Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Even a Depay in this current form has nearly created the most opportunities for his teammates out of all players in the big 5 leagues. Only Payet and James Rodriguez beat him at that.
I'm not sure which site you used for this, but Payet and Depay might have trouble creating opportunties from the bench. That's where both players have spent the majority of time since january.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't like that signing. We need a better starter than Hazard. His play has dropped off in the second half of the season, and before this season no one would've said he was starting caliber at BVB.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't like that signing. We need a better starter than Hazard. His play has dropped off in the second half of the season, and before this season no one would've said he was starting caliber at BVB.

Dortmund's signings from the Bundesliga have been incredibly underwhelming lately. Which is exactly why they're going to sign Eggestein and the better Hazard.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Read the same thing in the newspaper today, thats all I know about it :thumbu:

I do think €40 for Thorgan is a bit excessive.
Would you say the referenced papers are reliable?

40m for Thorgan might be about market value, rightfully or wrongfully

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

This guy has been linked to both Milan clubs more times than I can count.

Interesting destination I hadn't considered for him.

This is the kind of profile they should be targeting. I haven't seen enough of him to weigh-in on whether or not he's ready for United , but I at least agree with the strategy.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

This would be a massive coup by Milan , and the project should be appealing to plenty of managers - especially builders like Poch. That said, this sounds a little far-fetched (especially the transfer kitty. 300 million ain't gunna happen). I think Poch is a Spur.

I know there's rumblings of a rift between him and Levy about transfers (or lack there of) , but I'm not buying that it's really that bad between them. With the new stadium and the roster at his disposal , I can't see why he'd leave now. Maybe in a couple years.

I want him to stay at Tottenham and I think he will.

This kid's a stud from what I've seen. Hope he stays , but it makes sense that he'd be a target as the Fernandinho replacement.

Herrera's the only one I'd care about. If Woodward can get someone to take Sanchez he deserves to be knighted.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

This is the kind of profile they should be targeting. I haven't seen enough of him to weigh-in on whether or not he's ready for United , but I at least agree with the strategy.

Yea I'm not sure if he's quite ready right now, but he's got a ton of potential.

There's also been a ton of stories about how this is the profile that OGS is targeting. Younger/emerging players with lots of potential as the core of incoming transfers where vets are only used to fill small holes or in exceptional situations

Herrera's the only one I'd care about. If Woodward can get someone to take Sanchez he deserves to be knighted.

Mata wouldn't be a terrible guy to keep because he's a solid vet who keeps a low profile. In terms of talent, he's clearly not going to provide a lot any more, but I think he's still got a lot of lessons to teach younger players.

The rest, I agree won't be missed at all.

Valencia and Rojo have basically been hurt all year and were rotational at best before that. Sanchez has been terrible when he wasn't hurt and his wages seem to have got De Gea out of sorts. Darmian I literally thought we sold in the winter and forgot he was still on the team.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I know it's one of the English rags, but I guess we answered our question of how Real are going to try and pay for players. Rumblings are saying that they're going to unsettle Hazard and get him to try and force a dream move as they don't want to pay 100 million.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know it's one of the English rags, but I guess we answered our question of how Real are going to try and pay for players. Rumblings are saying that they're going to unsettle Hazard and get him to try and force a dream move as they don't want to pay 100 million.

I thought we already knew this, but maybe it was just Chelsea followers. They'll get Hazard for "cheap", Chelsea doesn't have any leverage in the situation. Age and contract aren't on the side of Chelsea.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It'll be interesting to see if Chelsea lets Hazard go. Let's be honest, he seems to be coming into the prime of his career and is playing the best he's played since he joined the PL. He's having a career year and Chelsea have a transfer ban. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him.
Even a Depay in this current form has nearly created the most opportunities for his teammates out of all players in the big 5 leagues. Only Payet and James Rodriguez beat him at that.

He is money for Oranje in every way, shape or form; fights, plays defense, is a leader, scores and assists. Not sure he can keep that up, but it's damn impressive, just like his second half with Lyon was in 2017/2018. Which makes it that much more frustrating; he can really be world class and among the best in the world at his position, but he just falls of a cliff at times. Which isn't all that bad, it's the way he handles his bad periods, by not looking in the mirror but blaming others. He still has a lot to learn there, but at 25 I doubt if he will ever reach his maximum potential - though his Oranje period lately is again promising.

The dude has an arrogant swag surrounding him, but he's a good guy. He can choose his words a bit more carefully during interviews (such as wanting more respect, which he always preaches), but most are blown way out of proportions in French.
Yeah, just to follow up on this of the top 5 leagues Memphis has the highest number of key passes per game of any player at 3.2 (key passes described as a pass that leads to a shot, iirc). This usually correlates very highly with chances created.

His talent is not the question, obviously. It's his attitude and work ethic and whether or not there's a coach out there that can harness it. Yes he's been elite for the Netherlands, but that's such a short period of time that he needs to be switched on for. If he could apply that over a full season he'd probably be one of the better players in the world. He definitely has the ability to be elite.

If Klopp thinks that he can harness that talent and 'control' Memphis to an extent, or at least put him in an environment where he's willing to give his all for the team then I'm all for it. Especially when you consider what he already brings when he isn't seemingly taking it as seriously as he should.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Especially since his contract is running down. If they try to play hardball he'll just dick around for 6 months focusing on not gettin hurt and then sign a pre contract in January and they'll lose him for nothing.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I saw that Real was willing to go to 100M Euros, so about 85M Pounds. That's sort of where I would expect it to be finalized at.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I thought we already knew this, but maybe it was just Chelsea followers. They'll get Hazard for "cheap", Chelsea doesn't have any leverage in the situation. Age and contract aren't on the side of Chelsea.

I mean, that seems to be the Real/Barca way (to be fair, all the big clubs do it, though Liverpool did seem to eventually pay VVD's value-ish).

I just didn't think it would be that blatant. I think Chelsea has a chance to keep him, but it might be time to move on for both parties.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I mean, that seems to be the Real/Barca way (to be fair, all the big clubs do it, though Liverpool did seem to eventually pay VVD's value-ish).

I just didn't think it would be that blatant. I think Chelsea has a chance to keep him, but it might be time to move on for both parties.

Hazard and Real has been inevitable for a couple years now IMO, it's always been known that Hazard wants to be there, just how we all knew Ronaldo wanted to be there. As soon as they brought Zidane back, then it became a guarantee. There is no chance of keeping him. We either sell at a price Real is willing to pay or we keep Hazard for 1 last year before he goes for free.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If we convince Hudson-Odoi to stay and Hazard secures a top 4 spot, then it won't be the worst outcome. Hazard has his best season and saves our season, and we are able to keep the in-house replacement.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To Liverpool?
Memphis, Thor and Brewster as forward options off the bench instead of Sturridge and Origi (although rumors Origi is getting another contract) would be delightful. Still hard to see. I could honestly just see Klopp letting Sturridge walk and replacing him internally with Brewster, but LFC really need another body there.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
To Liverpool?

haha ... yes, those Liverpool rumours are always plastered across Italian media.

Jokes aside, it's mainly been Inter if memory serves me right. I haven't been putting a ton of stock into either Milan club's rumours , because we're still not even sure Gattuso and Spalletti are going to be there next season.

Could I picture Memphis in an Inter shirt? Possibly.

Perisic's been a total wank for awhile now, so they might be looking for a new LW (if Memphis still plays there - I have no idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad