Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That ref decision however could have a huge impact.
I'm seriously wondering now if Neymar, Mbappe and others will stay.
If they had gone far in that CL like they should have, they'd stay. Now? I'm not sure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tuchel is staying I think. He has established himself and the players love him. He's their main chance at keeping Neymar and Mbappe.

I'd be surprised Enrique stays. He and Tuchel can't get along and he failed in the De Jong transfer (though to be fair, some other people are to be blamed here).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I guess FIFA blocked Chelsea's request for a pause on the ban until the appeal is over. They didn't provide any reasons for why it was denied, but they allowed Barca, Atletico, and Real to have a pause.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I guess FIFA blocked Chelsea's request for a pause on the ban until the appeal is over. They didn't provide any reasons for why it was denied, but they allowed Barca, Atletico, and Real to have a pause.
Real Ueafifalonatletico confirmed

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
When it comes to FIFA and UEFA I strongly believe in incompetence rather than conspiracies.

Reactions: YNWA14

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
When it comes to FIFA and UEFA I strongly believe in incompetence rather than conspiracies.

I'm not saying pure conspiracy, but it's one of the most corrupt organizations in the world. It's not like they are out to get Chelsea, but it's an absurd decision between either corruption or incompetence.

Lets say Chelsea wins the appeal, I know they won't, but assume they do. Would they get compensated for being banned from a transfer window that they shouldn't have been banned from?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Both Barça papers are saying that they'll be going for De Ligt and it sounds like they'll be moving in earnest after the Lyon tie. Apparently Bartomeu did an interview and even said they'd do everything to sign him. Read one opinion piece that said he might cost less than De Jong and that where De Ligt wants to go will trump Raiola's wishes. @Ajacied

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Both Barça papers are saying that they'll be going for De Ligt and it sounds like they'll be moving in earnest after the Lyon tie. Apparently Bartomeu did an interview and even said they'd do everything to sign him. Read one opinion piece that said he might cost less than De Jong and that where De Ligt wants to go will trump Raiola's wishes. @Ajacied

If they do buy him why did they buy the young french kid?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not saying pure conspiracy, but it's one of the most corrupt organizations in the world. It's not like they are out to get Chelsea, but it's an absurd decision between either corruption or incompetence.

Lets say Chelsea wins the appeal, I know they won't, but assume they do. Would they get compensated for being banned from a transfer window that they shouldn't have been banned from?

Sure, but inconsistencies like this can be found everywhere in football. Not the same organizations, and I believe the FA is much cleaner than FIFA and UEFA, but how does Pochettino get two games and Klopp none?

I don’t want to get into the other part in detail. Difficult without probably breaching some forum rules.

As for your last paragraph. You are 100% correct. No secret I can’t stand Chelsea (or rather the ownership - I wouldn’t mind Chelsea with proper owners), but they way the club is handled here is disgraceful with the precedence set by others (a precedence that is pretty silly as it has all will appeal and are planning for one last window before sanctions come into force).

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
de Ligt to Liverpool to form an incredible Dutch CB pairing. van Dijk has two international breaks to make it happen.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sure, but inconsistencies like this can be found everywhere in football. Not the same organizations, and I believe the FA is much cleaner than FIFA and UEFA, but how does Pochettino get two games and Klopp none?

I don’t want to get into the other part in detail. Difficult without probably breaching some forum rules.

As for your last paragraph. You are 100% correct. No secret I can’t stand Chelsea (or rather the ownership - I wouldn’t mind Chelsea with proper owners), but they way the club is handled here is disgraceful with the precedence set by others (a precedence that is pretty silly as it has all will appeal and are planning for one last window before sanctions come into force).

Agreed, I think we all just want some consistency. My college team is going through something similar with the just as corrupt NCAA, very annoying.

Reactions: bluesfan94

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If they do buy him why did they buy the young french kid?

Well Todibo only has 30 some matches at the top level while De Ligt has 100. I think it leaves room to loan someone out and my guess is that would be Todibo. Unless of course they bought him just to make a profit from selling him on, but Valverde has said the kid has played well in training.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Load of bullshit that every other club has had it frozen pending appeal and we get the immediate hit. Show some consistency. They'll be taking that to the Court of Arbitration of Sport, and they'll hopefully win.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah, indeed, TAS will break this decision.
It's OK for the old gang (Real, Barca, etc...), but the new rich can't benefit from anything.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Yeah, Dutch papers were talking about it as well earlier this week. They really want him to replace Pique in the end (he was freaking good vs Real last week, btw, but I don't need to tell you that) and form a long term duo with Umtiti. Lenglet isn't elite and while Tobido is a nice talent, de Ligt is in a whole different league. If a player like de Ligt wants to join you, you'll do everything in your power to do so and create room for him. Not sure about the price tag, but when you compare him with de Jong, de Ligt should go for the same amount if not more. Can't see Overmars sell him for under 85, to be honest.

Hoping he joins Barca. Always have a soft spot for them with all the Ajax connections.

In other news, this bloke:

.. has been called up by the Brazil national team. His price tag went up a lot these last few days. Overmars might fetch close to 300M this summer if most of those players indeed leave.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wonder how many posters have seen Todibo play (not saying he's better than De Ligt BTW).

Just wondering why some people comment on him without ever seeing him play.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I wonder how many posters have seen Todibo play (not saying he's better than De Ligt BTW).

I haven't. But from all reports he sounds like a nice talent.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
People need to stop lumping us in with Madrid when it comes to the transfer ban nonsense.

I've seen clips and he looks like a real talent. I've also said in the past that I could see Todibo being the De Ligt alternative for the club.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
de Ligt going to Liverpool would be something special, though obviously a very, very long shot with Barcelona in the mix and de Jong already going there.

Will settle for Bergwijn.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Does this decrease the likelihood of Hazard moving until their window opens again? I haven't read the details, but it is one of those "can sell and loan" as much as they want, but they can't buy correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->