Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And City lost Sancho because he was unsure of playing time at City. City can afford paying a premium to rotational players, other clubs aren't willing to do that. They have a very attacking setup, so Pep is able to get them into the starting 11 more, and they really don't have as much depth as some think. Mahrez already won the league and finally had an opportunity to get a big contract, so it made sense for him accepting a smaller role. There really aren't many on City that have accepted smaller roles that have the quality to be everyday starters on top clubs.

There are obviously quality players out there that are willing to accept smaller roles to be on a club that wins, but that tends to be players that have already won quite a bit, don't have much to prove for their national team to ensure a starting spot, and/or need a big contract because they've been underpaid on previous deals. Those players are rarely brought up when people give that type of response to Liverpool fans. The vast majority of the time, a young, prime, star player is not going to accept a rotational role.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would believe Ornstein over Romano. Not saying that Fabrizio is wrong or bad by any means, but I put more thought when Ornstein says something because he's much more strict when he reports rumours than Romano is.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would believe Ornstein over Romano. Not saying that Fabrizio is wrong or bad by any means, but I put more thought when Ornstein says something because he's much more strict when he reports rumours than Romano is.
Yes, and I’m not sure when this became a hot take.

Reactions: S E P H and Cassano

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Both are credible and both could have credible information. It's silly when people take any transfer news as fact.

Reactions: Blender

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Could see three Brazilians join the team (Coutinho, Willian, Gabriel).

Last edited:

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Could see three Brazilians join the team (Coutinho, Willian, Gabriel).

That’s two players that will eat up significant minutes from our up and coming kid and not to mention major $$$. Why aren’t we replacing the garbage we have on our backline is beyond ridiculous.

Mustafi, Luiz, Chambers, Sokratis, Holding, etc... How is that acceptable?!?!?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That’s two players that will eat up significant minutes from our up and coming kid and not to mention major $$$. Why aren’t we replacing the garbage we have on our backline is beyond ridiculous.

Mustafi, Luiz, Chambers, Sokratis, Holding, etc... How is that acceptable?!?!?
Well Saliba is coming in and maybe Gabriel too. That's two new defenders.

Besides Luiz, I think 2 of those CBs you listed will be sold.

The defense conceded less than Chelsea this season. The main problem was always creating chances for this team, which they were 17th in the league. Adding Willian and Coutinho, in theory, should greatly help with that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

wonder if this guy is still as legit if he isn’t saying what the Utd fans want to hear.

Reactions: Cassano

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't care for Lewis all that much, but realistically he'll barely play and he'll sign a four year deal, so Liverpool won't have to buy someone else for that position for those four years.
This was interesting. Graded out better than I thought. Would still like to see some crossing numbers though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well the fact that Ornstein, Peach, Stone, and the other reliable British sources all tweeted it at the same time definitely makes that seem like a briefing coming from Woodward. Not saying it’s inaccurate but Woodward wanted that information out there.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Well Saliba is coming in and maybe Gabriel too. That's two new defenders.

Besides Luiz, I think 2 of those CBs you listed will be sold.

The defense conceded less than Chelsea this season. The main problem was always creating chances for this team, which they were 17th in the league. Adding Willian and Coutinho, in theory, should greatly help with that.

Our main issue is defending set pieces and linking up play from midfield. Ozil is/was a magician with the ball but he’s so useless when he doesn’t have it and his lack of hustle to defend is on the same level as James Harden, meaning non existent.

I just don’t think it’s the beat of ideas to sign guys past their prime, to big deals, when we’re trying to rebuild a very shaky squad. If we can land Gabriel, that would be something I’d be on board with... but Coutinho and Willian? I’d look elsewhere.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal cut 55 employees today... yikes. Hopefully we can turn some of our dead-weight players into some more funds/swap deals, not looking good for the overall financials of the club.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There was a podcast with Nizaar Kinsella going over Chelsea transfer news.
  • Havertz is only deal currently that he is confident will happen. All sides want to get the deal done, negotiations will take a little bit of time though between the clubs.
  • Chilwell is the main LB target, but he views this as a difficult deal. Chelsea have backup options, but aren't really considering them at the moment, could change if other clubs make bids on those players, Tagliafico was mentioned.
  • Rice is high on priority list too, and it's unclear if his role would be in midfield or CB. He could be viewed as the heir to Kante as there is concern with his injury history.
  • GK is unclear, Foster and Onana were mentioned as realistic targets. Oblak, Henderson, and Pope were viewed as unrealistic for a few different reasons.
  • A bunch of players will have to move out for the moves after Havertz, and that will be the biggest determining factor in what happens as the rest of the market won't be as active.
  • Squad is excited about what is going on, and even some of the players on the outside looking in, still want to remain at Chelsea.

Reactions: Blender

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Arsenal cut 55 employees today... yikes. Hopefully we can turn some of our dead-weight players into some more funds/swap deals, not looking good for the overall financials of the club.
It can be rough having a regular job at any sports club. They don't get paid market value and they are always the first to go in situations like this. Clubs don't have a problem running bare-bones in that part of the business.

And not a knock on Kroenke or Arsenal, I've worked with a bunch of different clubs in the States in the field that I'm in, and you'll get some very cool benefits, but salary and security aren't one of them.

Reactions: robertmac43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad