Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Brazil teen confirms Juve move
By Football Italia staff
Brazilian teenager Wesley has confirmed his move to Juventus from Flamengo.
Wesley posted a picture of himself wearing Juve’s training kit on Instagram with the caption, ‘a new story God has in store for me.’
The 19-year-old is a right-back who won the South American U-17 Championship with Brazil in 2017.
He is nicknamed ‘Gasolina’ for his pace and is represented by Mino Raiola but has not played since last May due to a contractual dispute with Flamengo.
However, Sport Mediaset reports that has now been settled and he joins the Bianconeri on a free transfer.

He better use Gasolina on the back of his jersey. Does anyone know if he's any good?

Juventus dive in for Brandt
Juventus could be ready to pay the release clause of Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Julian Brandt.
Brandt is under contract until the summer of 2021, but has a release clause of €25m and that figure shouldn’t scare off the Bianconeri.
The 22-year-old attacking midfielder has had an impressive season so far for Leverkusen, scoring seven times in 37 appearances for the German side.
According to Sport Bild, Juve’s Sporting Director Fabio Paratici has met with Brandt’s father who also works as his agent to discuss an offer to tempt the Germany international into moving to Turin.

Dortmund favourites for Schick?
By Football Italia staff
Borussia Dortmund are reportedly the favourites to sign Roma striker Patrik Schick this summer.
According to Sportitalia’s Alfredo Pedulla, Dortmund were keen on Schick before he became Roma’s record signing in the summer of 2017 and will revive their interest in the coming months.
Despite his return of just three Serie A goals this season, Pedulla explains the 23-year-old’’s profile ‘continues to please’ the German club.
Consequently, they would be ahead of Bundesliga rivals RB Leipzigin the race for the Czech.
Roma still owe Sampdoria €28m for Schick, but €20m of that can be substituted for the Blucerchiati receiving 50 percent of any sell-on fee if he leaves the Olimpico permanently before next February.

I don't know what the hell happened but at one point he was such a promising prospect.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I remember Brandt was also a hot commodity at one point (though again he is still young and can become a very good player...Sterling had a bit of a dip before becoming a PotY candidate).

Just goes to show how hard it is to project young players sometimes, and how development isn't linear.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What, wanting Declan Rice no matter the cost? And in case you haven't noticed, with Valencia leaving, there's not that much veteran presence at the club anymore.
Wanting? Yeah I'm pretty sure they want any big talent out there.
But it's fair. It's obvious United will want to keep some vets around. And will probably bring some more.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I remember Brandt was also a hot commodity at one point (though again he is still young and can become a very good player...Sterling had a bit of a dip before becoming a PotY candidate).

Just goes to show how hard it is to project young players sometimes, and how development isn't linear.
I was under the impression Brandt is having a very good season. I'd still take him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BVB after Jerome Roussillon.
Bout time a bigger team gives this guy a chance. He's extremely quick and his crosses are something. He has made some progress defensively year after year.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wanting? Yeah I'm pretty sure they want any big talent out there.
But it's fair. It's obvious United will want to keep some vets around. And will probably bring some more.

Well the rumour is they want to focus on younger players when it comes to new signings.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah the rumor. And first thing they do is focusing on resigning old players who never made much of an impact for them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was under the impression Brandt is having a very good season. I'd still take him.
Yeah didn't realize he was having as good a season as he is. Still he seems a bit behind what was expected of them (though those expectations for young talents never seem to be overly realistic). At this point I'm happy to take any fast, direct winger that has a lot of talent if Klopp thinks they're good. I just want a more reliable rotational option for Mane/Salah without having to change the way we play drastically or have a huge drop in quality.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah the rumor. And first thing they do is focusing on resigning old players who never made much of an impact for them.

There's been a ton of stories of them lining up and chasing younger players. Given the transfer window doesn't open for a couple months, not sure what else they're supposed to do at this point.

Resigning a squad veteran who provides a good professional example to the squad doesn't mean they're not trying to chase youth. Primarily focusing on youth doesn't mean ignoring anyone over 24.

They're also working on contracts for guys like Rashford and recently signed Martial to a big extension.

Reactions: bluesfan94

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Significant news is that Arsenal has had talks for Ajax winger David Neres. Everton also interested in him...I hope @Ajacied is prepared for the exodus.

Mata is a fine guy, a fine person.
Now, the footballer isn't much these days though.
Should make a fantastic football pundit. Very classy human being.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Madrid think they can get 130 million from Bale (which means they will profit off him as a worse player) if that doesn't teach you about inflation then nothing will. In any case, as I said during his first transfer cut it in half and its still too much. Also speculation that they will use Bale to offset the cost of Pogba please do.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Madrid think they can get 130 million from Bale (which means they will profit off him as a worse player) if that doesn't teach you about inflation then nothing will. In any case, as I said during his first transfer cut it in half and its still too much. Also speculation that they will use Bale to offset the cost of Pogba please do.

I want a lot of things but I won't get them either. There is absolutely no chance they get that much.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Il Mediano
Roma are after Jules Kounde (Bordeaux) and Boubacar Kamara (OM).
I'd say both are too expensive but apparently, Bordeaux are only asking 25M€ for Kounde, which is cheap change.
Kamara OTOH, should be out of their range. He's just signed a new contract and is arguably the best 99 defenseman in the world. I'm thinking he leaves OM for a top 5 club in a year or two. And for 50+M.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
@Il Mediano
Roma are after Jules Kounde (Bordeaux) and Boubacar Kamara (OM).
I'd say both are too expensive but apparently, Bordeaux are only asking 25M€ for Kounde, which is cheap change.
Kamara OTOH, should be out of their range. He's just signed a new contract and is arguably the best 99 defenseman in the world. I'm thinking he leaves OM for a top 5 club in a year or two. And for 50+M.

Saw that, what do you think of Kounde? I honestly know nothing.

We desperately need athleticism at the back , and ideally someone comfortable on the ball too.

Also, the Luis Campos rumours won't die , so perhaps there's something to this? I expect we'd be more involved in the French/Portuguese market if he's hired.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Jules Kounde is someone who won't wow you but does everything very well. He's on the small side (1.81), but is everywhere. His IQ is top notch. He's also a L1 starter for two years and he's only turned 20. That's quite a lot of experience. Also a nice calm leader I'd say.

Overall, Bordeaux is making a huge mistake selling him. He's their brightest young player and they said they'd build on youth. :facepalm:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
His IQ is top notch

This is vital. I'm glad to hear it. Roma has a quite a few dumb players right now, haha. It's harsh , but true. Wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade in the intelligence department.

Btw, you weren't kidding when you said Bianda was raw. He's not even doing that well with the U20's side . He's still so young , but maybe a loan back to Lens or a Ligue 2 side would be good for him, I dunno. Seems like he moved too soon.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I have no idea why Roma was after Bianda already. He has a lot to go before being ready for first division football.

And forgot to answer about Campos. I doubt he leaves. As I said, he rejected Monaco just a month ago, and his young team he created in Lille is playing the CL next year (which means more money for him to make his youngsters transfers).
He is his on boss at Lille. He knows he can sign any unknown albanian he wants. :D

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did some research on the guy , he's very impressive. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
IMO he's the best scout in the world.
When you look at Monaco's starting lineup in their dream season :
Subasic
Sidibe-Glik-Jemerson-Mendy
Bakayoko-Fabinho
Silva-Lemar
Falcao-Mbappe

I think he's responsible for something like 9 signings among those 11 players. :amazed:

I still don't think he leaves Lille. Too good of a situation for him.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lille are also doing well on the transfer market because of his signings. Celik is one of the emeriging RB in the football world, he bought him for peanuts. Thiago Mendes will be a hot commodity, Pepe will be sold for insane money, Leao is already scoring a bunch of goals, they already sold Ballo-Toure for 15M while buying him 1.5, Bamba is worth a lot of money, Xeka too, Ikone is showing his talents, etc... they're doing exactly what he did at Monaco. They'll sell everyone next year and buy some new talents to play the CL.
Weirdly enough, his most high profile signing has so far turned out to be a miss : Thiago Maia.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Significant news is that Arsenal has had talks for Ajax winger David Neres. Everton also interested in him...I hope @Ajacied is prepared for the exodus.

Prepared? Ajax fans rarely get to cheer for players for longer than two seasons. We're quite used to it. Neres, while a special player, is replaceable, though. He's no de Ligt or Frenkie de Jong. Too bad the Laniez deal fell through as he was seen as his main successor. Interesting to see who Ajax will target, but hopefully it will be Stengs from AZ.

Be prepared to pony up the dough for Neres. So many teams are targeting him right now. He's become a member of the selecāo and he's impressing vs Europe's elite. Ajax just recently set the asking price on 80M, but I figure he'll go for anything between 50/60M. Hopefully he stays another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad