Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Meh. Magallan, Botman, Pierie, Veltman - all CB’s of sub Champions League level. Ajax is aiming for more quality and rightfully so. Glad they are cleaning ship somewhat. Alvarez has been poor as well, but he’ll get more time to prove hinself.

Even though I am still scared Magallan might actually see some minutes if Ajax finds no buyer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton wanted Hojbjerg too but sounds like player wants to go to London

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What's his scouting report like? I know he's left footed and I've heard good stuff but I haven't seen him play much.
He's great on the ball this is becoming a staple for modern defenders to be honest. I don't think you can be elite without this attribute anymore. He's pretty big but isn't the best in the air, one of the areas he clearly needs to work on. He needs to be more aggressive to take his game to the next level but he has all the tools to be very good for any team that buys him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Some whispers that LFC have been looking at Real Betis CB Aissa Mandi to replace Lovren as 4th CB (10m € value reported, so basically a wash with Mandi probably on less wages). Do any of the La Liga folks know anything about him?

@les Habs @Duchene2MacKinnon @Power Man

LFC don’t necessarily need a star at CB but if Mandi can do a Ragnar Klavan impersonation I would be happy with that. Interesting that it’s a guy they could lose to AFCON though.
He's been very good for Betis, I'd say Bartra has been better but I think there's an argument made that he might be slightly better. He's an imposing figure on the field despite not being that big. LFC can do a lot worse than him as a 4th option. I mean he isn't a world better but in a limited role he can easily do well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He's great on the ball this is becoming a staple for modern defenders to be honest. I don't think you can be elite without this attribute anymore. He's pretty big but isn't the best in the air, one of the areas he clearly needs to work on. He needs to be more aggressive to take his game to the next level but he has all the tools to be very good for any team that buys him.
Sounds like the perfect complement to Maguire honestly.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So I have the breakdown of Osimhen's transfer :
60M€
+
20M€ worth of players that Campos liked or were needed :
Karnezis (backup goalie)
Manzi (20 yo CB)
Palmieri (20 yo striker)
Liguori (22 yo striker)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Top 10 L1 sellings :
10- F. Mendy from OL to Real 48M (bought 5M)
9- Bernardo Silva from Monaco to City 50M (bought 15M)
8- Lacazette from Lyon to Arsenal 53M (formed at club)
7- B. Mendy from Monaco to City 57.5M (bought 13M)
6- Ndombele from Lyon to Tottenham 60M (bought 8M)
5- Martial from Monaco to United 60M (should be up to 70M after a few NT goals, bought 10M)
4- Lemar from Monaco to Atletico 70M (bought 4M)
3- J. Rodriguez from Monaco to Real 75M (bought 45M)
2- Pepe from Lille to Arsenal 80M (bought 12M)
1- Osimhen from Lille to Napoli 81M (bought 12.5M)

Of those 10 guys, Luis Campos is responsible for 7.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Top 10 L1 sellings :
10- F. Mendy from OL to Real 48M
9- Bernardo Silva from Monaco to City 50M
8- Lacazette from Lyon to Arsenal 53M
7- B. Mendy from Monaco to City 57.5M
6- Ndombele from Lyon to Tottenham 60M
5- Martial from Monaco to United 60M (should be up to 70M after a few NT goals)
4- Lemar from Monaco to Atletico 70M
3- J. Rodriguez from Monaco to Real 75M
2- Pepe from Lille to Arsenal 80M
1- Osimhen from Lille to Napoli 81M

Of those 10 guys, Luis Campos is responsible for 7.
And 5 of those 7 are the top 5 right?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes Compos didn't sell the 3 Lyon guys, that's it.
And in fact, he bought Martial from Lyon's academy for 10M and then sold him 70. Same with B. Mendy, Osimhen, Pepe, J. Rodriguez, Lemar, Silva and all. They stayed no more than 2 years before being sold for insane money.
So his recipe is buying between 5 and 15M, selling north of 50 after 1 or 2 years. Completely crazy.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Meh. Magallan, Botman, Pierie, Veltman - all CB’s of sub Champions League level. Ajax is aiming for more quality and rightfully so. Glad they are cleaning ship somewhat. Alvarez has been poor as well, but he’ll get more time to prove hinself.

Even though I am still scared Magallan might actually see some minutes if Ajax finds no buyer.
I really hope Ten Haag just puts Martinez as a FT CB. I don’t see why he shouldn’t tbh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think the three things modern defenders need to do is be competent on the ball, competent in the air But most important iI think being able to defend on the turn is mandatory. Forwards, and game play in general, are getting too fast.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There's some confusion in here...if Coutinho is coming, he's not coming here to answer questions or help Arsenal by any means. He would be coming here to try and revitalize his career by a Brasilian bloke who has enough power by taking a risk on a Brasilian player. He would NOT be coming here if Edu wasn't in charge of Footballing Operations....likewise with the Thiago Silva rumours as well.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I really hope Ten Haag just puts Martinez as a FT CB. I don’t see why he shouldn’t tbh

Because the Martinez at CDM experiment went extremely well when Blind and De Ligt occupied the CB positions.

Two of Martinez, Blind and Alvarez will be the new pairing. Hoping for the former two.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Because the Martinez at CDM experiment went extremely well when Blind and De Ligt occupied the CB positions.

Two of Martinez, Blind and Alvarez will be the new pairing. Hoping for the former two.
De ligt was already in Juve when Martinez came no? Yeah, I get that Martinez has been great as a DM but I think he will be just as good as CB.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He has nowhere else to go. He'd go there anyway.
It sounds like Arsenal has almost no money to spend. But like whatever happened with Pjanic and Arthur, both clubs may figure out some very creative accounting to get this deal through. Barca absolutely needs to clean up their wage bill and haven't had much success with their recent 100m+ transfers (Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What kind of source is Mark Ogden for United? This is where this report comes from. He states that Woodward only wants to offer 50M pounds, and United thinks they can keep it under 80M pounds. OGS apparently wants them to offer whatever is needed to get the transfer sorted. Dortmund's stated deadline for a transfer is August 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad