don't want him to try and act like that's not the case after that showing.

More along the lines of the fact that the media has been PUSHING him to answer that question for the last three weeks. I don't think he honestly cares.

Explain how he's a "sore loser". What should he have done differently.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Yeah I can't believe he walked off the field without even acknowledging Peyton

Wait

But I dunno you played a lot of football, so maybe you know something I don't.

The problem is, then he went into sulk mode for everything after that. Doesn't make him a bad guy, just shows he's got a lot of growing up to do.

Deion Sanders said it best, do you think a Brady or Manning or Brees would behave that way, no, of course not. You're the league MVP, your face is plastered all over everything, you've got to do better than that.

Still I think Cam is the kind of dude who learns and grows from his mistakes. He's done that consistently over his career. I believe he'll learn from this and be a better leader because of it.

Slick Willy*

SO glad Denver beat that arrogant *$&% Cam Newton and made him stick his foot in his mouth last night. EVERYBODY picked Carolina to win, and they were all wrong.....guess it didn't go their way, did it?

Glad Newton got his **** handed to him. Remember everyone on sports TV saying 'if you don't like his celebrations, stop him...you can't stop him....' well Denver sure did.

This is a sweet day for me....love that Carolina lost and got beat by a couple TDs.

Congratulations on your third SB championship title.

Last edited by a moderator:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Nah, he should have sucked it up and answered these SUPER deep, important questions

The NFL just celebrated itself with extravagance for 2 weeks and the most they could get to separate two press conferences was a thin black sheet? What in the **** is that about. Cam made it about three questions longer than I would have.

This thread is a predictable **** show, and I've only read this last page. God forbid people show human emotion in any capacity while playing a game that is all about MORE.

Cam is unfairly criticized for the dumbest things. This just fills a long line.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
More along the lines of the fact that the media has been PUSHING him to answer that question for the last three weeks. I don't think he honestly cares.

He should've stayed in that room and answered questions. If you don't believe that, you're letting your fandom get in the way.

Deion Sanders nailed it on NFL Network after the presser. Cam was already getting criticized before this, and he was getting criticized for showboating mostly when times were good. Now that one time when things aren't so good, here he is pouting during a press conference. Regardless of Chris Harris, regardless of the fact that he just lost the biggest game in his life, and regardless that he's young and new to this experience he should've been able to handle answering questions in a decent, respectable manner. I personally don't care in general for press conferences, but you're a professional athlete and you should act like it during good and bad times. He'll learn this eventually.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

What should he have done differently? How about answering the post-game questions with class and respect. And don't come at me with the football is an emotional game crap. I play football -- I know. How he handled himself was immature and exactly what the "haters" were accusing him of being. You can be emotional and still handle yourself with class, that is possible you know.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The problem is, then he went into sulk mode for everything after that. Doesn't make him a bad guy, just shows he's got a lot of growing up to do.

Deion Sanders said it best, do you think a Brady or Manning or Brees would behave that way, no, of course not. You're the league MVP, your face is plastered all over everything, you've got to do better than that.

Still I think Cam is the kind of dude who learns and grows from his mistakes. He's done that consistently over his career. I believe he'll learn from this and be a better leader because of it.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here, let's just say there were some issues with protection."

We remember that, right?

Also Belichick has been doing these kinds of press conferences his entire career. He treats stupid questions with stupid answers. I wanted to know why Cam didn't jump on the fumble. How do you not get that question in within the first couple? Honestly, this transcript is an embarrassment to journalism.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here, let's just say there were some issues with protection."

We remember that, right?

Also Belichick has been doing these kinds of press conferences his entire career. He treats stupid questions with stupid answers. I wanted to know why Cam didn't jump on the fumble. How do you not get that question in within the first couple? Honestly, this transcript is an embarrassment to journalism.

So now blame the journalists? Jesus man. Not everyone is out to get Cam. You lose the way the Panthers did, especially after how criminally they were favored (which I never understood), you will get asked the tough questions. If you can find the press conference that some of the Denver players had to go through after a 43-8 annihilation after their SB loss a couple of years ago, I'm willing to bet there were some tough questions in there.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
What should he have done differently? How about answering the post-game questions with class and respect. And don't come at me with the football is an emotional game crap. I play football -- I know. How he handled himself was immature and exactly what the "haters" were accusing him of being. You can be emotional and still handle yourself with class, that is possible you know.

With such fine journalistic "questions" like "obviously you're disappointed. On the biggest stage it's difficult, I know" and "can you put into words the disappointment you feel right now?" I think your enjoyment of football will not be hurt if he doesn't go in depth on those.

Since it seems to be missed, Cam Newton was within earshot of Chris Harris and his PC and how he shut Cam down. I don't blame him for not sticking around. That's ****ing amateur hour, NFL.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So now blame the journalists? Jesus man. Not everyone is out to get Cam. You lose the way the Panthers did, especially after how criminally they were favored (which I never understood), you will get asked the tough questions. If you can find the press conference that some of the Denver players had to go through after a 43-8 annihilation after their SB loss a couple of years ago, I'm willing to bet there were some tough questions in there.

"Do we sometimes forget that defenses can still take apart the offenses in this game?"

Oh man what a tough, unanswerable question.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
With such fine journalistic "questions" like "obviously you're disappointed. On the biggest stage it's difficult, I know" and "can you put into words the disappointment you feel right now?" I think your enjoyment of football will not be hurt if he doesn't go in depth on those.

Since it seems to be missed, Cam Newton was within earshot of Chris Harris and his PC and how he shut Cam down. I don't blame him for not sticking around. That's ****ing amateur hour, NFL.

You're just making excuses dude. Just let it go. He was in the wrong for doing it. No matter how you spin it, that's the way it looks. No excuses you're going to make is going to change that. Is that really that hard to accept?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
You're just making excuses dude. Just let it go. He was in the wrong for doing it. No matter how you spin it, that's the way it looks. No excuses you're going to make is going to change that. Is that really that hard to accept?

There's no spin here. I'm literally relaying facts of what happened. He was asked terrible questions after the worst moment of his career. He was within earshot of the winning team.

But hey, you seem to have already made up your mind, so keep doing you

Slick Willy*

There's no spin here. I'm literally relaying facts of what happened. He was asked terrible questions after the worst momeMaybe nt of his career. He was within earshot of the winning team.

But hey, you seem to have already made up your mind, so keep doing you

Maybe if Cameron spent more than a year in college with cheerleaders writing his papers and he knew how to use proper annunciation in his speech he would have known how to handle this difficult situation a little more mature? :sarcasm:

He seems like he might be an alright fellow, but he is painfully arrogant, no matter how good he may or may not be. He's got a lot of years left to grow up, and I think maybe he will; he'd do himself a lot of help to tone it down in the future no matter how good he may (or many not) be/become.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

We remember that, right?

Yeah, I remember. He was asked the question why he was under pressure all night and got sacked 5 times. Then after that, he went on to give credit to the Steelers' players and their defensive scheme.

But whether you like his answer or not, at least he didn't pout his way through the questions and then bail.

As I said before, I think Cam will grow and learn from this. I think he could be that face-of-the-league guy and change perceptions, he's just got to take the lesson to heart and run with it.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I don't think Cam is a bad guy and I've always liked him even after all the stuff that went on at UF. However if you're the face of the franchise you have to answer questions from the media and not walk off in the middle of it. That's part of the job. I get that it was the biggest lost of his career and I'm not expecting him to be happy up there, but he just came off as a sore loser by not sticking around until the media was done or a rep from the NFL/team said the session was over. He proved some of his critics right by walking off sulking.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Newton's Super Bowl performance had to be one of the most disappointing performances ever relative to hype. That play where he refused to attempt to recover his own fumble was just shameful, and really summed up the game for him.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Newton's Super Bowl performance had to be one of the most disappointing performances ever relative to hype. That play where he refused to attempt to recover his own fumble was just shameful, and really summed up the game for him.

Now that's the fair criticism. That's what it should be about. Not a damn press conference.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Maybe if Cameron spent more than a year in college with cheerleaders writing his papers and he knew how to use proper annunciation in his speech he would have known how to handle this difficult situation a little more mature? :sarcasm:

He seems like he might be an alright fellow, but he is painfully arrogant, no matter how good he may or may not be. He's got a lot of years left to grow up, and I think maybe he will; he'd do himself a lot of help to tone it down in the future no matter how good he may (or many not) be/become.

Whether or not you're joking (and I think you are), it's his word/phrase choice that leaves a lot to be desired. He picks a word that kinda sort fits, but it leads to a phrase you've almost surely never heard before. And he actually did graduate this summer.

Hockeyfan02 said:
I don't think Cam is a bad guy and I've always liked him even after all the stuff that went on at UF. However if you're the face of the franchise you have to answer questions from the media and not walk off in the middle of it. That's part of the job. I get that it was the biggest lost of his career and I'm not expecting him to be happy up there, but he just came off as a sore loser by not sticking around until the media was done or a rep from the NFL/team said the session was over. He proved some of his critics right by walking off sulking.

Those people would have found any way to pat themselves on the back today.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm starting to come to the belief that sports fans simply like to revel in the idea someone sucked as opposed to the other team was great.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

As a huge Cam Newton fan, I agree. Dude looked straight up ***** made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->