Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Continue.

If people have their team's rumor sources tier rankings post them here as well.

This is United's:

Tier 0 (Undisputed, Official Sources)
@ManUtd / manutd.com
Tier 1 (Highest Quality Sources)
Simon Stone (BBC) / Sport1 (Germany) / Henry Winter (The Times Chief of Football) / Mohamed Bouhafsi(France) / Fabrizio Romano (Guardian) / Paul Joyce (The Times/Liverpool/Everton) / David Ornstein(BBC/Arsenal) / Craig Norwood (Club Photographer) / Kristof Terreur (The Guardian) / Gianluca Di Marzio (Sky Italia/Independant Journalist) / Simon Peach (Press Association)
Tier 2 (Proven to have current sources)
Bild (Germany/Bavaria) / Der Westen (Germany/Schalke/Gladbach/Dortmund) / Kicker (Germany) / De Telegraaf(Netherlands) / COPE (Spain) / Raphael Honigstein (Germany Freelancer/Guardian German News) / Voetbal International (Netherlands) / Matt Law (Telegraph/Chelsea) / Andy Burton (Sky Sports) / Caderna SER (Spain) / O Jogo (Portugal) / James Cooper (Sky Sports) / /u/xisimon (One of us) / RMC Sport (France)/ Andy Mitten (Transfer News) /
Tier 3 (Average reliability, or former Tier 2)
Canal+/Pierre Menes (France) / Jamie Jackson (Guardian) / Ian Ladyman (Daily Mail) / Stu Bates (Mirror) / The Telegraph / The Guardian / The Times / Mark Ogden (ESPN) / Daniel Taylor (Guardian) / Correio de Manha(Portugal) / Ruhr Nachrichten (Germany) / Le Parisien (France) / Ian Herbert (Independent) / Jason Burt(Telegraph) / Record (Portugal) / A Bola (Portugal) / Richard Keys (beIN Sports) / Jim White (Everton only) / L'Equipe (France) / Duncan Castles (Record/Times) / Paul Hirst (The Times) / James Ducker (the Telegraph) / Rob Dawson (ESPN)/ Miguel Delaney (Transfer News Only) Samuel Luckhurst (M.E.N
Tier 4 (Indirect sources, low reliability)
BildSport (Germany) / Tuttomercatoweb (Italy) / Sport (Spain) / Goal.com / Guillem Balague (Sky Sports/Freelance) / Stuart Mathieson (MEN) / The Independent / Mundo Deportivo (Spain) / Marca (Spain/Real Madrid) / AS (Spain/Real Madrid) / Talksport (UK & Ireland) / Sky Sports / Kaveh Solhekol (Sky Sports) / Stephen Howson (FullTimeDevils) / Paris/Euro United (France/PSG) / Simon Mullock (Mirror) / London Evening Standard/ Daily Mail / The Mirror / John Cross (The Mirror)
Tier 5 (Aggregators, Known Shitposters and Banned sources)
Peter O'Rouke (Freelance) / Tancredi Palmieri (Freelance/Bullshit merchant) / Metro (banned - utter shit) / Express (banned - redditwide ban due to vote manipulation) / The Sun (Banned - for being the Sun) / Diario Gol(Spain) / Daily Star (Go there for tits, not news) / CaughtOffside (Aggregates, but poses the news as its own) / Don Balon (Spain)/ Squawka (Vote Manipulation) / Sport/LAD Bible (Clickbait merchants/Content thieves) / Joe.co.uk (Shit memes and even worse transfer content) / 90min.com / / ESPN (except for articles by Delaney, Mitten, Dawson and Ogden) / Manchester Evening New / Here is the City (Aggregator) / Bleacher Report (Aggregator) / 90 min.com (Aggregator)/ All Other Aggregators / Football365 (Transfer News) / SportsMole (Shit source)

Chelsea:

Transfer: - 2020 Summer Transfer Window Rumors Part III

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pierre Menes is absolutely not reliable. Always cracks me up when I read this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Note that that is for United related stuff. And that he's tier 3 which means average.
Yeah but he's not reliable under any circumstance. Like for any team.
He's a polemist rather than a journalist. He clashes football players and coaches. Sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly, sometimes it's funny, more often than not it's not.
But he has zero reliability.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
He can be a hot head and is probably immature.
But he's 20, so that shit happens.
I sincerely hope there's more to it and again I think so.

I think it's a maturity issue. He's still young. I think what's accelerating his exit is he's not just refusing to change his attitude but also refusing to sign a contract extension.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Talk of Chelsea buying a LB worth 50M pounds. Werner that was like 40M and Havertz well worth 90M, they also bought Ziyech for 30 and talks of also a goalie. This is a lot, transfer ban or not. They also bought Pulisic for a big sum.]

Feels like me editing my money on FM

@Vasilevskiy why would you edit your money when you can just straight move a go over with the in-game editor?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Club Brugge chased him for months.. thank god those rumours can finally end now :laugh: Brugge were also willing to pay up to 14-15m euros, but San Lorenzo kept refusing. Now they'll get less
Probably something to do with resale value.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
@Pavel Buchnevich

The NBA sucks up to China because it's a large market for them. One of their owners showed support for Hong Kong. China flipped out, and the NBA and its players immediately walked back everything that was said, and were profusely apologizing to China for what was said about Hong Kong.

I know what happened with NBA and China, but @S E P H called Chelsea posters here hypocritical for supporting a club owned by Abramovich, and compared it to LeBron James which is just idiotic. Show the receipts of being hypocritical. The only owner I've been against on here would be if MBS purchased a club, and yes I think there is a clear distinction between him and Roman. If we want to play the moral high-ground on which billionaires and corporations we should support, then there are a lot of sports clubs and businesses to boycott, so it's pretty clear who the actual hypocrite is here. I realize you were just summing it up, but I wanted to know exactly why he thinks Chelsea posters are being hypocrites.

The only moral issue I have with being happy about Werner and Havertz is knowing that they are only happening because of COVID. Without COVID, Werner is likely with Liverpool, and Havertz is a tossup as more would be after him. It's sucks that a pandemic has sort of led to this, but it's out of our hands and nothing we could've done about it to make the market "fair". That's why I'm a bit iffy being that happy over our fortunes as a Chelsea fan.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well it means another midfielder that is attacking isn't necessarily a need anymore.
I'm just saying, that tweet makes it seems like a CB was never in the plans, but wouldn't reality have it as a CB was always in the plans and the attacking mid was the one dependent on Pogba? Maybe it's just semantics though, just though thought it was weird wording.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm just saying, that tweet makes it seems like a CB was never in the plans, but wouldn't reality have it as a CB was always in the plans and the attacking mid was the one dependent on Pogba? Maybe it's just semantics though, just though thought it was weird wording.
I think they were both in the plans to be upgraded/replaced and now that Pogba is likely to stay they don't have to focus on another central attacking type player.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Evilo @Duchene2MacKinnon, any idea where this Balerdi to Marseille story is coming from? I've seen nothing about it. He's looked shockingly bad so far in limited minutes. I think Todibo would definitely be a better option for Marseille.

Edit:

Found where it's coming from. Depending on the price, I wouldn't mind this. Could be good for Balerdi, as well. Bad for Marseille, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not very surprising. None have much value. I thought Gomez might amount to something, but so far he hasn't. Passlack has really fallen off. Burins never got much of a chance, and probably was never going to be good enough to play for Dortmund.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
@Evilo @Duchene2MacKinnon, any idea where this Balerdi to Marseille story is coming from? I've seen nothing about it. He's looked shockingly bad so far in limited minutes. I think Todibo would definitely be a better option for Marseille.

Edit:

Found where it's coming from. Depending on the price, I wouldn't mind this. Could be good for Balerdi, as well. Bad for Marseille, in my opinion.

He should definitely move. Was treated poorly by Dortmund yeh he sucked in that one game he had. Where Dortmund were awful in general. Depending on price it could be a good move for whoever buys him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Very interesting. I like that a club like RB Leipzig is interested in the kid as for me it underscores his talent to a degree. That said I wouldn't want to lose him at all and if the B team is in the playoffs (I think they are) and can get promoted I think a season in Segunda where he plays consistently would be the best move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->