Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This will end up like the Maguire and AWB transfers I would assume. Ed will play hardball than get scared and pay full price.
I’m not going to say this is wrong.

I am going to say Dortmund is not Crystal Palace, Leicester or Sporting. Dortmund have the ability to dig their heels in and stand up to United. Not saying they will, but saying they can. It’s still seems likely Sancho goes Utd.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I am going to say Dortmund is not Crystal Palace, Leicester or Sporting. Dortmund have the ability to dig their heels in and stand up to United.
I hope they do, and someone else gets Sancho next season.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Chilwell is the main LB target, but he views this as a difficult deal. Chelsea have backup options, but aren't really considering them at the moment, could change if other clubs make bids on those players, Tagliafico was mentioned.

Sergio Reguilon has been the rumor the last few days. Unless he signed a new contract recently he would be on a free.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal cut 55 employees today... yikes. Hopefully we can turn some of our dead-weight players into some more funds/swap deals, not looking good for the overall financials of the club.

They're cutting their head scout and head scout of UK. I don't like it. Their recruitment will be run by agents.

Reactions: Cassano

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't see any reason why Ramsdale would go to Brighton, he isn't pushing Ryan out. There are better choices in the premier league for him. I think he's quality but Ryan is too young to be looking for his heir just yet so would be money wasted. I don't think King is a good option either as he isn't a guaranteed starter over Maupay and Connolly, he prefers the left which is where Trossard plays. They should look at Brooks as he plays the right and would be a huge upgrade on Jahanbakhsh.

I think there's a lot of fringe players Brighton should move on from but with a quick turnaround to the season they may want to keep as much depth as possible. They also need to get a bit younger in some areas. I would look to move out Andone, Jahanbakhsh, Gross, Montoya, Stephens and if the price is right Dunk. Keep Propper and Mooy another year but bring in a younger CM like Hughes from Watford who should be affordable. To me they need a better LB as well.

How are they going to line up in the back? If Ben White is as good as those are saying he's going to need to be playing. You got Dunk and Webster already as starters, with Duffy a backup. Burn as well but he played more LB last year. I don't think the full backs are good enough to make using 5 at the back ideal all season. Would be better just to go with a traditional 4 at the back but then you aren't playing one of Dunk, White or Webster. With 4 at the back you can get an extra midfielder out there and run the Eze and MacAllister duo if you want and get the goals you're looking for.

Ramsdale has prem quality @ 22 and Brighton's GK coach Ben Roberts has done wonders for Ryan, would be a good spot to continue his growth without the pressure of being the starter on a weaker team. The move would keep him in the Prem and with the schedule likely being condensed the next couple seasons due to Covid and International tournaments, the extra coverage would not hurt. As I was saying there is not much trust in the other GK's at the club either.

Definitely a lot of dead weight at the club but this summer is not going to be the best for big movement from Potter. He will tinker (as he already started) but a lot of the older guys will remain. Propper is still class, Stephens is solid when healthy, and Gross has a place in the team but will likely see his minutes reduced. The main sells are going to be Duffy, Montoya, and Jahanbakhsh. Veltman was brought it because he can play both CB and RB, like Burn can do with CB and LB. Potter has changed formation on the fly a couple of times and likes having guys on the back line that can slide between central and wider positions easily.

If it's 5 at the back I see Burn-White-Dunk-Webster-Lamptey. 4 at the back take out White. If this season was any indication for what is to come, Potter will rotate frequently.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
There’s talk Chong might be loaned out to Werder Bremen if all these moves go through for United. I wouldn’t be against a permanent move to the Bundesliga. His talent is undeniable, but he needs more room and faith to grow. He’s still only 20. I’m just a little shocked how awful he’s been whenever he has gotten some minutes at the big stage.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They're cutting their head scout and head scout of UK. I don't like it. Their recruitment will be run by agents.
I’m okay with it if the agent brings good players. Kia’s best players are Coutinho and Willian lmaoo. This club is a circus and the owner is the court jester.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sergio Reguilon has been the rumor the last few days. Unless he signed a new contract recently he would be on a free.
There were a few others mentioned, but it seems like those links aren't all that significant and Chilwell will be pursued until it becomes apparent that it won't happen. I wonder if there is internal fear over a non-PL player not adapting well. Filipe Luis had clear PL talent and was bought for a pretty reasonable price, but it didn't work out, maybe they are afraid of that happening again and are willing to overpay for a PL proven player in Chilwell.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I am going to say Dortmund is not Crystal Palace, Leicester or Sporting. Dortmund have the ability to dig their heels in and stand up to United. Not saying they will, but saying they can. It’s still seems likely Sancho goes Utd.
I mean they all dug their heels in and got their desired price. It could fall through 100% but there is a trend starting here with Woodward’s transfer dealings.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There was a podcast with Nizaar Kinsella going over Chelsea transfer news.
  • Havertz is only deal currently that he is confident will happen. All sides want to get the deal done, negotiations will take a little bit of time though between the clubs.
  • Chilwell is the main LB target, but he views this as a difficult deal. Chelsea have backup options, but aren't really considering them at the moment, could change if other clubs make bids on those players, Tagliafico was mentioned.
  • Rice is high on priority list too, and it's unclear if his role would be in midfield or CB. He could be viewed as the heir to Kante as there is concern with his injury history.
  • GK is unclear, Foster and Onana were mentioned as realistic targets. Oblak, Henderson, and Pope were viewed as unrealistic for a few different reasons.
  • A bunch of players will have to move out for the moves after Havertz, and that will be the biggest determining factor in what happens as the rest of the market won't be as active.
  • Squad is excited about what is going on, and even some of the players on the outside looking in, still want to remain at Chelsea.
If we're going to spend big money on a Kante replacement we should be chasing Ndidi, not that he'd be easy or cheap to get considering how highly Leicester values him (for very good reasons).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There’s talk Chong might be loaned out to Werder Bremen if all these moves go through for United. I wouldn’t be against a permanent move to the Bundesliga. His talent is undeniable, but he needs more room and faith to grow. He’s still only 20. I’m just a little shocked how awful he’s been whenever he has gotten some minutes at the big stage.
He has decent talent, but I just don’t know if it will transition to the pro level. He’s looked nothing but lost in every senior appearance he’s had, and the ones against lower level teams in the Europa League were most concerning to me. I hope he can sort it out because I’d like to see him succeed.

Reactions: Ajacied

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ozil getting a lot of gripe on Twitter, this basically sums it up though:

Is Kroenke supposed to sell off assets of his other businesses to fund Arsenal and take a loss? His approach is that of a businessman, not a rich guy that views his sports clubs as toys. It's not like he has $6 billion in cash laying around. I say this as someone who thinks absolutely nothing of Kroenke.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If we're going to spend big money on a Kante replacement we should be chasing Ndidi, not that he'd be easy or cheap to get considering how highly Leicester values him (for very good reasons).
To me that's like saying we should go after Oblak. Leicester isn't in a position where they have to sell, they have plenty of money, so why would they sell arguably their best player. If they got 80 for Maguire, asking 80 for Chilwell, I don't even want to think what their price would be for Ndidi.

I think there is also some other reasons why they really want Rice. We are doing a youth revolution, so I bet they want to bring Rice "home" so to speak.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal has been one of the most profitable football clubs for years and Kroenke has taken a lot of money out of the club. If I were an Arsenal fan or even an player/employee of that club I'd be absolutely furious and be looking for the door with what he's doing right now. He reaps the benefits when times are good by taking from the club, and now when times are tougher he's making the club pay for it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, you know I've never been high on him. Talented for sure but he just doesn't really fit into any of the modern positions and I don't think he's talented enough to make up for some of his other weaknesses. I think he could have a career but he won't be anything special or even very good tbh.

Reactions: Ajacied

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
To me that's like saying we should go after Oblak. Leicester isn't in a position where they have to sell, they have plenty of money, so why would they sell arguably their best player. If they got 80 for Maguire, asking 80 for Chilwell, I don't even want to think what their price would be for Ndidi.
Insane I'm sure, but he's a world class defensive midfielder in my opinion. Maybe Rice can be that good one day, but he is going to cost a lot regardless.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is Kroenke supposed to sell off assets of his other businesses to fund Arsenal and take a loss? His approach is that of a businessman, not a rich guy that views his sports clubs as toys. It's not like he has $6 billion in cash laying around. I say this as someone who thinks absolutely nothing of Kroenke.
He hasn’t put a single penny into the club.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean they all dug their heels in and got their desired price. It could fall through 100% but there is a trend starting here with Woodward’s transfer dealings.
I think if Dortmund got their “desired price” this would be done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad