Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Rodgers really does get the Leicester job I wonder if Tierney will follow him there. I think he could do a lot with that team.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Makes little sense unless Leicester are selling Chilwell.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers signed boyata this summer. Hes available on a free. Rodgers is also a big fan of calum McGregor, but hes gonna cost a fortune for Celtic to do business with Rodgers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chilwell > Tierney.

I could see Arsenal getting Chilwell and Leicester replacing him with Tierney though

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I think one of the biggest (and annoying) transfer sagas heading into the summer will be Icardi.

Once Beppe Marotta was hired , I kinda figured Icardi's days would be numbered.

It'll be interesting to see which club buys him ....and the fee of course. Madrid seems like an obvious match , but perhaps someone else will get involved.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Chilwell is pretty good at what’s a weak position. I do think he’s eventually going to go to a bigger side, but I think Rodgers will keep him for a season

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The point is you don’t buy Tierney if you got Chilwell. Especially not if you are Leicester.

Not that teams haven’t done stupid things...

And if Tierney is that much better he is going to a bigger team regardless of BR. Would love to replace Davies with him at Spurs. Even if that is not happening considering how much Pochettino loves Davies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Tierney is better
Yes, I strongly believe this. He'll probably be cheaper too considering EPL teams tax each other for transfers.

Chilwell still has too many holes in his game to be starting every week for the big clubs. I don't see the same with Tierney. I think he is better than Alonso and Emerson for sure.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think one of the biggest (and annoying) transfer sagas heading into the summer will be Icardi.

Once Beppe Marotta was hired , I kinda figured Icardi's days would be numbered.

It'll be interesting to see which club buys him ....and the fee of course. Madrid seems like an obvious match , but perhaps someone else will get involved.
Napoli should go after him TBH,

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Napoli should go after him TBH,

Rumours are saying he just rejected Napoli for Juve. :dunno:

I actually think this one will backfire for Juve. They're moving away from the ethos that brought them so much success.

Might start off well , but I predict it will eventually end badly for him there. He's about as anti-Juve as it gets.

He'd be a much better fit in Naples , imo.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Rumours are saying he just rejected Napoli for Juve. :dunno:

I actually think this one will backfire for Juve. They're moving away from the ethos that brought them so much success.

Might start off well , but I predict it will eventually end badly for him there. He's about as anti-Juve as it gets.

He'd be a much better fit in Naples , imo.
I don't believe the rumors one bit. Icardi is the last player Juve need.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
rumor is that Bayern and Atleti have reached a agreement for Lucas Hernandez too
Fee will be 80m Euros. This plus Arp and Pavard.

Sport-Bild reports they are interested in Timo Werner and Kai Havertz (Leverkusen) and even Brandt (Leverkusen). It will be busy in Munich this summer.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Fee will be 80m Euros. This plus Arp and Pavard.

Sport-Bild reports they are interested in Timo Werner and Kai Havertz (Leverkusen) and even Brandt (Leverkusen). It will be busy in Munich this summer.
And Pepe and Thauvin and possibly Fekir.

Yes will they break the record in net spending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad