Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I like Tagliafico a lot ever since his Independiente days, but was just joking with D2M I don't think he's the best LB in the world. He's pretty good, though. Not sure if Madrid should go after him, Reguilon looks like the real deal. If Marcelo leaves for Juve, a swap with Alex Sandro would make sense for them. Also could see Alex Sandro going to PSG if Marcelo indeed goes to Juve.

So what you're saying is Tagliafico is better suited for a team like Arsenal and he will do a damn good job on that team?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't know. Robertson has had to play at a few different levels and has proven at each level that he's capable of playing at the next. I wouldn't call him the best LB in the world but does he need to go back to Hull City and maintain this form to be considered definitely-not-flukey good?
He was apparently quite good with Hull as well, which is why Klopp wanted him. He was fantastic last season (and I was calling for him over Moreno from the beginning) as well as playing well even though Liverpool have been struggling (relatively) with their play at times. He's had a few mediocre games but every player does. If he isn't one of the best leftbacks in the world, who is?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Despite not playing, it’s still Marcelo.

No, it's not, and there's a reason he's not playing and it's not because he's injured. He's well overrated on this forum. I mean imagine someone actually selecting him 51st overall in a draft? 38 places ahead of Alba? That would be embarrassing. Hell, someone might even actually select a guy like Carvajal as their RB if they're actually willing to take Marcelo at 51st overall.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Erh, did I say that? I said he needs to play on a team that is not walking on everyone. Not on another club.

Messi is still great when Barcelona isn't performing. Heck, his game at Sevilla just the other day.
While they certainly did at times, is walking all over everyone an accurate assessment of Liverpool's campaign last year? That's when people really started noticing Robertson.

In any case, Robertson is not the best LB in the world. He looks like the best LB in England this year.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, yes. Pool has pretty much been red hot for a year now.
When they get back to earth (if they do lol), we'll get a better assessment.

Coming back to Messi, he's the most impressive when he's dragging his team to victory. When Barca is average and he does it all to make them win.
You can't expect that of a LB obviously, but we can better assess which player he is when Pool hits a wall.
It's for this very reason I'm not as high on Alba as two well known Barca fans here (who feel that Busquets is the best midfielder, Messi the best player, MATS the best keeper and now feel like telling us Alba is the best LB) because Alba has had two very rough years at some point. He's back to his best level and it's nice to see.
But over their career, I'd still pick Marcelo over him. And nobody can mistake me for a Real fan.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Luke Shaw: 1 goal, 2 assists
Andy Robertson: 0 goals, 10 assists in all competitions. 7th in the league in assists which is a bit surprising.

Yes, that take is scorching hot. Shaw is playing well but there's a large gap. Defensively Robertson is spectacular and even better than going forward. Shaw has taken 9 bookings which means a lot in terms of how often he gets beaten off the dribble. Robertson has 2.

To be fair Robertson also does play in a better team. Can't imagine what he'd cost now.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yes, yes. Pool has pretty much been red hot for a year now.
When they get back to earth (if they do lol), we'll get a better assessment.

Coming back to Messi, he's the most impressive when he's dragging his team to victory. When Barca is average and he does it all to make them win.
You can't expect that of a LB obviously, but we can better assess which player he is when Pool hits a wall.
It's for this very reason I'm not as high on Alba as two well known Barca fans here (who feel that Busquets is the best midfielder, Messi the best player, MATS the best keeper and now feel like telling us Alba is the best LB) because Alba has had two very rough years at some point. He's back to his best level and it's nice to see.
But over their career, I'd still pick Marcelo over him. And nobody can mistake me for a Real fan.
In that case, I hope we never get a better assessment of Robbo ;)

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Luke Shaw: Jose Mourinho
Andy Robertson: Jurgen Klopp

Xhaka would look world class in this Liverpool team.

Do you mean like Benteke looked? Lol no he wouldn't. Trash players have been trash for Klopp. Moreno and Xhaka are actually the same kind of player in that they were very successful in another big league on a team more suited to their qualities, but neither of them have any business near real top level football teams.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Luke Shaw: 1 goal, 2 assists
Andy Robertson: 0 goals, 10 assists in all competitions. 7th in the league in assists which is a bit surprising.

Yes, that take is scorching hot. Shaw is playing well but there's a large gap. Defensively Robertson is spectacular and even better than going forward. Shaw has taken 9 bookings which means a lot in terms of how often he gets beaten off the dribble. Robertson has 2.

To be fair Robertson also does play in a better team. Can't imagine what he'd cost now.

Shaw is dribbled past less per game than Robertson. Shaw also has far less help when he's defending and is asked to make far more saving blocks and clearances.

Shaw's been the best defensive LB in the league this year.

Reactions: Gecklund

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I always found that Klopp got way more out of average players than their talent level should normally allow. Lots of examples from his Dortmund tenure.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Phew! Good thing I'm not well known so I know that @Evilo isnt referring to me. I've not said Busquets is the best midfielder either, so he definitely must be referring to someone else. That said whoever he is referring to about say Alba is very obviously saying that Alba is the best LB right now as opposed to say of his generation. Not sure how that can be confused (and if memory serves me correctly this isn't the first time). It's also interesting that Alba had "two very rough years" and then Marcelo is referred to right after that as if Marcelo hasn't had any rough years. Like I said, overrated on this forum and I guess we can add one more to the list.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Phew! Good thing I'm not well known so I know that @Evilo isnt referring to me. I've not said Busquets is the best midfielder either, so he definitely must be referring to someone else. That said whoever he is referring to about say Alba is very obviously saying that Alba is the best LB right now as opposed to say of his generation. Not sure how that can be confused (and if memory serves me correctly this isn't the first time). It's also interesting that Alba had "two very rough years" and then Marcelo is referred to right after that as if Marcelo hasn't had any rough years. Like I said, overrated on this forum and I guess we can add one more to the list.

I completely ignored most comments on here just because I decided on provocative when I posted about Alba. Just went back and to see he whiffed on that post even with the good stuff on Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->