Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Isn't he more of an offensive CM than Delaney is? I would think that Dahoud makes him redundant, despite how little Dahoud is used.

Delaney is more of a prototypical box to box player who covers a lot of ground, makes challenges, runs a lot, gives the team a physical presence, but provides little in the final third or with his passing. If you are going to use a deep-lying CM who dictates the tempo with his passing and skill, that player can have uses as the more defensive minded of the two players. I think Delaney's used too much, but I can see why his role in the team exists.

Delaney was used more offensively in Bremen, too. Both get it done with their effort more than their skill, imo. Eggestein isn't really skilled enough to displace Dahoud or Witsel.

The player that Liverpool need, well one of them, but this would be their Coutinho replacement. Feels like he always wanted to stay in Germany, though Klopp tried for him multiple times in the past

He's not even close to the technical level of Coutinho.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's not even close to the technical level of Coutinho.
Its not about the technical level. It's about the goals and assists from the midfield and positional versatility.

Liverpool need midfielders that go forward and can put up numbers.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Its not about the technical level. It's about the goals and assists from the midfield and positional versatility.

Liverpool need midfielders that go forward and can put up numbers.

IMO that's as much a matter of what the system allows the midfielders to do as it is what the midfielders are capable of. Not sure how well it would translate to a new team.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Maybe, but I imagine they’ll find some Euros in a mattress (or more likely get someone to fund it under the table) if it means getting a superstar or not.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I hear fekir is good
Looks like he failed his medical for a reason, has been really banged up this year. Those issues tend not to get better. But I said preseason LFC dont jump City without Fekir so who knows. Think they will move on. Also thought Fekir may have more of a forward than midfielder, but is Liverpool stuck to 4231, he probably would have played on the right of that. Who knows?

As an aside, everyone (rightfully) assumed Fekir and Werner were LFCs top forward targets. With neither looking likely, no one has any idea where they are going next, and they will need at least two with Sturridge and Origi leaving in the summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
IMO that's as much a matter of what the system allows the midfielders to do as it is what the midfielders are capable of. Not sure how well it would translate to a new team.
Yes and no. Look what healthy Oxlade-Chamberlain did in that system last season. With Klopp not trusting Keita, they don't have any other midfielders to break the lines/run the channels/etc. This has led to Liverpool's implosion on offense.

You probably watch Brandt more than me, but while he doesn't have (healthy) Oxlade-Chamberlain's speed, he can do damage on the wings or in a 3 man midfield. You can play him pretty much anywhere, and he offers a lot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Looks like he failed his medical for a reason, has been really banged up this year. Those issues tend not to get better. But I said preseason LFC dont jump City without Fekir so who knows. Think they will move on. Also thought Fekir may have more of a forward than midfielder, but is Liverpool stuck to 4231, he probably would have played on the right of that. Who knows?

As an aside, everyone (rightfully) assumed Fekir and Werner were LFCs top forward targets. With neither looking likely, no one has any idea where they are going next, and they will need at least two with Sturridge and Origi leaving in the summer.
Last week 3 goal performance Fekir?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They have a very flawed lineup.
What's their flaw? They have one of the best (if not the best) front three in the world. Some very solid midfielders. A fantastic CB pairing.

Right now I'd say this would be their core

Neymar-Cavani-Mbappe
Verratti-Draxler
Marquinhos
xxx-Silva-Kimpempe-Meunier
Areola

Go out and buy Telles and maybe some depth and they'll be right back into it next year.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, they're pretty loaded.

All you can do is dust yourself off and try again, really. Winning the CL ain't easy and anything can happen in knock-out competitions.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Their lineup tonight was flawed, but they’re missing one of the best players on the planet and one of the best #9s and also lost Draxler fairly early to injury.

It also wasn’t like they got outplayed, they had a couple gaffes and a bad break. If that tie is played 10 more times, PSG likely wins 8 or 9 of them.

Reactions: Evilo and Gecklund

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Their lineup tonight was flawed, but they’re missing one of the best players on the planet and one of the best #9s and also lost Draxler fairly early to injury.

It also wasn’t like they got outplayed, they had a couple gaffes and a bad break. If that tie is played 10 more times, PSG likely wins 8 or 9 of them.
You have to take into account that Neymar will miss every Feb-March of the season which coincide with R16. They need better back-up options. They have some very talented kids that can take that next step,

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Player for player it is not flawed, and holy were they unlucky last night, but also disappointed with the way they played at 1-2. I thought players were hiding - which is very very disappointing. Especially since I have been told that only happens to Spurs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Paredes is not starter quality right now. He should be the backup of a Fabinho, Kante or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad