Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Bergwijn has hit a wall this 2nd half of the season, just like PSV as a whole has fallen off a cliff. Lozano as well has been awful. Not sure if the step to a bigger league should come this summer. Bergwijn should be much more dominant and effective.

Reactions: YNWA14

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Actually, there are a lot of times Liverpool are mentioned with foreign papers. They're a big club with a lot of supporters elsewhere. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but United, Liverpool, Barca and Real rumors do still sell papers.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
First city wanted Saul and now the rumour is Rodri? Atletico bought him just last season for 20 million they won’t sell him after one season. They’re not Villarreal

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
How much would Bale be worth if he was on a more reasonable contract like £150k per week?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
How much would Bale be worth if he was on a more reasonable contract like £150k per week?

Damn , that's a tough one. I'm not sure his wages being less would really change his value that much ...more so just the amount of teams that could purchase him (which sounds a little counter-intuitive, I know).

He's at the age now where I wouldn't envision much of a bidding war , despite being on reasonable wages. I think the same 3-5 clubs would be the likely suitors.

50-65m?

I dunno, I might be off on this one.

Reactions: Gecklund

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Damn , that's a tough one. I'm not sure his wages being less would really change his value that much ...more so just the amount of teams that could purchase him (which sounds a little counter-intuitive, I know).

He's at the age now where I wouldn't envision much of a bidding war , despite being on reasonable wages. I think the same 3-5 clubs would be the likely suitors.

50-65m?

Fairly random if you ask me. As you say there will most likely not be much of a bidding war for him, but you only need two to drive the price up.

In England I could see Spurs being interested. Maybe Chelsea if they sell Hazard? Assuming they can buy players. Not that I think Chelsea would pay much.

I highly doubt he'll go to Juventus - even if they sell Dybala. I guess he could go to some of the other Italian clubs, but they would hardly pay 100m for him. And I guess based on his rumored Spanish skills he might not cherish "learning" a new language.

In France it would be PSG. With FFP that is not happening.

Not sure if BM are looking to replace their old injury prone wingers with a new one.

So bottom line for me is Bale isn't worth much. At 150k I'm pretty sure Spurs would go 50m+ - and he could then very well end up returning "home". Not sure if I want it, but.... 50m at 150k for 3-4 years I guess he would be worth the risk. Bale at his best would fit Spurs very well.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016

50-65m?

That 50-65m is roughly the difference between making £600k a week pre-tax like he is currently and the £150k post-tax in my hypothetical.

There is talk that he's unsellable, but if he's worth £50m at £150k/week then he should still be movable at his current wages, RM just won't get much of a fee.

The other aspect to note in today's grossly capitalistic world of football is that if he leaves it will probably be to another Adidas club. Juventus, Bayern and obviously United are the clear choices, with a cheeky shout to Arsenal who are switching from Puma to Arsenal next season.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
The only rumour I've heard that kinda makes sense so far is Bayern , and just like I said with Ozil , it might have to be another James type of loan.

When these players get insane wages at the top clubs , they put themselves into a much smaller market. And once they're in the circuit , it's really rare for them to go outside of the circle of mega rich clubs. And often times, as is the case with Bale, they're not willing to leave a club like Madrid for anything less than another big club. Thusly, the list of suitors is almost always the same , irrespective of wages.

It's a difficult question in the sense of pin-pointing his exact value , but his market in terms of actual suitors, is still pretty much the same.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Bale would do really well in the PL still, so I hope that he's too pricey for a move and sticks with Real Madrid.

Supposedly Liverpool are linked with Neres now. Another good target to add rotation to Mane/Salah.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Bale leaves, it'll be like James or Higuain or Falcao. A decent loan fee and an option to buy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Bale would do really well in the PL still, so I hope that he's too pricey for a move and sticks with Real Madrid.

Supposedly Liverpool are linked with Neres now. Another good target to add rotation to Mane/Salah.
What does a French paper know about a Brazilian playing in the Netherlands moving to England?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon's offer for Jules Kounde has been rejected by Bordeaux. The price is supposedly 25M€.
Two thoughts here : 1/25€ is not much for his talents, Lyon lowballing for him is ridiculous and 2/Bordeaux selling Kounde is EXACTLY sending the wrong message from Bordeaux' new ownership who wants to build with youth. Sell your best young player in the first summer window? Meh.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
According to Juan Mata Sr (Cadena SER interview), United have offered his son an extension and that "they're very happy".

I have no issues keeping Mata. He's mostly past it as a player, but I think can still provide a ton of value in a similar way that Carrick did at the end where he's almost a half manager. Also his charity work is good to keep around the club and hopefully will help keep some of the young guys grounded.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have no issues keeping Mata. He's mostly past it as a player, but I think can still provide a ton of value in a similar way that Carrick did at the end where he's almost a half manager. Also his charity work is good to keep around the club and hopefully will help keep some of the young guys grounded.

If he does sign an extension, I wouldn't mind it. Against certain type of opponents and with the right supporting cast, he can still be useful. Plus, unlike some players, he's the ultimate professional.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I will second the reality that the rebuild with young guys will need to be a wait and see it type of approach. Until we actually see it, I don't know if it will happen. It's hard for big clubs to sell that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->