Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
How is Barcelona gonna buy both Griezmann and Neymar? o_O

if they offer 2 good players (couthino, rakitic) to psg in return for neymar then they can probaly put the price down to something like €120 million for neymar.

neymar - griezmann - messi

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
if they offer 2 good players (couthino, rakitic) to psg in return for neymar then they can probaly put the price down to something like €120 million for neymar.

Maybe I'm entirely wrong but I feel like that trio wouldn't work against the best teams. Just seems like they would all get in each other's way.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
You sure about that?
From an ability standpoint, I'm not. From a team dynamic standpoint, I am. He was being difficult in his last contract negotiation and was a faulty fax machine away from being a Galactico. He's in a difficult run of form and he's making another contract negotiation hell.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that it's not as cut and dry that he'll be in a United shirt beyond next season as it seems.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
From an ability standpoint, I'm not. From a team dynamic standpoint, I am. He was being difficult in his last contract negotiation and was a faulty fax machine away from being a Galactico. He's in a difficult run of form and he's making another contract negotiation hell.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that it's not as cut and dry that he'll be in a United shirt beyond next season as it seems.
I agree it's not as cut and dry with DDG. I would be okay selling him (also would be okay keeping him) but I just don't want Donnaruma to replace him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ornstein (Bob McKenzie level good) said that Zaha went to the CP owner to try to get a move to the Arsenal - who is his dream team, but it sounds like Palace still want 80 million for him. LOL.

If Arsenal can't get Zaha, they're focusing their attention on Keita Balde from Monaco which it sounds like they want 30 million for him. Ziyech wants to come to Arsenal, sounds like we're his childhood club yet Sevilla is the team who made a bid for him (Ajax wants 36 million for him).

Celtic declined a 17.5m+7m add-on bid from the Arsenal for Tierney. Celtic doesn't mind the money, but they want all the money upfront.

E: Arsenal signed a 300 million kit deal from Adidas, I am not saying that majority of it can go to transfers, but holy **** we can't use at least 20 million of that and add it to our 40 million?

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Didn't see anyone say anything about Andre Gomes making his loan at Everton permanent. Great piece of business by them, IMO. He'll never be of the quality to play for a Barcelona, but he was really excellent this season, probably Everton's second best player behind Digne - these Barca outcasts are doing a job at Goodison.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thanks. Not that bad, the head part of the game can always be fixed. Chiellini can always give him a couple of shots across the head to set him straight.
Can he potentially turn into a "destroyer" type midfield? That's what we have been lacking since Vidal and Pogba(ish) have left.
No he's not a destroyer.
He's an insane technical talent.
I'll give you an example.
In the youth ranks he was so much better than anyone else that sometimes he challenged himself to only make one touch on the ball for entire games. One touch football and nothing else. And he would still dominate.

Reactions: Juve

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Celtic need to sit tight and wait for the right money in today’s market. 25 million is still crap compared to what’s going around but 25 Mill is still 25 Mill.

Hopefully Celtic can put some of that towards wages and bring some talent in to make a push for the second round in the CL.

For a team that has DOMINATED Scotland for close to a decade it’s a shame they didn’t take advantage of a weak domestic league and improve in Europe.

Zombie Rangers are making noise again and it won’t be long until they are spending the big bucks and challenging for the league.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

If Barca wants to spend 120M, Dembele will have to come too.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah he's not promising. Nor U23.

Injuries have stunted him (and obviously U23 is just factually incorrect), but he's probably a top 5 RB in the Prem. TAA and Azpi are both far far better than him, but he's in the next tier below. He probably won't get that much better though, so I agree that he should'nt be considered "promising."

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
No he's not a destroyer.
He's an insane technical talent.
I'll give you an example.
In the youth ranks he was so much better than anyone else that sometimes he challenged himself to only make one touch on the ball for entire games. One touch football and nothing else. And he would still dominate.

That sounds quite amazing if he can make it work for Juve. He sounds like a perfect Sarri player the way you describe him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ornstein (Bob McKenzie level good) said that Zaha went to the CP owner to try to get a move to the Arsenal - who is his dream team, but it sounds like Palace still want 80 million for him. LOL.

If Arsenal can't get Zaha, they're focusing their attention on Keita Balde from Monaco which it sounds like they want 30 million for him. Ziyech wants to come to Arsenal, sounds like we're his childhood club yet Sevilla is the team who made a bid for him (Ajax wants 36 million for him).

Celtic declined a 17.5m+7m add-on bid from the Arsenal for Tierney. Celtic doesn't mind the money, but they want all the money upfront.

E: Arsenal signed a 300 million kit deal from Adidas, I am not saying that majority of it can go to transfers, but holy **** we can't use at least 20 million of that and add it to our 40 million?

We should be able to spend huge money since we made large profits last year, but Kroenke just spend 150 million pounds on a yacht and is still using his own money to pay of the Rams new stadium.

By the way, it was reported that Crystal Palace would consider 60 million + Callum Chambers for Zaha. Would you be willing to pay that? I certainly would.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah he's not promising. Nor U23.

Injuries have stunted him (and obviously U23 is just factually incorrect), but he's probably a top 5 RB in the Prem. TAA and Azpi are both far far better than him, but he's in the next tier below. He probably won't get that much better though, so I agree that he should'nt be considered "promising."

Why won't he get much better? He just turned 24 and is coming of his best season in a long time under a new manager who improved him a lot, and seemingly suits his play style, since he likes fast fullbacks who push forward and deliver low cutbacks.

He is better than Azpilicueta now, Azpi was not impressive at all this year, especially offensively. I would say Bellerin is number 3 behind Walker and Alexander Arnold, and slightly ahead of AWB, but far ahead of Azpilicueta, Dalot and both of the clowns playing right back at the bottle jobs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
By the way, it was reported that Crystal Palace would consider 60 million + Callum Chambers for Zaha. Would you be willing to pay that? I certainly would.
I bet the Arsenal fans would be willing to pay that. I'm not taking that if I am Palace. I want straight cash. They just got 50m for AWB. They can get a better replacement than Chambers who is mediocre at best, and has a lot of warts. Money only, no makeweights if I am moving my best player.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I bet the Arsenal fans would be willing to pay that. I'm not taking that if I am Palace. I want straight cash. They just got 50m for AWB. They can get a better replacement than Chambers who is mediocre at best, and has a lot of warts. Money only, no makeweights if I am moving my best player.

You're wrong.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

How much would it take? Palace have said they would consider 60 million plus a player, and stated that they would be interested in Chambers as a makeweight. I agree that I would demand more if I where Palace, Chambers is not much more than average even though some of our fans think he is God because he won player of the season at Fulham. 60 million + Guendouzi would be great in my eyes, but that doesn't seem realistic, so 60 million + someone promising like Nketiah maybe? I would not want to give up Chambers because of his versatility and recent improvements though, but I would do it if it meant getting Zaha.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
60m + Chambers for Zaha would be a hysterical move for Arsenal to do. Chambers looked really solid for Fulham this year and Zaha isn't worth 60m.
I completely, but respectfully, disagree with this. Palace shouldn't move off their cash valuation, and I disagree with you on Chambers.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Why won't he get much better? He just turned 24 and is coming of his best season in a long time under a new manager who improved him a lot, and seemingly suits his play style, since he likes fast fullbacks who push forward and deliver low cutbacks.

He is better than Azpilicueta now, Azpi was not impressive at all this year, especially offensively. I would say Bellerin is number 3 behind Walker and Alexander Arnold, and slightly ahead of AWB, but far ahead of Azpilicueta, Dalot and both of the clowns playing right back at the bottle jobs.

He's a player whose game is entirely based around his pace who's had multiple lower body injuries. His best season was when he was 20/21, and I don't see either his offensive or defensive abilities improving that much. He's a really good RB for a top 6 club, but I don't think he'll ever be a world beater.

You've had a lot of bad takes in this thread, but Bellerin being better than Azpilicueta might be the worst one. Azpilicueta is at worst a top 5 player in the league defensively (I'd put him 2nd behind Van Dijk). He's obviously a defensively oriented fullback, but his offensive capabilities are underrated (good interplay, underrated crosser, just not super pacey). I like Hector Bellerin, I think he's a good player and I've said on this board many times that I've wanted him very badly at Chelsea (this was back when Azpi was playing LB and a broken Ivanovic at RB, and then when Victor Moses was playing RWB under Conte). It's a ludicrous notion to suggest that he's "far ahead" of Azpilicueta, it's honestly kinda a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad