Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why would he go to Arsenal when United, City, PSG, Juve, RM, and Bayern have all been rumored to be interested? Not to mention the other Italian teams.
Playing time probably

Emery can point to Guendouzi and say I will give young olayers ample playing time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I also think Busquets was the best midfielder in the world until recently. He's lost a step IMO.
I also believe Messi is the best player in the world, I've said so for all his career.
Now the recent need to label MATS as best goalie and Alba as best LB is tiring.

It's like some Barca fans want to tell us their roster is filled with "best players in the world" all the time.
Nobody's disputing that Alba and MATS are among the best. Now the best is certainly arguable.

But as always, nothing's arguable when it comes to Barca. Even easy whistles.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He would get playing time at pretty much all of the other teams though.
Not as much. All those other teams (except Utd) are CL contenders. They won't have as much patience integrating a younger player unless they are truly exceptional.

Do I expect Barella to sign with Arsenal? No. He'll probably go to Inter imo.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I'm a Marcelo guy for sure. I also rate Ramos above Pique (shoot me)... pretty easily too.

Busquets is a freak of nature DM , but I dunno if he's (or was) the best midfielder in the world.

As for keepers , I would listen to anyone who says De Gea, Alisson or Ter Stegan are the best in the world at the minute. Take your pick , really. Each of them are bloody amazing in my eyes. And people really need to stop bringing up that weak goal in the World Cup against De Gea as some kinda black-mark against his claim to be the best. It's tiresome and lame.

Reactions: Ajacied

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Do I expect Barella to sign with Arsenal? No. He'll probably go to Inter imo.

I just a puked a little.

But for real, I do expect Marotta to make Inter a little more Italian. I also unfortunately think he's going to make Inter a respectably run club. First Icardi will be shown the door , and soon to be Spalletti. It's a shame because there's not much that entertains me more than Inter disfunction.

Wouldn't be stunned to see Conte at the helm next season, either.

As for Barella , I think he's on record saying he wants to play in England. So perhaps it's not too far-fetched. I'd put my money on Chelsea, though if Sarri's still there and they get that ban reduced/lifted/delayed. (they will)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Interesting a Frenchman complaining about a few comments about some players who are playing really well when for years on the very same forum we read about every other Benzema goal every tenth match.

Also interesting how Marcelo's career gets encapsulated by a few good seasons along with a pass for more nearly an entire rough year where as Alba's is down to "two very rough years".

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Because Benzema has been highly underrated on this board for years. I never claimed Benzema was the best striker. So, whataboutism failed.

Nope Alba has has much more down moments than Marcelo.

Interesting a Barca fan thinks the contrary, while a fan of neither Barca or Real doesn't.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The point still stands and is relevant.

Actually that's not the case at all, but it's beeen clear for some time you don't see much La Liga or Barca.

LOL, yeah, meaningless.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Ajax and Arsenal interested in São Paulo's winger Antony (19y). SP wants 30m euros for him. He's incredibly talented, hope he stays here for a couple more years as we need our youth to led us back to glory as the club has been terrible buying old players.

not saying he's the next Messi (not even close), but his style, the ways he carries the ball is very Messi-like. He also has Messi as his role model. Right now he's a skillful winger that has problems finishing like a lot of BR wingers.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax and Arsenal interested in São Paulo's winger Antony (19y). SP wants 30m euros for him. He's incredibly talented, hope he stays here for a couple more years as we need our youth to led us back to glory as the club has been terrible buying old players.

not saying he's the next Messi (not even close), but his style, the ways he carries the ball is very Messi-like. He also has Messi as his role model. Right now he's a skillful winger that has problems finishing like a lot of BR wingers.

Ajax want him to replace Neres, may he leave. I doubt Neres leaves as Ziyech is pretty much set to go abroad, creating a nice spot for him to proof himself full time.

That said, I know next to nothing on this Antony kid and 30M sounds like a lot, yet I could still see Ajax making such a splash. They will likely get over 250M on transfer income this summer, so they can make a few big splashes and gambles here and there.

EDIT: looks a lot like Justin Kluivert.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Ajax want him to replace Neres, may he leave. I doubt Neres leaves as Ziyech is pretty much set to go abroad, creating a nice spot for him to proof himself full time.

That said, I know next to nothing on this Antony kid and 30M sounds like a lot, yet I could still see Ajax making such a splash. They will likely get over 250M on transfer income this summer, so they can make a few big splashes and gambles here and there.

EDIT: looks a lot like Justin Kluivert.

Kluivert isn't a bad comp but there's a few things they're very different at. Antony like Neres, is very dependent on his left foot while Kluivert is pretty good with both feet, Antony isn't known for long-range shots like Kluivert either. Antony is more of a playmaker, he's even been playing some central midfielder for SP first team, he's got an eye for through balls like Neres while being deadly crosser. I'd say he's a better dribbler than both, as a former futsal player, he doesn't need much space to dribble past defenders. Both Neres and Kluivert are more explosive than Antony.

Ajax has been heavily scouting São Paulo youth ever since Neres transfer. There were also rumors about them looking at Helinho. They gonna need to pony up the dough, though. Can't see SP selling those two for just 15m as they did with David Neres.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Thanks John! Does sound like an Ajax type player and one Overmars will target further.

Who are even bigger talents that might make the leap abroad this summer? I want Ajax to go all out haha.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Thanks John! Does sound like an Ajax type player and one Overmars will target further.

Who are even bigger talents that might make the leap abroad this summer? I want Ajax to go all out haha.

There's a ton of talented players, but not yet a Vinicius Jr that is head and shoulders above the rest. Maybe Reinier, but gotta see how he does in Flamengo's first team and they have got a pretty expansive squad so he gonna have a hard time to get playing time.

Guys like Santo's Kaio Jorge (17, striker), Atletico Mineiro's Alerrandro (19, striker), Bahia's Ramires (18, midfield), Vitoria's Luan (19, winger), Vasco's Lucas Santos (19, winger/10), Grêmio's Tetê (19, winger) are some of my favorites.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice is asking for 60M€ for St Maximin.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to pay that, except if they only look at pure talent without looking at the rest (tunnel vision, lack of effort, attitude, lack of humility, lack of awareness, etc...).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not sure he's worth a roster spot really especially with Delaney already there.

Isn't he more of an offensive CM than Delaney is? I would think that Dahoud makes him redundant, despite how little Dahoud is used.

Delaney is more of a prototypical box to box player who covers a lot of ground, makes challenges, runs a lot, gives the team a physical presence, but provides little in the final third or with his passing. If you are going to use a deep-lying CM who dictates the tempo with his passing and skill, that player can have uses as the more defensive minded of the two players. I think Delaney's used too much, but I can see why his role in the team exists.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
'
Sounds like Brandt to BVB might happen after all

The player that Liverpool need, well one of them, but this would be their Coutinho replacement. Feels like he always wanted to stay in Germany, though Klopp tried for him multiple times in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->