Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Plus if Sancho is purchased you've got one of Martial/Rashford/Greenwood as depth too (more likely it'd be a quasi-rotation between the four of them with Sancho getting almost every start and the others getting just over 2/3 and doing sub work)

Not that Jimenez is bad or anything, but it's the type of buy you make if you really think you're competing for a league or CL title, not the type you make while you still have holes in the starting XI to fill.
Now with all that said, he’s exactly the type of dumb buy United would make.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ben White was definitely a LFC target but we ran out of money. LFC can’t justify that price tag for a back up in this economy. I suspect they will be keeping an eye on hi if he stays at Brighton though. Really good player. Hopefully Agent Lallana can do a job.
I'm hoping that he is the next Dunk and grows with the team and ultimately ends up staying through his peak. Unfortunately I think he will grow too good for Brighton quickly.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Jimenez is a good player, but he will take up space in a team that needs to be playing Rashford and Greenwood as strikers. So I fully endorse this move and hope it happens.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I was going to say. Many valid points in terms of prioritizing other signings over Jimenez. I just would not expect United to be that rationale.

None of it makes sense. It stinks more of a Woodward briefing the press type move. He does these stupid briefs like he thinks he's gonna scare Dortmund into dropping the price cause the English press reports he's close to Jimenez. It never works but he tries it every summer.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It’s a report out of Portugal. It didn’t come from the usual United scribes. It’s likely an agent trying to get the guy a better deal or they just made something up. Don’t see Jiménez as the price driving down name (that’s probably Coman). Jiménez is also linked to Juve now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, I really think we are going to see a select group of clubs being used by agents to get better deals for their clients. It's desperate times for everyone. Chelsea, United, City, and possibly a few others are going to be linked to a ton of players that they are not actually after.

And it could be the clubs doing it too for negotiation purposes too, since a lot of clubs will be looking to cover their revenue losses with player sales. If negotations for the prime target is dragging out, they are going to leak that they have other options to put pressure on the negotiations.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Jimenez is a good player, but he will take up space in a team that needs to be playing Rashford and Greenwood as strikers. So I fully endorse this move and hope it happens.
And if they get Sancho too, Greenwood is suddenly buried.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sancho AND Jimenez buries Greenwood. Sorry if Unclear.
Ahh I see. Well knowing how OGS is I don't see him not playing playing Greenwood. He's been his biggest supporter and clearly believes in his talent. I would imagine Jimenez would be brought in to replace Ighalo, but that would be a ton of money for a 3rd string guy.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is not gonna help Dortmund sell Sancho.

This guy will probably go out on loan. Better than I would’ve thought. I thought he’d be playing for the second team.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Don’t think it’s good value at his age. Think he’s already played his best part of his prime. I mean sure City is one of the only teams in the world can spunk Virgil money on a CB hoping for a good season or two and not caring about the rest but I’d look for a younger CB in their shoes. They lose Koulibaly for AFCON as way.

Cup of Nations was moved to January 2022.

"On 30 June 2020, CAF moved the tournament for the third time to January 2022 following the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic."

Decisions of CAF Executive Meeting – 30 June 2020 | CAFOnline.com

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm not going to outright bury him, but everyone said all the exact same stuff about John Stones. This is not a good transfer. He cost far too much for someone so poor in the air, and I find the idea of him starting at Man City to be absolutely ridiculous. He was a central defender in a team that shipped 65 goals. I'm glad they signed him though, good for them.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I'm not going to outright bury him, but everyone said all the exact same stuff about John Stones. This is not a good transfer. He cost far too much for someone so poor in the air, and I find the idea of him starting at Man City to be absolutely ridiculous. He was a central defender in a team that shipped 65 goals. I'm glad they signed him though, good for them.

Fernandinho is shorter and he was forced to play as CB in quite a few matches. At 35, I don't think he can be expected to continue doing that long term. So Ake can be seen to replace those games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad