Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
f***ing great news on MAtS but if barca don’t wanna sell Trincao why is Leicester having the option to buy?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do Brighton spend enough to win too, by your logic?
They don't have the prestige to bring in big name players, they had to spend to build a squad, they don't have a history of big sales to bring net spend down. I don't see what's complicated about it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They don't have the prestige to bring in big name players, they had to spend to build a squad, they don't have a history of big sales to bring net spend down. I don't see what's complicated about it.
But they should be winning things because their net transfer is the among the highest.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
According to Pearce.

Liverpool offering 10m for Jamal Lewis but Norwich want 20m.

LFC has alternatives including Tsimikas from Olympiakos if Norwich want to play hard ball.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
According to Pearce.

Liverpool offering 10m for Jamal Lewis but Norwich want 20m.

LFC has alternatives including Tsimikas from Olympiakos if Norwich want to play hard ball.
Amazing player in the 1 match I've seen of him at the Emirates.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's not. He didn't inject cash into the club.
Is he supposed only inject cash into the club? Tell him to hire people that are better at creating a soccer team. You’re guys issues having nothing to do with a lack of spending.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is he supposed only inject cash into the club? Tell him to hire people that are better at creating a soccer team. You’re guys issues having nothing to do with a lack of spending.
I'm not denying that they need better management. But it's a luxury for clubs like Chelsea where they can sign guys like Drinkwater and have them replaced immediately (in addition to sacking managers every 2 seasons). That's a luxury teams like Tottenham and Arsenal can't afford. Which is why you've seen players like Xhaka, Mustafi and Sissoko stayed well past their worth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Ramsdale has prem quality @ 22 and Brighton's GK coach Ben Roberts has done wonders for Ryan, would be a good spot to continue his growth without the pressure of being the starter on a weaker team. The move would keep him in the Prem and with the schedule likely being condensed the next couple seasons due to Covid and International tournaments, the extra coverage would not hurt. As I was saying there is not much trust in the other GK's at the club either.

Definitely a lot of dead weight at the club but this summer is not going to be the best for big movement from Potter. He will tinker (as he already started) but a lot of the older guys will remain. Propper is still class, Stephens is solid when healthy, and Gross has a place in the team but will likely see his minutes reduced. The main sells are going to be Duffy, Montoya, and Jahanbakhsh. Veltman was brought it because he can play both CB and RB, like Burn can do with CB and LB. Potter has changed formation on the fly a couple of times and likes having guys on the back line that can slide between central and wider positions easily.

If it's 5 at the back I see Burn-White-Dunk-Webster-Lamptey. 4 at the back take out White. If this season was any indication for what is to come, Potter will rotate frequently.

I just don't see enough games for Ramsdale to consider the move. Maybe Brighton buys him then loans him out to another premier league team like Man U with Henderson to keep playing at the highest level.

Guys like Propper and Stephens are still good but are getting up there in age. No need to have those two plus Gross, Mooy and Lallana just a lot of older players. Move one or two out for someone in the 23-26 range who can grow with the team.

You aren't getting too much money for those three guys if you sell them. I think 5 at the back is the way to go, without that fire power up top its probably best to try to be a bit more defensive and counter.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Maybe, but I think the bigger problem is that he runs the club like it's any other business with a goal of making a profit to take out of the club. Most of Arsenal's competition do not operate that way, even ones that don't have owners who lose huge amounts of money and operate sustainably on their revenue. They operate in a way that will keep them as a mid-table club, especially if they go cutting important staff from their operations side.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Definitely one of the Slavia players who can make it in the PL. Would be a fantastic move for West Ham and Southampton.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm not denying that they need better management. But it's a luxury for clubs like Chelsea where they can sign guys like Drinkwater and have them replaced immediately (in addition to sacking managers every 2 seasons). That's a luxury teams like Tottenham and Arsenal can't afford. Which is why you've seen players like Xhaka, Mustafi and Sissoko stayed well past their worth.
United has gone through a similar phase. The scouting needs to improve more than anything. Spending more money won’t keep you guys from bringing in the Xhaka’s and Mustafi’s of the world.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
United has gone through a similar phase. The scouting needs to improve more than anything. Spending more money won’t keep you guys from bringing in the Xhaka’s and Mustafi’s of the world.
Utd still pay the highest wages in the PL and have the worst point per salary rate IIRC. They're the biggest culprits.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's all part of spending money though, it's not just on transfers it's on the important behind the scenes stuff. No doubt Abramovich lost a lot of money to climb Chelsea to where they are now, but we've operated pretty in line with revenues over the last decade. A lot of that money spent went into a top class youth academy, scouting, development, etc. so that we can also make money on player sales and our loan army. These are things Arsenal should have been doing when they had a financial edge in order to keep up, but they didn't and now they have fallen behind.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That's all part of spending money though, it's not just on transfers it's on the important behind the scenes stuff. No doubt Abramovich lost a lot of money to climb Chelsea to where they are now, but we've operated pretty in line with revenues over the last decade. A lot of that money spent went into a top class youth academy, scouting, development, etc. so that we can also make money on player sales and our loan army. These are things Arsenal should have been doing when they had a financial edge in order to keep up, but they didn't and now they have fallen behind.
Well said. Couldn't have put it any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad