Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't care for Lewis all that much, but realistically he'll barely play and he'll sign a four year deal, so Liverpool won't have to buy someone else for that position for those four years.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not saying Romano is wrong. Saying Ornstein has better sources.

It is still highly unlikely Sancho goes anywhere other than Man Utd, so it doesn’t make any sense for Romano to backtrack on anything he has said already.

Middle article also said Utd was getting Bellingham so not the best example there either.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

just when I was excited about him and Pedri. Both are rumoured to be sold/loaned. Smh

"Rumored" being the key word. Trust him or not, Bartomeu was clear about both players just a few weeks back and selling them wasn't the story.

If Leicester do indeed want him I take that sort of deal on the following conditions:
  • 25 million for the first year of the loan
  • 25 million for the second year of the loan
  • they pay all of his wages of course
  • 50 million obligatory transfer fee after the second year of the loan
  • we get 25% if he's sold on down the line

I mean it's a profit without even playing a minute but why? He looks exactly what we need considering that Dembele is injured all the time

Again, it's a rumor.

Neymar says he's having his best time as a PSG player, wants to make history with his teammates.

I wonder how Barca papers will turn this into a "Neymar desperately wants back" headline.

My guess is they'll say what I read in the last 72 hours or so, that the club won't be going for him.

Would be a good move all things considered, but I somewhat feel for the guy. IMO the lockdown hurt his chances with the team.

Can't complain.

If we deal away Trincao for 50-60 million I want the club to step in for Kai

Not sure why anyone would talk about dealing Trinçao right now. Plenty of other players could and should be sold ahead of him to fund a signing like Havertz.

There's no way West Ham spend £20M on a striker right now when A) they need to spend to buy, B) the striker in no way fits the profile Moyes has talked about, and C) way bigger areas of need.

Suspect story.

You could be entirely correct, but the rumors been around for a little while now so there could be something to it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@les Habs what Jamal Lewis doesn’t deserve a blurb?

Article also included

“Liverpool are understood to have a shortlist of four candidates for the position, which also features (Lewis), Olympiakos’ Kostas Tsimikas.” (Didn’t name other two)

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Meh, haven't seen anything special from Lewis not really sure it's the signing to make but I'm sure that they can make him serviceable. Doubt he sees too much time (or at least, hopefully not).

Reactions: Cassano

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@les Habs what Jamal Lewis doesn’t deserve a blurb?

While I quoted a few folks, it wasn't that many considering all the posts I didn't quote.

I know very little about Jamal Lewis. Liverpool have made some excellent signings in recent years so were I a supporter I wouldn't be too worried. As I said the other day, I think Liverpool are fine if they don't make any signings. Still I think you also have to be careful and not pass on an opportunity in the market when it presents itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: YNWA14

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think that was because they didn't get MacAllister till late in the season. Gross is pretty much done at the premier league level and Lallana should push him out the lineup. If you bring in Eze i would sell him.

Would Potter line up with Eze and MacAllister side by side? That would be a potent attack with Maupay and Connolly. Brighton needs to make a signing like Eze, someone up and coming which shows ambition. The signings of Lallana and Veltman are moves to say you want to finish 14th not push for the top half. Guys that are good squad players but nothing to get you up the table. A perfect signing for you guys would be Harry Winks. I doubt it happens because of cost but he's got that passing and range you seem to be looking for. If Mourinho isn't going to play him as a first choice he would be great in Brighton.

That would be my hope. Mac Allister, Eze, Maupay, Connoly, Trossard being the main attacking threats. Lallana and Gross as coverage (If the price is right I would sell Gross). Potter does tend to rotate a lot of MFs and attacking players so having more quality does not hurt.

I think the Lallana and Veltman signings are exactly what you were getting at in terms of aiming for a 14/13 place finish. Brighton and Potter are is still establishing themselves at this level, I think it's a year or two before we start getting more aggressive on the market.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In other Brighton news they are looking at Ramsdale and King in a double signign from Bournemouth. Ramsdale would interest me, Ryan is 28 so a new GK is not a desperate need, however Steele and Button are not good enough and Walton is no guarantee either.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Meh, haven't seen anything special from Lewis not really sure it's the signing to make but I'm sure that they can make him serviceable. Doubt he sees too much time (or at least, hopefully not).
Not a fan of him either. He’s really bad defensively.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
In other Brighton news they are looking at Ramsdale and King in a double signign from Bournemouth. Ramsdale would interest me, Ryan is 28 so a new GK is not a desperate need, however Steele and Button are not good enough and Walton is no guarantee either.

I don't see any reason why Ramsdale would go to Brighton, he isn't pushing Ryan out. There are better choices in the premier league for him. I think he's quality but Ryan is too young to be looking for his heir just yet so would be money wasted. I don't think King is a good option either as he isn't a guaranteed starter over Maupay and Connolly, he prefers the left which is where Trossard plays. They should look at Brooks as he plays the right and would be a huge upgrade on Jahanbakhsh.

I think there's a lot of fringe players Brighton should move on from but with a quick turnaround to the season they may want to keep as much depth as possible. They also need to get a bit younger in some areas. I would look to move out Andone, Jahanbakhsh, Gross, Montoya, Stephens and if the price is right Dunk. Keep Propper and Mooy another year but bring in a younger CM like Hughes from Watford who should be affordable. To me they need a better LB as well.

How are they going to line up in the back? If Ben White is as good as those are saying he's going to need to be playing. You got Dunk and Webster already as starters, with Duffy a backup. Burn as well but he played more LB last year. I don't think the full backs are good enough to make using 5 at the back ideal all season. Would be better just to go with a traditional 4 at the back but then you aren't playing one of Dunk, White or Webster. With 4 at the back you can get an extra midfielder out there and run the Eze and MacAllister duo if you want and get the goals you're looking for.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I must admit it is always very funny to see Reddy, Maddock, Pearce, Joyce always bring up almost the same story word for word the same day about a liverpool potential signee. They are definitely briefed by the same contact.

That most likely mean that Jamal Lewis is already signed and most likely should be announced shortly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I must admit it is always very funny to see Reddy, Maddock, Pearce, Joyce always bring up almost the same story word for word the same day about a liverpool potential signee. They are definitely briefed by the same contact.

That most likely mean that Jamal Lewis is already signed and most likely should be announced shortly.
I know for a fact that Joyce and/or Pearce gets the news from the club first and then it goes down the ladder. If anyone cares how I know they can DM me. If no one cares that’s fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia