Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
60m + Chambers for Zaha would be a hysterical move for Arsenal to do. Chambers looked really solid for Fulham this year and Zaha isn't worth 60m.

Zaha is worth 60 million in todays market, he is a world class player on his day and has consistently been possibly the best player outside of the top 6 for a number of years ( although I think Ruben Neves has took that title from him now). He has usually thrived around talented attackers during periods Palace have had them too, so a move to a bigger club could suit him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How much would it take? Palace have said they would consider 60 million plus a player, and stated that they would be interested in Chambers as a makeweight. I agree that I would demand more if I where Palace, Chambers is not much more than average even though some of our fans think he is God because he won player of the season at Fulham. 60 million + Guendouzi would be great in my eyes, but that doesn't seem realistic, so 60 million + someone promising like Nketiah maybe? I would not want to give up Chambers because of his versatility and recent improvements though, but I would do it if it meant getting Zaha.
Havent seen the 60 + player demands, but I assume any rumor with a make weight in it is BS, because those moves are very rare.

If Palace sells Zaha and AWB in the same window, they are in a relegation fight. They lose more than 60m by not being in the PL. If I am Palace I am not selling Zaha unless they are dramatically overpaid

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I completely, but respectfully, disagree with this. Palace shouldn't move off their cash valuation, and I disagree with you on Chambers.

If I'm Palace, I don't sell for less than 50, but if I'm Arsenal I don't pay that, let alone 60 + Chambers. I don't see Zaha as being good enough to be much more than being a superstar for a mid-table squad, and it's not as if Arsenal are lacking in forwards.

Zaha is more important to Crystal Palace than he would be worthwhile as a buy for Arsenal. His value to CP is essentially priceless, whereas I don't think he'd make Arsenal that much better

Reactions: S E P H

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He's a player whose game is entirely based around his pace who's had multiple lower body injuries. His best season was when he was 20/21, and I don't see either his offensive or defensive abilities improving that much. He's a really good RB for a top 6 club, but I don't think he'll ever be a world beater.

You've had a lot of bad takes in this thread, but Bellerin being better than Azpilicueta might be the worst one. Azpilicueta is at worst a top 5 player in the league defensively (I'd put him 2nd behind Van Dijk). He's obviously a defensively oriented fullback, but his offensive capabilities are underrated (good interplay, underrated crosser, just not super pacey). I like Hector Bellerin, I think he's a good player and I've said on this board many times that I've wanted him very badly at Chelsea (this was back when Azpi was playing LB and a broken Ivanovic at RB, and then when Victor Moses was playing RWB under Conte). It's a ludicrous notion to suggest that he's "far ahead" of Azpilicueta, it's honestly kinda a joke.

Bellerin game is not entirely reliant on pace, he relies a lot on a brilliant positioning sense and great vision and ability on the ball. Azpilicueta has lost a lot of pace and loses 1 on 1 running battles when Chelsea play a high line more often, and while he is a great defensive player, his lack of offense really hurts Chelsea when they are struggling to break teams down as we saw a lot last season. Azpilicueta has constantly regressed during the past season, and he isn't the player he once was. I prefer him as a central defender in a back three, where is undoubtedly world class. He is a decent crosser but his technical ability and vision offensively are poor compared to basically every other fullback in the top 6.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If I'm Palace, I don't sell for less than 50, but if I'm Arsenal I don't pay that, let alone 60 + Chambers. I don't see Zaha as being good enough to be much more than being a superstar for a mid-table squad, and it's not as if Arsenal are lacking in forwards.
Palace get relegated if they sell Zaha. They shouldn't compromise on a fee and they shouldn't take a make weight. I don't think Zaha is the best thing since sliced bread but he is a player who moved to United too soon, and people think he can't play top 6 even thought he has improved since.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
By the way, it was reported that Crystal Palace would consider 60 million + Callum Chambers for Zaha. Would you be willing to pay that? I certainly would.
Hell no, Zaha at most is 40 million and that is even pushing it. This isn't to say he's a bad player, I still think he could eventually become a top 15 player in the EPL. However, the problem isn't his talent, it's you can get similar players across the English Strait for half the cost and same potential.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Palace get relegated if they sell Zaha. They shouldn't compromise on a fee and they shouldn't take a make weight. I don't think Zaha is the best thing since sliced bread but he is a player who moved to United too soon, and people think he can't play top 6 even thought he has improved since.

I fully agree that Crystal Palace would be boned without Zaha, that's why I agreed they shouldn't sell him for anything less than 50m. But if I'm Arsenal, anything north of 50m just isn't worth it. Zaha definitely moved to United too soon, and he's developed really well since he went back to CP. I won't go so far as to say he's the best player outside the top six, but he's in the top tier. But he is not so good that he'd be worth 60mil to Arsenal, nor do I think he'd dramatically improve any of the top six sides so much as to be worth that much money, especially considering (as Evilo notes) that better players can be had for a similar rate. If I'm Crystal Palace, I don't sell him at all.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would not even want Zaha for 40 million if I'm Arsenal. As said before he is just too inconsistent. That could be a product playing for CP but even then I'm not interested

Reactions: Cassano

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Hell no, Zaha at most is 40 million and that is even pushing it. This isn't to say he's a bad player, I still think he could eventually become a top 15 player in the EPL. However, the problem isn't his talent, it's you can get similar players across the English Strait for half the cost and same potential.

Good point, there are cheaper similar players. I would still pay that amount for Zaha though because of our need for a ball carrying winger and the fact that he is Premier League proven and a consistent top performer.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
In fact, Bordeaux has rejected three offers from Sevilla for Kounde (15, 18 and 20M€).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Azpilicueta fell of a cliff last season. He is a completely different player in a back 3. Chelsea really should go back to that formation
Not really, and he's still much better than Bellerin, who is really not that good.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Why would you throw that kind of money at Zaha when you could probably get Malcolm for less or even Sarabia for WAY less?

Didn't see anyone say anything about Andre Gomes making his loan at Everton permanent. Great piece of business by them, IMO. He'll never be of the quality to play for a Barcelona, but he was really excellent this season, probably Everton's second best player behind Digne - these Barca outcasts are doing a job at Goodison.

Of course. I was thrilled to see him go. As for his importance at Everton, I saw them play more than any other Premiership side this past year and I thought Digne and Keane were easily their best players.

Denis Suarez to Valencia is off but Rafinha’s transfer is close to completion. Valencia didn’t want both of them, opted to take the chance on Rafinha.

According to AS, Denis Suarez is likely to make the move to Celta;
El tiempo juega a favor del Celta para fichar a Denis Suárez

Haven't seen a fee for Rafinha recently, but I'm guessing about 15 million. That link you provided says 10.5 million for Denis, so maybe they land at 12 million? That would be a net spend of about 16 million, and that's including both the De Jong and Emerson transfers along with Neto.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not really, and he's still much better than Bellerin, who is really not that good.
I love it when you clearly see when posters have no effin' idea what they're talking about.

Azpilicueta is better defensively, but he doesn't touch Bellerin in terms of going forward with the ball and play creation.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I love it when you clearly see when posters have no effin' idea what they're talking about.

Azpilicueta is better defensively, but he doesn't touch Bellerin in terms of going forward with the ball and play creation.

Azpilicueta created more chances this season actually. Clear cut chances it was the same, they had the same assists. Azpilicueta is better by far considering defense. So, I also love it when posters don't know what they're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->