Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ole Gunnar on Smaldini today:

“I think Chris has shown, over his career at Manchester United, how valuable he is for United,” Ole said at a press conference ahead of Wednesday's Europa League second leg with LASK. “This season was about him being a regular and going to Roma, showing and proving how good a centre-back he is.

“I wanted to give Harry [Maguire] and Victor [Lindelof] and maybe Axel [Tuanzebe] a chance and so he found out that it was best for him to go to Roma to play for a year.

“Now he's coming back. Chris has shown this season that he will be valuable so I've been speaking to Chris throughout and been delighted with his season.”

So looks like he might be staying unless Roma ponies up some major cash.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
At times this year Brighton lacked that decisive pass and direct attacker, and I think Eze fits the bill. Gross had less productive season than he is used which was felt in our lack of goals through 2020.

With Mac Allister I get the sentiment, Alzate however lined up down the right side or deeper in midfield more this year, I think Potter's plan for him is more in these areas and less as a CAM.

I think that was because they didn't get MacAllister till late in the season. Gross is pretty much done at the premier league level and Lallana should push him out the lineup. If you bring in Eze i would sell him.

Would Potter line up with Eze and MacAllister side by side? That would be a potent attack with Maupay and Connolly. Brighton needs to make a signing like Eze, someone up and coming which shows ambition. The signings of Lallana and Veltman are moves to say you want to finish 14th not push for the top half. Guys that are good squad players but nothing to get you up the table. A perfect signing for you guys would be Harry Winks. I doubt it happens because of cost but he's got that passing and range you seem to be looking for. If Mourinho isn't going to play him as a first choice he would be great in Brighton.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The part about United not wanting to upset squad harmony is the interesting piece, the other stuff not as much. Their top players already have big contracts, so what would be the issue? Maybe they are worried about playing time and don't want one of the attacking 4 to have more of a bench role.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The part about United not wanting to upset squad harmony is the interesting piece, the other stuff not as much. Their top players already have big contracts, so what would be the issue? Maybe they are worried about playing time and don't want one of the attacking 4 to have more of a bench role.
That would be dumb. It's not a problem at City.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I’d definitely trust Ornstein over Romano. Ornstein is god tier for PL usually.

it wasn’t Orstein breaking a story. It was briefed to every English journalist. It’s Woodward trying to negotiate. Literally every UK journalist tweeted the same thing at the same time.

(it’s dumb and it never works fwiw but that’s what it is)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
it wasn’t Orstein breaking a story. It was briefed to every English journalist. It’s Woodward trying to negotiate. Literally every UK journalist tweeted the same thing at the same time.

That makes sense then.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I don’t think any of this is wrong. But that doesn’t mean Ornstein doesn’t have better sources than Romano.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I don’t really rate Lewis, but he is homegrown and has a pulse. Maybe Klopp can unlock some potential there in a different system but who knows. At least he is in their price range. For those who don’t know, Reddy is about a level under Joyce and Pearce but she is close. After her the sources drop off quite a bit.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

This was literally called at Red Cafe's Sancho thread like yesterday. Hilarious read for the past couple of days since I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad