Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If there are actual rumours out there saying that Barca would be willing to let Umtiti go because they want Koulibaly, that will be a losing transfer replacement ten out of ten times. Koulibaly hopes that he can eventually develop to Umtiti's level and I say this as a bloke who isn't the biggest fan of Samuel.

Prepared? Ajax fans rarely get to cheer for players for longer than two seasons. We're quite used to it. Neres, while a special player, is replaceable, though. He's no de Ligt or Frenkie de Jong. Too bad the Laniez deal fell through as he was seen as his main successor. Interesting to see who Ajax will target, but hopefully it will be Stengs from AZ.

Be prepared to pony up the dough for Neres. So many teams are targeting him right now. He's become a member of the selecāo and he's impressing vs Europe's elite. Ajax just recently set the asking price on 80M, but I figure he'll go for anything between 50/60M. Hopefully he stays another season.
That's a crazy amount...as you said he's good, but he isn't like a world class winger putting up B. Silva type of numbers. I was thinking of 40 million to get him, but if there is a bidding war with many legit teams then I think I would pass and let them drive up the transfer fee to the 60s or 70s.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
That's a crazy amount...as you said he's good, but he isn't like a world class winger putting up B. Silva type of numbers. I was thinking of 40 million to get him, but if there is a bidding war with many legit teams then I think I would pass and let them drive up the transfer fee to the 60s or 70s.

Ajax already rejected a 45M offer this winter. Bayern too made an official bid of about 35M. 40 Won't cut it. I think he's of comparable value to Richarlison, who went for 56M.

Ajax live off these transfers as good as their development system is there is scouting is just as good

Ajax have the luxury in being, by far, the wealthiest team in a major farming league. And assets usually cost peanuts from lower Eredivisie sides. And talents who want to take the next step in their development always look at Ajax as the most ideal next scenario. They can attract talents very easily that way. Not sure they should get much credit this way. Their international scouting is more impressive.

Reactions: S E P H

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
@Ajacied

What's the deal with Ziyech? He has be to leaving next summer , right?

Roma was pretty close to getting him last summer , but it fell apart and we foolishly signed Pastore instead.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
@Ajacied

What's the deal with Ziyech? He has be to leaving next summer , right?

Roma was pretty close to getting him last summer , but it fell apart and we foolishly signed Pastore instead.

Yes, Ziyech is leaving. He's more than earned his next step. Yesterday I read that he doesn't hold a grudge towards Roma and he still considers them as a serious option if they were to target him again this summer. He and Kluivert talk about it all the time. He'd cost next to nothing (30-35M for Ziyech is a bit below market value, and I wouldn't be shocked if the deal falls out below 30 with Ajax and Ziyech on such great terms) and with some more recognition in Europe, I'd expect more teams to be aggressive now. Ziyech isn't elite material, though, so the window of teams isn't that big. Teams such as Roma, Lyon, Dortmund, Everton, Arsenal I think will all be great for him.

I wouldn't mind this.

Donny is such a hard case to crack. Was seen as a massive talent throughout his academy days. People pegged him as the next Steven Gerrard but he has been an entirely different kind of animal for Ajax. Not sure about his potential anymore. I do know that he should stay in Amsterdam for another season as he has become a starting fixture somewhere halfway down the season. I am very interested how he operates without Ziyech and Frenkie de Jong. He's not a dribbler or a real playmaker. He'll need those around him. But next season will show his true colors. A next step to a Dortmund, PSG or Tottenham comes way too soon for him right now and would really hurt his development.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Matthijs de Ligt is being linked to Barcelona every day now, it seems. Barca now apparently have a contract ready for him, which will pay him equal to Frenkie de Jong's contract. I'm surprised about the rumored transfer fee. Most Spanish papers report a fee of around 60M, constantly talking about Barca getting a discount because of their strong ties with Ajax, but I can't see Overmars bending over like that and not asking for at least the same amount Frenkie got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad