Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Continue.

United sources ranked:

Tier 0 (Undisputed, Official Sources)
@ManUtd / manutd.com
Tier 1 (Highest Quality Sources)
Simon Stone (BBC) / Sport1 (Germany) / Henry Winter (The Times Chief of Football) / Mohamed Bouhafsi(France) / Fabrizio Romano (Guardian) / Paul Joyce (The Times/Liverpool/Everton) / David Ornstein(BBC/Arsenal) / Craig Norwood (Club Photographer) / Kristof Terreur (The Guardian) / Gianluca Di Marzio (Sky Italia/Independant Journalist) / Simon Peach (Press Association)
Tier 2 (Proven to have current sources)
Bild (Germany/Bavaria) / Der Westen (Germany/Schalke/Gladbach/Dortmund) / Kicker (Germany) / De Telegraaf(Netherlands) / COPE (Spain) / Raphael Honigstein (Germany Freelancer/Guardian German News) / Voetbal International (Netherlands) / Matt Law (Telegraph/Chelsea) / Andy Burton (Sky Sports) / Caderna SER (Spain) / O Jogo (Portugal) / James Cooper (Sky Sports) / /u/xisimon (One of us) / RMC Sport (France)/ Andy Mitten (Transfer News) /
Tier 3 (Average reliability, or former Tier 2)
Canal+/Pierre Menes (France) / Jamie Jackson (Guardian) / Ian Ladyman (Daily Mail) / Stu Bates (Mirror) / The Telegraph / The Guardian / The Times / Mark Ogden (ESPN) / Daniel Taylor (Guardian) / Correio de Manha(Portugal) / Ruhr Nachrichten (Germany) / Le Parisien (France) / Ian Herbert (Independent) / Jason Burt(Telegraph) / Record (Portugal) / A Bola (Portugal) / Richard Keys (beIN Sports) / Jim White (Everton only) / L'Equipe (France) / Duncan Castles (Record/Times) / Paul Hirst (The Times) / James Ducker (the Telegraph) / Rob Dawson (ESPN)/ Miguel Delaney (Transfer News Only) Samuel Luckhurst (M.E.N
Tier 4 (Indirect sources, low reliability)
BildSport (Germany) / Tuttomercatoweb (Italy) / Sport (Spain) / Goal.com / Guillem Balague (Sky Sports/Freelance) / Stuart Mathieson (MEN) / The Independent / Mundo Deportivo (Spain) / Marca (Spain/Real Madrid) / AS (Spain/Real Madrid) / Talksport (UK & Ireland) / Sky Sports / Kaveh Solhekol (Sky Sports) / Stephen Howson (FullTimeDevils) / Paris/Euro United (France/PSG) / Simon Mullock (Mirror) / London Evening Standard/ Daily Mail / The Mirror / John Cross (The Mirror)
Tier 5 (Aggregators, Known Shitposters and Banned sources)
Peter O'Rouke (Freelance) / Tancredi Palmieri (Freelance/Bullshit merchant) / Metro (banned - utter shit) / Express (banned - redditwide ban due to vote manipulation) / The Sun (Banned - for being the Sun) / Diario Gol(Spain) / Daily Star (Go there for tits, not news) / CaughtOffside (Aggregates, but poses the news as its own) / Don Balon (Spain)/ Squawka (Vote Manipulation) / Sport/LAD Bible (Clickbait merchants/Content thieves) / Joe.co.uk (Shit memes and even worse transfer content) / 90min.com / / ESPN (except for articles by Delaney, Mitten, Dawson and Ogden) / Manchester Evening New / Here is the City (Aggregator) / Bleacher Report (Aggregator) / 90 min.com (Aggregator)/ All Other Aggregators / Football365 (Transfer News) / SportsMole (Shit source)

Chelsea list in this post: Transfer: - Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't believe Liverpool are in this summer, and I think push comes to shove, United will try and get it done, knowing that they don't have as many competitors.

This summer, you can get him for 90-100, next summer? Maybe Barca misses the title again and decides he's their guy. Maybe Liverpool have money.

Sure, I think they're smart to try and get the best price, but if they have the money, and he wants to go, get it done.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@Savant Mandi is definitely good enough as a fourth choice CB. Bartra is better, but I wouldn't say a lot better. I assume Liverpool are after for his passing ability. I think he reads the game pretty, but he's kind of slow and commits to a challenge to early. I think the former would be covered by Liverpool's tactis. At the end of the day I'd say you could do better buying a prospect, but if Mandi doesn't cost a lot it shouldn't be a bad buy.

Still curious how Napoli have that sort of cash.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fjortoft isn't a mouthpiece of Dortmund. He covers the Bundesliga and has some connections within the league. He played in the league, as well. He doesn't shill for Dortmund in the slightest. He's actually pretty critical of us compared to some other teams in the league. I would consider him a credible secondary source for Bundesliga news. He does have some connections. He was first on the Haaland transfer, so I guess thats where Man United are getting this from that he's a Dortmund mouthpiece. But I think the reason he was first on that was because he's a former international teammate of Haaland's father. He's also a former international teammate of OGS. I think he had some pretty inside connections there to break that transfer.

It gets confusing what actual transfer fee people are talking about because some talk in pounds and others in euros, and it's not always clear. Honigstein is a good source for the Bundesliga. I think what he's saying is probably on point about what the current situation is. I would be absolutely shocked if Sancho goes for anything less than 100M Euros though. That would be catastrophically bad PR for Dortmund. The club is pretty good with negotiating transfer fees, and it's not like Woodward has a good reputation in this department. And being realistic about this, I don't think the club is selling unless we get whatever our target figure, likely somewhere in the 130M-150M Euro range. 100M Euros will be there next summer, at worst. There isn't one conceivable reason it makes any sense for the club to sell at a discount this summer. The club is pretty good with negotiating transfer fees, and it's not like Woodward has a good reputation in this department.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Fjortoft isn't a mouthpiece of Dortmund. He covers the Bundesliga and has some connections within the league. He played in the league, as well. He doesn't shill for Dortmund in the slightest. He's actually pretty critical of us compared to some other teams in the league. I would consider him a credible secondary source for Bundesliga news. He does have some connections. He was first on the Haaland transfer, so I guess thats where Man United are getting this from that he's a Dortmund mouthpiece. But I think the reason he was first on that was because he's a former international teammate of Haaland's father. He's also a former international teammate of OGS. I think he had some pretty inside connections there to break that transfer.

It gets confusing what actual transfer fee people are talking about because some talk in pounds and others in euros, and it's not always clear. Honigstein is a good source for the Bundesliga. I think what he's saying is probably on point about what the current situation is. I would be absolutely shocked if Sancho goes for anything less than 100M Euros though. That would be catastrophically bad PR for Dortmund. The club is pretty good with negotiating transfer fees, and it's not like Woodward has a good reputation in this department. And being realistic about this, I don't think the club is selling unless we get whatever our target figure, likely somewhere in the 130M-150M Euro range. 100M Euros will be there next summer, at worst. There isn't one conceivable reason it makes any sense for the club to sell at a discount this summer. The club is pretty good with negotiating transfer fees, and it's not like Woodward has a good reputation in this department.

United aren't getting that, it was a comment at Red Cafe. It was later clarified to being well connected in Germany.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Never heard of him. Is Ajax close to getting him? And what type of player is he?
He’s on loan in Portugal right now. I’d say he’s easily the best CB prospect from Argentina. And maybe South America in general. Although not familiar with Brasil’s next group. He’s a hard nose defender who’s pretty good in the ball. All the tools to be one of the best and a leader on the back line. You will be very happy with him if he comes over. I’m not sure how likely it is but Atleti seem content with another loan move. I personally think he can easily play for them now. We shall see.

Reactions: Ajacied

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh ffs, you do understand that the talk was about Fjortoft?
Sure. Fjortoft sucks too. He talks a ton but he is a broken clock guy like all the other Fake ITKs. Usually wrong but right twice a day by accident.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure. Fjortoft sucks too. He talks a ton but he is a broken clock guy like all the other Fake ITKs. Usually wrong but right twice a day by accident.

You did read Buchnevich's post...?

He covers the Bundesliga and has some connections within the league. He played in the league, as well. He doesn't shill for Dortmund in the slightest. He's actually pretty critical of us compared to some other teams in the league. I would consider him a credible secondary source for Bundesliga news. He does have some connections.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You did read Buchnevich's post...?
I don’t care. I see Fjortoft all the time on the timeline because he represents himself like he is best friends with Klopp. He knows nothing. Just regurgitates tabloid gossip.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t care. I see Fjortoft all the time on the timeline because he represents himself like he is best friends with Klopp. He knows nothing. Just regurgitates tabloid gossip.

I don't even think I said anything that different than you. I think we're all mostly saying the same thing. I'd slightly disagree that he's a fake ITK. I think he has real sources and if he says something it shouldn't be ruled off like one of these fake accounts, but he's not a main source coming from Dortmund. Not a bad secondary source for Bundesliga transfers. He'll break a story or two per year. What he said though should not be regarded as a certainty.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't even think I said anything that different than you. I think we're all mostly saying the same thing. I'd slightly disagree that he's a fake ITK. I think he has real sources and if he says something it shouldn't be ruled off like one of these fake accounts, but he's not a main source coming from Dortmund. Not a bad secondary source for Bundesliga transfers. He'll break a story or two per year. What he said though should not be regarded as a certainty.
Yup. Broken Clock guy.

Liverpool has someone similar named Kevin Palmer who self-proclaimed broke the Virgil transfer and has talked out of his rear end since.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does anyone know if this account has any credibility? Bynoe-Gittens might be as good as any of the young English talents. He was clearly a step above everyone else at a youth international tournament I saw earlier this year between England, Spain, Denmark and USA.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bild says Gladbach are keying in on signing Brenden Aaronson. Fast rising American youngster playing in MLS. He's somewhere between a number 8 and 10. Good player. I really like what I've seen of him the last few years. He was not a highly regarded player coming through. He's developed extremely well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Does anyone know if this account has any credibility? Bynoe-Gittens might be as good as any of the young English talents. He was clearly a step above everyone else at a youth international tournament I saw earlier this year between England, Spain, Denmark and USA.

It's a good account to follow. I don't know about his connections or credibility but a lot of what he posts is legit.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Waking up to this and the Ivan being heavily linked to Sevilla news couldn’t ask for a better morning. Apparently he’s keen on going there barca want 10 million. Let’s go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad